[Official] Bioshock 2

Fought off another Big Sister tonight. I'd hate to see what they would be like on the hardest difficulty! While you do you feel invincible at times as a Big Daddy, I think the Big Sister is a great balance.

Fought off another Big Sister tonight. I'd hate to see what they would be like on the hardest difficulty! While you do you feel invincible at times as a Big Daddy, I think the Big Sister is a great balance.

Just wait until you have to fight 2 together towards the end of the game laugh.gif

I've still not played this, but Yahztee absolutely mauled it lol

http://www.escapistm...1494-Bioshock-2

Yep just watched it. Although I more or less agree with what he says, I still had a really good time playing it regardless. The game-play was incredibly tight.

Had to stop watching half way through because of spoilers (I'm only half way through the game). Definitely have to come back to it and finish the review eventually. Basically copy/paste DL's thoughts here. I thought the familiarity would be a put off for the game, but I just keep wanting to play more and more. Game-play wise, B2 couldn't be any more solid.

"Bioshock 3 which will presumably let you play as a f*****g vending machine."

GOLDEN!

Yeah that hit me hard :laugh:

Even with two tests next week that I should be studying for, I definitely can feel like it will be a Bioshock 2 marathon weekend to finish it. Can't wait to see the twist!

Even with two tests next week that I should be studying for, I definitely can feel like it will be a Bioshock 2 marathon weekend to finish it. Can't wait to see the twist!

Really hate to break it to you but it's been pretty clear from the developers and marketing that this game doesn't rely on a twist

Oh there is a "twist," but it's not the one people are expecting, and most surely no where near the levels of Bioshock 1. This is more, how shall I say it, artistic?

Really hate to break it to you but it's been pretty clear from the developers and marketing that this game doesn't rely on a twist

Any of the developer videos before the game was released mentioned a twist. Not to the level of Bioshock one, but they said there will be some kind of a twist. Obviously I'm not expecting it to be near Bioshock's level, but I'm interested to see what will happen.

I have finally finished this game since getting it 3 weeks ago. I really did not enjoy the game play much, and that's why i left it alone for 2 weeks, and forced myself to complete it few days ago.

Anyway i only got into the game in Persephone level where you play as a

little sister

for a bit, walking though those beautiful environments, until i approached some splicer. That was biggest surprise really.

The ending was cool too.

Fighting big sisters wasn't very fun, nor fighting Alpha series. Really old version big daddy is faster, stronger and more agile than current gen??

Still thanks to the last few levels, i got some enjoyment from the game :)

Finally finished the game yesterday. Couple random comments about the game:

1. Less linear levels frustrated me. In the original, you had room to explore parts of levels but you always knew where "not" to go if you didn't want to continue the storyline (to make sure you got everything). In Bioshock 2, you were greeted with a level where you could continue on for a long time before realizing, "crap I don't think I'm supposed to go here yet, I better backtrack to make sure I have everything." In a game that wanted to emphasizing less back tracking (by taking out the ability to go back to old levels), I think I ended up doing more back tracking anyways.

2. Why are the Power To The People stations so freaking obvious in this game? That was part of the challenge of the original is that they really hid them better and you really had to go out of your way to find them.

3. For some reason I just used the "fire" plasmid for 75% of the game. There just seemed to be no point in using anything else.

4. I remembered hearing about the moral choices, but outside of the ending it doesn't really seem to matter at all.

5. Loved the colorful environments.

6. Finally, I just didn't seem to care as much with Bioshock 2 as I did with the original. Everybody said this before it came out, and I agree that the mystery of Rapture was gone for me in this game. The fact that you could destroy a splicer in a 1v1 was too overpowering. Yes to compensate they threw tons of people at you, but I still never really felt threatened unless there was a Big Sister around. Don't get me wrong, I still had a ton of fun playing the game, but it isn't the GOTY type that the original was.

I just finished it today and my thoughts are pretty in line with Mystic, except that I used Electric Shock, not Inferno :p

Very fun play, but not as captivating as the first. If they could somehow combine parts of the two, I think they'd have a ridiculous hit on their hands as they did with the first.

-Spenser

Finally finished the game yesterday. Couple random comments about the game:

1. Less linear levels frustrated me. In the original, you had room to explore parts of levels but you always knew where "not" to go if you didn't want to continue the storyline (to make sure you got everything). In Bioshock 2, you were greeted with a level where you could continue on for a long time before realizing, "crap I don't think I'm supposed to go here yet, I better backtrack to make sure I have everything." In a game that wanted to emphasizing less back tracking (by taking out the ability to go back to old levels), I think I ended up doing more back tracking anyways.

2. Why are the Power To The People stations so freaking obvious in this game? That was part of the challenge of the original is that they really hid them better and you really had to go out of your way to find them.

3. For some reason I just used the "fire" plasmid for 75% of the game. There just seemed to be no point in using anything else.

4. I remembered hearing about the moral choices, but outside of the ending it doesn't really seem to matter at all.

5. Loved the colorful environments.

6. Finally, I just didn't seem to care as much with Bioshock 2 as I did with the original. Everybody said this before it came out, and I agree that the mystery of Rapture was gone for me in this game. The fact that you could destroy a splicer in a 1v1 was too overpowering. Yes to compensate they threw tons of people at you, but I still never really felt threatened unless there was a Big Sister around. Don't get me wrong, I still had a ton of fun playing the game, but it isn't the GOTY type that the original was.

I more or less agree with these except for the less linear levels, but that's just a prefence of gameplay. I liked the way you could combine plasmids to a degree and I used all of them, but I did find myself kind of forcing that issue when I realized I was mainly using the freeze. IMO this wasnt a bad game, but it was no Bioshock 1.