Board stats for the past 3 years

It certainly is. Another decline like this...

tbh ive noticed a big drop with internet forums and new members in general over the past 2 years, not just here.

tbh ive noticed a big drop with internet forums and new members in general over the past 2 years, not just here.

I only ever visit Neowin but if it were to shut down...I would follow suit :(

You're correct. The number of new user registrations per year on any given discussion forum has decreased rather rapidly over the past couple of years and it's a trend that has been spreading. There are numerous reasons for this decline (e.g. the economy, lack of 'free' time, ...) and hopefully with a bit of assistance, it will resolve itself over the course of the next few years. The registration rate at my discussion community has decreased by nearly 25% over the past few months. That's not exactly what I wanted to see.

Then again, many communities are simply experiencing a lull in activity. I've only been a Neowin member for a day, however the activity levels here seem to be pretty fantastic... even with the decline. :) I'm here for the long-haul.

i think alot of the forum decline is due to social networks such as twitter and facebook.

i mean i dunno what id do without my pc, forums and internet and of course my smartphone which i still go online, lol. i can't imagine how i ever survived the 90's without these things. :pinch:

There's no reason to panic yet in my opinion. Look at the Alexa site info for Neowin.net: There was a huge drop in the page rank in the second half of 2008 and first quarter of 2009, yes, but ever since there's an upwards trend.

Screen%20shot%202010-01-04%20at%2009.46.53.png

IMHO the only way for Neowin is up.

quite a few boards i used to go to closed shop. id hate to ever think neowin would follow suit someday. :no:

That's what brought me here. The forum I posted at closed shop. It's getting rough out there for forums.