Relaunch of Neowin.net Friday Jan 15th 2010

The forum however is a bit different. We have around 10 Million posts to convert from 2.x.x to be able to work with IPB 3.x. A test has already taken place and I can say that it takes just under 2 days to convert! Dave isn't on now but I'm planning on asking him if we can append the rest of the post data on Friday rather than having to run it completely again.

Yorak, Audioboxer. Does this answer your questions?

Can somebody please verify the approximate time Neowin will go down, and roughly how long it will be down?

Thanks.

12PM GMT. Approximately 12 hours but that's a guess, it could be longer it could be shorter. It really depends on the work rate of our servers upgrading the millions of posts.

oh man, good luck admins. Thanks so much for such a wonderful job you guys do for us here to keep this place going. I know its a second full time job for some of you without compensation and I for one salute you for it.

Good luck tomorrow and can't wait to see the finished product

12PM GMT. Approximately 12 hours but that's a guess, it could be longer it could be shorter. It really depends on the work rate of our servers upgrading the millions of posts.

Thanks a bunch!

Good luck everyone!

As tom posted, it will be starting around 12pm GMT, so another 12 hours from now.

And if it does only take 12 hours to upgrade everything, it should be done this time tomorrow.

As tom posted, it will be starting around 12pm GMT, so another 12 hours from now.

And if it does only take 12 hours to upgrade everything, it should be done this time tomorrow.

Hopefully! 12 hours to start time :D