2010 Summer Football Transfers

First Confirmed Transfer!

9s7Z0.jpg

Standard Liege forward Milan Jovanovic will join Liverpool on a free transfer in the summer, the Belgian club have confirmed to BBC Sport.

The 28-year-old had been linked with AC Milan, Juventus and Valencia.

But he told Belgian newspaper Sporza: "We have reached an agreement for three years, with the option to extend with another season.

"I opted to sign for Liverpool because they're one of the biggest teams in Europe - definitely in the top 10."

Jovanovic joined Standard in 2006 and helped them win back-to-back titles in 2007-08 and 2008-09, while he has scored 12 goals in 23 games to date this season.

The striker, who rejected a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid last year fearing he would not be a regular first-team choice, added: "I'm absolutely delighted that the deal is completed.

"From now on, I can focus on Standard Liege again. I want to leave the club in a good way."

Jovanovic, who has also played for Shakhtar Donetsk and Lokomotiv Moscow, made his international debut for Serbia in a 2-0 win over Finland in June 2007.

Source

98Oi3.jpg

Arsenal, Liverpool & Tottenham talk to Marouane Chamakh

Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh revealed he has held talks with three Premier League clubs but denied signing a pre-contract agreement with Arsenal.

The 26-year-old Moroccan, available on a free transfer in the summer, admitted he had been in contact with the Gunners, Liverpool and Tottenham.

"Some said I have signed for Arsenal. I deny it categorically," he said.

"It's true there are contacts with English clubs, including Arsenal, but I deny there's a deal."

Chamakh, whose contract with the French champions expires in June, added: "The more it goes, the less I see myself playing for Bordeaux next season."

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez admitted on Tuesday that he is unlikely to sign Chamakh, stating: "I do not think we will sign him - but I will not say any more."

Chamakh has long been linked with Arsenal, who host Liverpool in the Premier League on Wednesday, but Gunners boss Arsene Wenger refused to be drawn on potential signings.

"We are talking to nobody," said the Frenchman. "We are focusing on the game against Liverpool.

"I believe he talks to many clubs, which he is entitled to do. Chamakh is free to sign a pre-contract, he is free to sign where he wants, but I cannot interfere in that."

The striker has scored nine goals for Bordeaux this season in 25 starts in France's Ligue 1 and the Champions League.

Source

I found some rumours where they were from NOTW or Star or Sun.. so I tht its best not to post them.. rolleyes.gif

Like Benzema coming to United the next season he signed for Madrid.. yeah.. right..

yeah I saw those as well, interesting but probably false :laugh:

Ajax star Luis Suarez (who is really rather good) is eyeing a move to the Premier League and, after snubbing interest from Manchester City and Chelsea, would be happy to join either Arsenal or Man United should the pair be willing to match his £30 million valuation.

That is quite a lot.. no way Wenger would spend that much on him..

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has apparently 'stepped up' his interest in recruiting Fiorentina's flying wingback Juan Manuel Vargas.

The prospective summer arrival of the Peruvian international at Eastlands could signal the end of Wayne Bridge's City career – but a move to West Ham may see the England man find a new home sooner rather than later.

Bridge to West Ham? What do you say to that Rappy?

Arsenal are on alert as Lazio striker Mauro Zarate has threatened to 'walk out of the club'.

Zarate rumour is back again.. but its the same.. Wenger won't spend that kind of money.. if I rem correctly, his agent said he was worth £35M..

More rumours here..

Manchester City On High Alert As Thierry Henry Heads For Barcelona Exit - Report

Manchester City are reportedly interested in signing Barcelona striker Thierry Henry, who will be transfer listed by the Spanish champions in the summer, according to the Sunday Mirror.

The tabloid claims that the former Arsenal hot-shot is no longer part of Pep Guardiola?s plans at the Camp Nou, despite having a contract with the club until 2011.

Henry will therefore be ushered towards the exit door at the end of the season, the report continues, with several clubs expected to join the queue for his signature.

Manchester City have previously been linked with a move for the Frenchman, although Henry has never hidden his strong affinity to his former club Arsenal, and it remains to be seen whether he would be willing to play for another Premier League team.

However, should he move to Eastlands there will be no shortage of familiar faces, with former Gunners Emmanuel Adebayor, Kolo Toure, Sylvinho and Patrick Vieira all having joined the Citizens.

---

Chelsea Close To Sealing ?36 Million Deal For Benfica?s Angel Di Maria - Report

Chelsea are reportedly on the verge of sealing a ?36 million deal for Benfica forward Angel di Maria, according to the News of the World.

The tabloid claims that Carlo Ancelotti?s men sent former chief executive Peter Kenyon, who left the club at the end of last year but is close to the player?s agent Jorge Mendes, to Lisbon last week for negotiations.

The highly-rated Argentine has been linked with a number of clubs this season, including Spainish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona, but Chelsea may have won the race for the 22-year-old's signature.

Indeed the report quotes a Benfica source as admitting: ?Chelsea are very keen on a deal now before taking him [Angel di Maria] to London in the summer. He seems to be a top priority.?

The player himself, who joined Benfica in 2007, has previously been quoted as saying: ?I'll stay a year [at Benfica] and then go to Chelsea".

Di Maria was in action in the Europa League in midweek, bagging a goal in only the fourth minute for the Portuguese side in their 1-1 draw away to Hertha Berlin.

realmad.gif God d*** you Man Shi**y!!! What do they want an ex-Gooners convention up there?

I doubt he will go, he scored last night. I think he still has alot to offer Barca (probably his hands :laugh: )

• 1 month later...

1080844616.png

Tottenham are set to completed a deal for Internacional midfielder Sandro.

A statement on Internacional's website said an agreement was in place for the Brazil international to move for the start of next season.

And the 21-year-old will have a medical this week before returning to Brazil for the end of the domestic season.

"Hopefully it will get done now and it will be a good signing," Spurs manager Harry Redknapp said. "He is an outstanding young player."

Redknapp, who first tried to sign the defensive midfielder last summer, added: "The chairman has been dealing with it. I got a phone call this morning from the chairman saying that he thought we were close to doing it.

"He is strong. He looks a very, very good player so I am looking forward to getting him here."

However, any deal would require special dispensation to apply for a work permit because the player has yet to establish himself in his national team, his sole cap coming in a World Cup qualifier against Chile in September 2009.

Source

Tottenham have confirmed the signing of Internacional midfielder Sandro.

The club announced that a deal had been agreed for the 21-year-old Brazil international earlier in the week, subject to a medical.

Sandro has now passed a medical with Tottenham and the signing was completed on Friday, with Spurs believed to be paying a ?6million fee.

The defensive midfielder will join up with the Tottenham squad this summer, after the conclusion of Internacional's Copa Libertadores campaign.

Sandro made eight appearances for Brazil's Under-20s and has so far played once for the senior side, coming on as a substitute in their World Cup qualifier against Chile last September.

Source

Arsenal have secured first option on West Ham striker Carlton Cole, according to reports in the Sunday press.

West Ham's Carlton Cole could be on his way to Arsenal in the summer

Saturday's home defeat by Stoke plunged the Hammers into deep relegation trouble and if they do drop down to the Championship, a string of their players would have to be sold.

Arsenal are said to have registered their interest in Cole during the January transfer window, and are keen to step up their pursuit at the end of the season.

Cole would attract a price of around ?10 million it is believed. Arsenal are also mulling a bid for long-standing target Maroune Chamakh but doubts over the Bordeaux striker's switch have emerged.

Cole signed a five-year deal at Upton Park 18 months ago but the 26-year-old would be one of the club's most valuable assets if they slipped into the second tier.

He has scored nine goals in 18 starts in the league after another injury-hit campaign, but his last goal came in the 3-0 home win over Hull back in February.

Source

Chamakh drops Gunners hint

Bordeaux's out of contract star Marouane Chamakh has hinted he will be playing for Premier League giants Arsenal next season.

The Gunners were heavily linked with the France-born Morocco international last summer only for les Girondins to dig in their heels.

They refused to do business and will now pay a heavy price should the 26-year-old leave on a free transfer this summer.

Arsenal and Liverpool have been linked with the talented striker and he concedes he is finding it difficult to ignore the prospect of playing for Arsene Wenger's side.

However, Chamakh knows Bordeaux have a crucial end of the season ahead with a UEFA Champions League quarter-final against Lyon next in their fixture list, while the club are also locked in a keenly-contest battle for the Ligue 1 title.

"Do I already have Arsenal on my mind? A little, but our end of the season is so important that I can't plan for life after Bordeaux," he told L'Equipe.

"I took a risk by not prolonging my contract because I could get injured at any moment. It's the first time I'll be a free agent.

"If I extended including a transfer clause, everyone could take advantage of it. But the situation is much more complex. I take my choice."

Source

There are rumors saying that Benzema will be on loan at Manchester United next season. I say yes please.

would be a wise move (Y) to many players at Madrid vying for places but you just know Madrid will probably pounce for Villa in the summer

And Lassana Diara will probably be pushed out of the club. It's Makelele all over again, and we all know how it went the first time.

javierhernandezfestejas.jpg

Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign striker Javier Hernandez from Mexican side Chivas de Guadalajara for an undisclosed fee.

The deal for the 21-year-old, who has scored four goals in four senior international appearances for Mexico, is subject to a work permit.

Personal terms have been agreed and Hernandez passed a medical this week.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I am delighted to have reached a deal to sign such an exciting young striker."

He added: "He has been in prolific form for both his club and his country. He will be a great addition to our squad and we look forward to welcoming our first Mexican player in the summer.

The club will submit their work application for Hernandez shortly, with a view to him becoming a United player on 1 July, 2010.

And should Hernandez, as expected, make Mexico's World Cup squad, United fans could be given their first glimpse of his talents when England face Mexico at Wembley in a friendly on 24 May.

As part of the deal, United have agreed to play a match to open the new 45,000 capacity Chivas Stadium in Guadalajara as part of its 2010-11 season preparations.

Hernandez is United's second capture for next season having reached agreement to sign defender Chris Smalling from Fulham in January.

Can't really say anything except wait and see. A young boy going from a mexican club to Manchester United is a very huge step, hope he can make it.