Relaunch of Neowin.net Friday Jan 15th 2010

Whee I can't believe it's happening tomorrow. I bet it's was finished a week ago but they gave a confirmed date this late on so that they can make sure it's COMPLETELY finished.

I know your plans. :ninja:

I'm quite sure the Dev's did use jQuery in this project, so if you guy aren't aware that jQuery 1.4 is going to be released today, here you go:

http://jquery14.com/

Whee I can't believe it's happening tomorrow. I bet it's was finished a week ago but they gave a confirmed date this late on so that they can make sure it's COMPLETELY finished.

I know your plans. :ninja:

They have finished both Ignition and Atlas, its currently running on http://ignition.neowin.net/ (atleast I think so), maybe they finished a week back, mainly because the subscribers were given a change to test it out and report bugs but they are only upgrading it tomorrow.

jQuery 1.4 support will probably come a week or two after launch - I want to test more since it's quite a significant update. We might even wait til version 1.4.1.

Wouldn't it make the upgrade easier if there was some sort of system purge? As in delete all the accounts of people who have No activity that registered before say 2008?

Wouldn't it make the upgrade easier if there was some sort of system purge? As in delete all the accounts of people who have No activity that registered before say 2008?

Yeah! I opted for this on a large Norwegian forum as well. I think 12 months is good time for purging old users.

Yeah in terms of size, just like post counts.. Neowin prides on the amount of registrations and posts here.

If we were to continuously purge inactive accounts, we'd slide out of the top 10 "big boards" into "just another forum" on the web.

Our stats are an achievement, why should we remove that?

Just wanted to wish you guys good luck tomorrow! Hope everything works out well.

Same here, hopefully getting my iPod tomorrow too, Neowin Mobile! :p

Here's hoping you guys don't have any problems. I know you've done tests on a copy of the database, but its always different trying to do things on live / offline data.

Good luck guys :D

I hope that there would be a easier way to refresh the forums, right now I navigate to the Forum tab in the navigation menu. Or maybe I should just bookmark Neowin forums. Another question, is the forums going to be on forum.neowin.net of neowin.net/forum ?

Yeah, but if they did that, Neowin wouldn't look as "big", but I do agree in a purge though. :)

Looks to me like Neowin has dropped quite a bit in the Big Board rankings. Weren't we in the Top 100 at one time?

Looks to me like Neowin has dropped quite a bit in the Big Board rankings. Weren't we in the Top 100 at one time?

Nr 31. in the computer category.. Yeah we slipped a bit but we were never in the top 100 global listing.. I think at one point we were at 127.

I haven't even seen the new design.

I imagine I'm gonna be more blown away than most people. So needless to say, I can't wait.

Hope everything goes well for you guys! See you on the other side? (Y):D

I haven't even seen the new design.

I imagine I'm gonna be more blown away than most people. So needless to say, I can't wait.

Hope everything goes well for you guys! See you on the other side? (Y):D

Check around the announcement forum (this one) you will find it

Check around the announcement forum (this one) you will find it

You know what, at this point, its so close to the launch, I'm gonna wait and see the real thing :D:D:D

Just incase of Neowin.net implodes I LOVE YOU ALL!

^^ what he said.

Also Incoming n00bs to the IRC