2010 Summer Football Transfers

A swoop between Anderson and Angel Di Maria? I say no sir! Anderson has a tremendous potential, and Angel Di Maria plays in a position we already have too many players.

source

Reports on Skysports and some other sites stating Barca are close to David Villa and Cesc cry.gif

Next 48 hours will be crucial as Cesc makes up his mind and Wenger is overseas so cant talk to him..

Reports on Skysports and some other sites stating Barca are close to David Villa and Cesc cry.gif

Next 48 hours will be crucial as Cesc makes up his mind and Wenger is overseas so cant talk to him..

would end the first big rumour of the summer!

drogba's a ****

Premier League - Paper Round: Torres for Barca?

The departure of Fernando Torres from Liverpool seems to be this summer's Cristiano Ronaldo saga, and despite Chelsea making the early running for his signature it now seems that Barcelona will put a £50 million spanner in the works.

The Sun reports that Barca have been left unimpressed by last summer's big-money signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and will sell the Swedish striker to help fund a move for Torres.

The sweetener for the striker is supposedly the chance to link up with fellow Spain forward David Villa, who is on the verge of a move to the Catalan giants for £35m from cash-strapped Valencia.

Add that to the news that Barca are to make an official approach to Arsenal for Cesc Fabregas this week, and two things become clear: first, the Camp Nou gift shop had better ensure it's got plenty of replica shirts in stock; and second, with a holy trinity like that joining, every other football team in Europe might as well pack up and go home.

And as for Ibrahimovic? He will head for Real Madrid and link up with his old boss Jose Mourinho once he makes the move to Spain.

Manchester City are set to make a £20m move for Benfica's Brazilian defender David Luiz, with Roberto Mancini seeing him as a next-best option after Nemanja Vidic. The Serb is interested in a move, but won't move to a Premier League rival.

Thierry Henry was reported to have signed a pre-contract deal to join the New York Red Bulls, but it seems the Frenchman has his eye on one last season in proper football. The Sun claims he is weighing up four other deals - two from Premier League clubs - and will make up his mind after the World Cup.

There has been plenty of speculation about where Manchester United's flop forward Dimitar Berbatov will end up, but the Bulgarian tells this morning's Daily Star that he is determined to stay.

"My goal is to remain with United, the best team in the world," he said, ignoring the fact that United are in fact only the second-best team in England. "By joining Manchester United I have achieved everything I wanted."

The Daily Mirror and Daily Mail report that Avram Grant's long-rumoured move to take over as manager of West Ham will be completed today after he came to the conclusion that he had to leave Portsmouth. Also moving to West Ham is 30-year-old Frenchman Sidney Govou, who is out of contract at Lyon.

Portsmouth might be losing their manager, but they might be keeping one other key man: the club have offered David James the chance to carry on playing - but only if the England goalkeeper takes a pay-cut of £2 million. James is Pompey's top earner on £50,000 a week; the administrator will keep him on if he agrees to see that slashed to £10,000.

Birmingham have upped their offer for Wigan's Charles N'Zogbia to £8m, according to the Daily Mail.

And finally, the front page of The Sun this morning claims that David Beckham has "backed" the newspaper's campaign to save England's 2018 World Cup bid.

A campaign, you say? So what will that involve? Using their network of reporters to find out the lie of the land? Lobbying FIFA members behind the scenes? Recruiting psychologists to prove that Lord Triesman was only joking?

Nope: it appears to consist of putting a picture of an English flag on the front page and printing a small petition voucher that they urge you to fill out and return so the paper can pass the petition on to FIFA.

No doubt Sepp Blatter and co will be enormously swayed. Particularly by the little tick box sneakily included that will allow the paper to inundate you with junk mail...

back off! get your own striker!!!!

:o I don't this they are going for Torres as they are very close to Villa according to latest reports can even happen before the WC!! If they are also going after Torres ill be very surprised as they already have Messi, Ibra and Henry.. I won't mind Eduardo leaving if Henry comes backs :p but I hope Cesc doesn't go this year.. sad.gif

Henry was close to signing for New York Red Bulls though I doubt that will happen he's still a good striker who could get into most Prem squads.

:o I don't this they are going for Torres as they are very close to Villa according to latest reports can even happen before the WC!! If they are also going after Torres ill be very surprised as they already have Messi, Ibra and Henry.. I won't mind Eduardo leaving if Henry comes backs :p but I hope Cesc doesn't go this year.. sad.gif

i doubt henry is staying in barca...

drogba's a ****

DD is not the most popular footballer and there are enough reasons for someone to dislike him but do you actually believe this sh*t?

Last week I saw an article claiming that Drogba would love Torres to join Chelsea.

DD is not the most popular footballer and there are enough reasons for someone to dislike him but do you actually believe this sh*t?

who wouldn't want to play with Torres up front!

Last week I saw an article claiming that Drogba would love Torres to join Chelsea.

whenever anyone around here (canada) talks smalk about football and i try to defend then they bring up drogba, i lose the argument. he's an embarrassment to the game the way he plays. reason people think football is a bitch sport is because of people like him and they are right, because of people like drogba, football is a bitch sport.

Henry to NYC.

Fabregas and Villa to Barcelona. (Ibrahimovic to ...?)

Torres to Chelsea. (this one I'm not so sure yet)

Henry to NYC.

Fabregas and Villa to Barcelona. (Ibrahimovic to ...?)

Torres to Chelsea. (this one I'm not so sure yet)

bite your tongue!

If Torres goes to another EPL club IMO it would be ManCity,if we are to sign an expensive striker Aguero is the one.

I'm still not convinced that Fabregas will go to Barcelona this year.

Barcelona are considering making a move for Cesc Fabregas after the Arsenal captain's admission that he would like to return to the Catalan giants.

Last week Fabregas, 23, who joined the Gunners from Barca in 2003, said he would only leave Arsenal for Barcelona.

Barca president Joan Laporta said: "It is remarkable the player has said that. If we believe we must make an effort, we will and we will talk to Arsenal."

Meanwhile, Barcelona are close to signing Valencia striker David Villa.

The Spanish international is holding talks with the La Liga champions and Laporta said: "We are in the negotiating process and everything is going in the right direction.

"We hope it is resolved soon. We have set a specific date and will do what is best for the club."

Laporta's reign as the Catalan club's president comes to an end this summer and two of his potential successors, Sandro Rosell and Alfons Godall, have mentioned signing Fabregas as part of their election campaign.

The midfielder played alongside current Barca favourite Lionel Messi in the youth team at the Nou Camp before moving to north London seven years ago.

And speculation over his return to Spain intensified when Fabregas, in answer to the question "if you leave Arsenal, will it be for Barcelona?", replied "yes".

"You see your Spanish team-mates succeeding here at Barcelona and it is exciting because you have worked alongside them for so long," he added.

"I think I would like to go to Barcelona, whether or not they want me is another thing."

However, Fabregas, who signed an eight-year contract with the Gunners in 2006, added: "I don't know when it will happen. I am happy at Arsenal and I am not in a rush to leave.

"Before I leave for the World Cup I want my future sorted out because it benefits nobody if I go into the tournament with something else on my mind."

Barcelona vice-president Rafael Yuste told Catalonian radio station Ona FM on Monday: "Negotiations are progressing well especially in the case of Villa.

"The situation with Cesc is different because even if you have the will of the player it is very important to talk to his club and, if you can, find an agreement.

"But what makes it easier is that the players want to come to Barca."

I think Arsenal are looking for 32,000,000-37,000,000 euros' and Ya Ya Toure.

I have supported Arsenal for 33 years, I will always say. 'if he wishes to leave then let him go but, make sure we (Arsenal FC) get the better deal'.

It was the same with Henry, we should have sold him two years before we did and we would have got ?30,000,000 more.

Well Fabregas has been good for us and we have been good for him, I wish him all the best for the rest of his career and life.

I think Arsenal are looking for 32,000,000-37,000,000 euros' and Ya Ya Toure.

I have supported Arsenal for 33 years, I will always say. 'if he wishes to leave then let him go but, make sure we (Arsenal FC) get the better deal'.

It was the same with Henry, we should have sold him two years before we did and we would have got ?30,000,000 more.

Well Fabregas has been good for us and we have been good for him, I wish him all the best for the rest of his career and life.

Cesc is worth ?49M-?50M.. if we sell him we better make sure of this like Utd made a profit off Ronaldo..

Cesc is worth £49M-£50M.. if we sell him we better make sure of this like Utd made a profit off Ronaldo..

if you get £32m plus Yaya then that doesn't sound fair Yaya is probably worth about £12m

if you get £32m plus Yaya then that doesn't sound fair Yaya is probably worth about £12m

Yaya is £16.2 according to them :p

EDIT: Also read that AW wants to sign Lloris as Almunia's replacement (it abt efing time!!) I'd rather get Akinfeev.. Lloris is risky as he is going to the WC.. if he performs well.. his pricetag will sky-rocket.. if he doesn't (less likely) he will be cheaper after the WC.. it's worth waiting for and not.. wacko.gif

Shaktar's keeper Andriy Pyatov is also linked to us blink.gif never heard of him..

Yoann Gourcuff now being linked as Cesc replacement to us.. I don't like the sound of this.. hope Cesc doesn't leave..

EDIT:

Cesc Fábregas says adiós to Arsenal and asks for move to Barcelona

• Arsène Wenger to hold talks with 23-year-old this week

• Arsenal want £40m, Barça see it as a £30m deal

Source

I hope we don't sell him on the cheap if it comes down to that.. nothing under £35M should be acceptable.. broken_heart.gif

Some sources claiming Barca have put Yaya or Ibra on the table in exchange for Cesc + money..

Real Madrid will sack coach Manuel Pellegrini at a board meeting on Wednesday evening, according to Spanish-daily Marca.

The report suggests that president Florentino Perez has considered the season as a failure after spending ?250 million last summer, only to end the campaign with no silverware.

After the humiliating 4-0 defeat at the hands of Alcorcon, coupled with the Champions League exit to Lyon, and two losses to Barcelona, Perez and Jorge Valdano are said to have lost faith in Pellegrini.

On Wednesday, the Bernabeu hierarchy will meet to discuss the fate of the Chilean coach, as well as assess the performance of each player and the coaching staff as a whole.

It is widely believed that the sacking will be announced shortly after the meeting. Los Blancos will compensate Pellegrini with a sum in the region of ?4 million, the report states.

Inter coach Jose Mourinho is widely expected to take Pellegrini's place at the Bernabeu hot seat for next season, while Perez is also believed to be interested in Liverpool tactician Rafa Benetiz and England manager Fabio Capello.

How can we miss this today?

It's everywhere!! :o

Is there a goalkeeper in world football that Arsenalmag-glass_10x10.gif haven't been linked with in recent weeks? David James, fortunately, but then who needs Calamity when you've already got Lukasz 'the Fumbler' Fabianski? As the Gunners search for a goalie two more names have been thrown up as possible contenders - Bologna's Emiliano Viviano and Liverpool's Pepe Reina.

The 24-year-old Viviano has been outstanding between the sticks this season for struggling Bologna in Serie A, who got the player from Inter Milan last year. And now according to Italian daily Tuttosport the Gunners want to bring the 6ft 4in goalkeeper to the Emirates. The papers describes Viviano as one of Italy's most promising goalkeepers and says he's something of a natural when it comes to saving penalties.

But it seems that Arsenal (who today will confirm the signing of striker Marouane Chamakh from Bordeaux) are only interested in Viviano because they've been knocked back by Liverpool in their bid to sign Pepe Reina. The BBC says that the Reds have rejected an offer of around £14m for the Spanish keeper, just voted Liverpool's Player of the Season by the fans, though admittedly the competition wasn't stiff. Apparently Liverpool won't entertain offers of any price for Reina because he is categorically not for sale, though with the Reds in a spot of financial strife right now Arsenal might soon discover that every man has his price.

Good news for Gunners.. AW is finally looking for a top keeper.. bad news.. he tht Reina who just signed a new deal at 'Pool would join us.. :ermm: