Relaunch of Neowin.net Friday Jan 15th 2010

~8 hours until it starts? I will be sound asleep when it starts, but if it does take up only 6 hours, it might be up by the time I wake up, if it takes only a small amount of time over that I will only have to wait a few hours for it to come back up. Great timing for me. :p

We have a channel topic for a reason, you know. ;)

In my experience on IRC, it's amazing how many people DON'T pay attention to the channel topics. Heck, I've even broadcasted Global's to everyone many times and people still wouldn't get it...

That said, I'm definitely looking forward to the update. What I saw firsthand looked really good.

In my experience on IRC, it's amazing how many people DON'T pay attention to the channel topics. Heck, I've even broadcasted Global's to everyone many times and people still wouldn't get it...

That said, I'm definitely looking forward to the update. What I saw firsthand looked really good.

A simple "read the topic" might point users in the right direction. Hopefully members don't ask why Neowin is down... It's been announced the update is coming for a few months now.

jQuery 1.4 support will probably come a week or two after launch - I want to test more since it's quite a significant update. We might even wait til version 1.4.1.

1.4.1 is out next week ;)

What are the IRC details for Neowin?

You can connect using any IRC client:

/server irc.neowin.net 6667 YourPasswordHere

Just make sure you have a username set inside the IRC CP.

2 hours left in the mission, I repeat, 2 hours left in the mission.

The bomb has almost reached the final terminus, Muahahaha!

I have been given intel which suggests that this conversion has a high probability of resulting in catastrophic data loss. The most favorable time to do this operation will be tow days from now on the seventeenth at 3 am.

you guys are going to be angry when you see its a rss page

Wow! Really? lol, a RSS page? I was hoping for something really cooler, oh well. Anyways, the upgrade is more important!

Synapse is the most awesome bit of php you'll never see :p Basically is a PHP framework I created a couple of years ago, that's being used underneath Ignition to power the new front page (and all the other pages except the forum/blogs, which are IPB). Synapse & Ignition make it really quick and easy for us to add new functionality into the site.

By reading such statements I'd want to join the staff to see most of it in action behind the scenes! You guys will need a public day for all of us to see how the system works. :laugh:

I just want to say, before everything goes horribly wrong with the forum upgrade, that although I haven't been a member here long it's been nice knowing you all.

Thought everyone would like to see this small statistic:

post-2-1263554447.png

I want to thank the subscribers that took the time to register on the beta site and help us test it.

We can safely say that this test is unprecedented in the history of Neowin, the involvement of the Subscribers certainly helped a great deal!