[Official] God of War III

I don't know though, it might be a one off or competition supplied PS3.

No info on it anywhere.

I would say maybe fan made, but I think it's possibly something Sony gave out to competition winners or in some promo run.

Darn, this game is looking good! How long away now?

16th America/19th UK

Usually don't get game guides, but I'm so tempted to get this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0744012007/ref=s9_newr_gw_tr02?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=1CTP0CSZ83NY06HBWPA1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939291&pf_rd_i=507846

God of War III Limited Edition Strategy Guide (Hardcover)

41S-qYZLxqL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Special Strategy Guide with Embossed Hardcover

This Ultimate Edition includes a special hardbound strategy guide complete with everything in our Signature Series guide, plus exclusive content not available anywhere else!

- 48-Page Concept Art Gallery

Filled with beautiful concept art straight from the development studio; this stunning, entirely new collection expands on the gorgeous art book included with the Ultimate Edition game.

- One of Four Exclusive, Numbered Lithographs. Each Ultimate Edition guide contains one of four limited-run concept art lithographs. This is your only chance to own one of these collectible images.

PLUS…

- Complete Walkthrough - Dominate Every Boss, Uncover Every Secret, Solve Every Puzzle!

- Exquisitely Illustrated Maps - Reveal Concealed Chests, Hidden Secrets, and More!

- Puzzle Options - We Offer Three Options for Each Puzzle: Minor Hints, Major Hints, and Step-By-Step Solutions! Use This Guide Your Way!

- Exhaustive Weapon and Magic Data - Comprehensive Damage and Magic Cost Coverage! Item-Specific Strategies!

- Godly Hoard- Collect All the Artifacts from the Olympian Gods Themselves!

And Much More!

- Challenges of Olympus

- Lore on the Immortals and their World

- Extensive Bestiary

- History of the Series

- Alternate Costumes

- All Trophies

Got my copy of GOW:C yesterday (thanks VG+!). Played it from 6PM to 4AM (with breaks in between). With about 5hr and 30mins on the clock (officially) and I am currently doing the bit around The Cliffs of Madness (Y)

Hopefully I'll complete #1 and #2 before #3 arrives.

PS, I'm posting in here, because I can't find "what are you currentl playing thread?"

So prvjoker (the guy who received his copy earlier) has just posted his thoughts on the game...

There are no spoilers (imo), so feel free to read it...

ok finally completed the game, took about 11hrs in all. I took my time and tried to find all the chests etc and stared at the scenery a LOT lol. Couple of things i noticed:

• It's possible to max out all weapons in one playthrough.
  • Much easier to find secrets/chests in this game as I managed to find everything in this first run.
  • Only one costume is unlocked on completion; the Fear Kratos costume which allows for quadruple damage BUT enemies also do quadruple damage. However it comes with a huge caveat - trophies are disabled with this costume.
  • Chaos difficulty is also unlocked (one above titan and is marked very hard).
  • The olympus challenge is unlocked and needs to be completed before you enter the arena.
  • There are 3 new weapons for kratos, hades claws, nemesis lash & the cestus gauntlets. Nemesis lash does electric damage and allows for enormous combos. The hades claws releases pets/souls to attack your enemies and is similar to the default weapon but with less area of effect damage. The guantlets are really useful and do have extended range once you upgrade. They are also essential for defeating certain types of enemies.
  • Kratos gets a new set of boots allowing for speed dashing and dodging, this was the single biggest change to the gameplay imo as it now becomes much easier to evade blows since you can also now dash in the air.
  • The game is incredibly gory and the demo has nothing on what occurs in this game, some of the executions of the Gods are gonna make you cringe. In one sequence you are punching someones face and the screen becomes covered in blood and you can continue punching until the screen is totally covered in blood and there is no end to it..I had to stop spamming circle out of exhaustion lol after about 5mins.
  • Stick around at the end of the credits for a final scene (don't know if this scene would have played anyway if I skipped the credits and I didn't want to try and find out lol)
  • The game surpasses GoW2 in every way, it's ****in awesome sauce but you knew that already.

Without spoiling it for anyone, I thought the ending was very fitting and although I don't think the last 30 minutes is as epic as the first, Zeus was a pain in the arse lol.

i've decided against photos as i don't want ruin things but I have a save point at virtually every checkpoint if people want to see things.

The Good

Beautiful graphics

Huge scale

Amazing boss fights

Satisfying weapons

References the past games for a sense of history and purpose

Classic gameplay remains fun

Rip Torn's vocal performance

The Bad

The voice acting fits the genre, but can be a little overdone at times

After you beat the single-player game, there's not much left to do

The game can feel a little too familiar in places

Kevin Sorbo as Hercules? Really?

The ending is going to have people talking, but that could just as easily go under "The Good"

The Ugly

Walking in on someone playing the new sex mini-game... you may find this one in your kid's top drawer, if you know what I mean

Verdict: Buy

Ars review (the ending...)

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2010/03/god-of-war-3-review-this-is-the-way-it-ends.ars

kevin sorbo is in this game... LOL that's epic

excerpt about the violence..

This is as hard as M-ratings get

The game is rated Mature, meaning it's aimed at gamers above the age of 17, and the back of the box lists the expected warnings about nudity and graphic violence. Still, those are just words on the back of a box on a store shelf. Sure, the game is violent, but how bad can it be?

If violence makes you queasy, or if you're a parent, be advised: this game is out there.

The camera doesn't blink when Kratos does his terrible things, and early in the game you'll watch a brutal beating in first person, getting a feel for what it's like to be bashed to death by someone's bare hands. The sequence ends... well, you know if you read our previous coverage. If you're trying to avoid spoilers, I'll leave it out of the review.

In another scene Kratos simply slams a new weapon into someone's head until it (the head, that is) looks like raw hamburger. The scene is simple, almost matter-of-fact: you're just watching someone get murdered. This is one of the rare games with sequences where I was tempted to turn away.

In other scenes, the game does a good job of having the player act out the process of slicing limbs off characters or forcibly removing their heads, leaving bloody stumps and viscera pooling on the ground. You're not just watching this; you're taking part in it. The new quick-time event system that puts the button prompt on the side of the screen makes it easier to follow the action... but you may not want to.

And this isn't even discussing the sexual content. We've passed the point where naked breasts in a game are shocking. God of War 3 doesn't shy away from nudity, and the sexual minigame included in this title... well, it goes a little further than we're used to from the past two games. There are M ratings, and then there are M ratings.

Even if you let your children play other Mature-rated games, this may be one you want to sit down and play with them, or wait a few years.

I talked with some friends about the level of violence in the game, and they agreed that the only issue here is that video gaming is a visual medium. The mythology of every culture is filled with violence and sex—you don't have to look past the Bible or Greek myth to find some pretty scary stuff. But in God of War, you aren't reading about these things, you're seeing them. In fact, the game goes out of its way to make it feel like you are doing them to your victims.

The goal of all this violence? It's not "saving the world for democracy" or rescuing a fair maiden or a lost child; it's sheer vengeful nihilism. While this attitude fits the setting and is there to tell a very specific story, it will turn off some gamers. Let that be a warning... or possibly an invitation.

So prvjoker (the guy who received his copy earlier) has just posted his thoughts on the game...

There are no spoilers (imo), so feel free to read it...

Um, the two excepts about the weapons certainly are spoilers. So thanks for that.

Getting all giddy the closer the EU release date gets. Just started GOWII today, should be complete (easily) by the time GOWIII drops through the door!! :yes:

for an industry that makes more money than movies, I'm surprised about the relatively "low budget" for such a huge blockbuster

GT5 is only at 60 million for 5 years of development.

I think anything 1st party is going to cost less, GTA4 hit something like 100 million it was rumoured, but that was a huge multiplatform title.

Ya know.. it'd be really, really nice if Sony re-released God of War, God of War 2 for the PS3 as some of us don't have PS2s.. and have never played them.. :huh:

IE: Box set.. :yes:

:blink:.

hug.gifglomp.gif.

Seriously.

I am picking that up next check.

Work fast mate. GOWI is about 7-8 hours long, and GOWII is about 9-10 hours long.

GOWIII gets released on the 16th down your end. Have to wait till 19th here :(

Recently completed 'Challenge of the Gods' (much harder than the 'Challenge of the Titans') on GOWI. I'm so proud of myself :D :happy:

Holy crap, I just realised. The 19th is NEXT FRIDAY!!! OH MY GOD!! It is nearly here!!! :wub:

Edit* Muppet here, got my dates mixed up!

Is the demo worth giving a try, being old code and all?

I never played God of War in my life but it looks to be one of those games, that will satisfy my violent tendencies :laugh:

Work fast mate. GOWI is about 7-8 hours long, and GOWII is about 9-10 hours long.

GOWIII gets released on the 19th down your end. Have to wait till 19th here :(

Recently completed 'Challenge of the Gods' (much harder than the 'Challenge of the Titans') on GOWI. I'm so proud of myself :D :happy:

Holy crap, I just realised. The 16th is NEXT FRIDAY!!! OH MY GOD!! It is nearly here!!! :wub:

Check is Friday.

If I don't get to GoW3, until late, I'll be okay.

I usually take my time through games.. I might even play GoW 1 & 2 on my UStream Channel live as a Blind Run so everyone can enjoy it with me.. :) :laugh:

Is the demo worth giving a try, being old code and all?

I never played God of War in my life but it looks to be one of those games, that will satisfy my violent tendencies :laugh:

Pffffttt, never played any of the GOW games? You can't call yourself a true gamer until you have stabbed a minotaur in the throat with your blades. Or brutally rip off the wings of a harpy.

I usually take my time through games.. I might even play GoW 1 & 2 on my UStream Channel live as a Blind Run so everyone can enjoy it with me.. :) :laugh:

Well I didn't realise until, I popped the game in. But I am a trophy ######. One of the trophies is to complete the game in under 5 hours (easily done with dairy costume).