[Official] God of War III

I requested today and tomorrow off. I can only play when my daugter's are asleep so that wont be until later this evening. Got the UE last night, had it preordered from my local gamestop. The wife and I are stoked gonna enjoy a couple glasses of absinthe and play some GoW!

its amazing. so far its all i expected. im at the part where

Kratos realizes Pandora's Box lays inside the flame of Olympus

Though its visually stunning, its hard for me to compare it to the likes of uncharted2. two competely different color palettes. they both seem to be on par with one another. EXCEPT for the dynamic shadows that gow3 holds. i absolutely love the lighting in gow3. best lighting to date since those of the splinter cell games.

on a different note, anyone else reserve it here at GameStop and have not gotten their Phantom of Chaos skin code emailed? It was supposed to be sent out on rls day.

its amazing. so far its all i expected. im at the part where

Kratos realizes Pandora's Box lays inside the flame of Olympus

Though its visually stunning, its hard for me to compare to the likes of uncharted2. two competely different color palette. they both seem to be on par with one another. EXCEPT for the dynamic shadows that gow3 holds. i absolutely love the lighting in gow3. best lighting to date since those of the splinter cell games.

on a different note, anyone else reserve it here at GameStop and have not gotten their Phantom of Chaos skin code emailed? It was supposed to be sent out on rls day.

Amazon had a similar deal with a code, not sure if it was the Phantom Of Chaos one or another one, and it did not work when I entered it. :o

So you are ahead of me I think,

I literally just got done with the part that was actually the demo.

And I hear you about hard to compare, I personally like Uncharted 2 visuals better just from a stylistic approach, but they are definitely on par. I do agree about the lighting though as well, absolutely brilliant.

For some reason I keep hitting R2 by accident when opening chests. Anyone else doing this?

Ummm, No. :laugh:

I believe I did keep telling you about the Real Triggers man, best $5 I have ever spent. Literally though for the cost I could not be happier, makes pseudo triggers for the DualShock controller, no mistaking what is what.

Gamestop also claims to have them now, although they did not when I got them. It says the store by you has them, do yourself a favor and pick them up on the way home from work tomorrow. They truly do make a difference, and could not be easier to snap on and off.

Amazon had a similar deal with a code, not sure if it was the Phantom Of Chaos one or another one, and it did not work when I entered it. :o

So you are ahead of me I think,

I literally just got done with the part that was actually the demo.

And I hear you about hard to compare, I personally like Uncharted 2 visuals better just from a stylistic approach, but they are definitely on par. I do agree about the lighting though as well, absolutely brilliant.

How to Use Your Apollo in-game skin Code:

Step 1: Go to http://www.godofwar.com/skins/

Step 2: Enter the code found above

Step 3: Enter your PSN ID and Password.

By the way, I know this is probably unlikely - but does anyone have a Dominus skin to share?

118146p2.jpg

How to Use Your Apollo in-game skin Code:

Step 1: Go to http://www.godofwar.com/skins/

Step 2: Enter the code found above

Step 3: Enter your PSN ID and Password.

By the way, I know this is probably unlikely - but does anyone have a Dominus skin to share?

Thanks, but that is the way I tried and it did not work. :iiam:

Thanks, but that is the way I tried and it did not work. :iiam:

they email you the code to enter on PSN when it becomes available (most likely tomorrow's PSN store update)

they email you the code to enter on PSN when it becomes available (most likely tomorrow's PSN store update)

Right I saw that, but I cannot even get past the first website part to tell them to email me a code, it says I have an invalid code.

post-34384-12688342773996_thumb.jpg

Basically the code in this email does not work for me when I go to that site and register it. Maybe it will work on Thursday when they update the PSN?

EDIT - Nevermind, I just tried it again this morning and now it works, I guess I was entering it to early. Thanks for the help all. (Y)

Ummm, No. :laugh:

I believe I did keep telling you about the Real Triggers man, best $5 I have ever spent. Literally though for the cost I could not be happier, makes pseudo triggers for the DualShock controller, no mistaking what is what.

Gamestop also claims to have them now, although they did not when I got them. It says the store by you has them, do yourself a favor and pick them up on the way home from work tomorrow. They truly do make a difference, and could not be easier to snap on and off.

What I meant was that in the original GOW, you had to mash R2 in order to open chests. Now R2 is the magic button. Therefore I keep mashing the magic button to open chests...ooof... :laugh:

Mine was just despatched. Will be here tomorrow. Now my dilemma is... do i stop FFXIII and go through GoW III in a couple of evenings or do i put it on the shelf with Yakuza to collect dust till i finish FFXIII?

Just seen a rumored Trophy List. One of the trophies was

Beat Titan Mode

- that will sort the men from the boys! ;)

*cough*

Yeah, UPS wouldn't leave it inside my front door, so they left it at the office yesterday, had to pick it up this morning, now have to have the box siting here teasing me until i get off work @ 5.

So is anyone remotely interested in the T-shirt that I got for free on launch day? lol.

Not unless you're mailing it to me.

What I meant was that in the original GOW, you had to mash R2 in order to open chests. Now R2 is the magic button. Therefore I keep mashing the magic button to open chests...ooof... :laugh:

You sure about that? I am almost 98% positive it has always been R1 to open chests...

You sure about that? I am almost 98% positive it has always been R1 to open chests...

I might check that tonight, as I will play 1 and 2 in preparation.