2010 Summer Football Transfers

This is a big decision by Wenger.. a huge gamble.. if Almunia slips up and it costs us another season its not only his backside on the line.. I think fans will ask for Wenger to step down too.. many already are..

Sunderland have broken their transfer record with the ?13million signing of Ghana international striker Asamoah Gyan from Rennes on a four-year.

Best summer signing by any Premiership team

Tottenham have reached an agreement to sign Real Madrid midfielder Rafael Van der Vaart for ?8m.

Spurs moved to sign the 27-year-old Netherlands international two hours before the transfer window closed at 1800 BST on Tuesday.

The Premier League had been looking into whether the deal was done in time, with Real adding they had met all the deadline requirements.

However, Spurs were given the all-clear by the Premier League on Wednesday.

Van der Vaart helped his country reach the final of the 2010 World Cup and made his reputation as a playmaker at Ajax before switching to German side Hamburg.

359928946.jpg

Miyaichi, 17, is one of the hottest properties in Asia, and is said to have attracted interest from across Europe.

However, the Gunners appear to have beaten off competition from several of the continent's biggest clubs - including AC Milan and Dutch giants Ajax - for the young striker's signature.

Miyaichi, who is currently studying at Chukyo University in Japan, said: "Mr Wenger told me that Arsenal is my home and I that should learn some English and come back soon.

"It was difficult to choose between Arsenal and Ajax, but Arsenal wanted me the most."

According to the most recent reports, Miyaichi has agreed terms on a five-year contract and will join the Emirates Stadium academy at some point in 2011.

Depending on how he adjusts to life in England, the teenager is expected to push for a place in the Gunners' Carling Cup side during the 2011/12 campaign.

Source

Aston Villa set to appoint Gerard Houllier as new boss.

Former Liverpool and Lyon boss Gerard Houllier is set to be appointed as Aston Villa's new manager on Wednesday, BBC Sport understands.

The 63-year-old was interviewed for the job, along with caretaker boss Kevin MacDonald and former Charlton and West Ham boss Alan Curbishley, last week.

[More Info]

I think I'm OK with this. Definitely better than Bob Bradley, though at 63 you do wonder how long he'd be at the club.