[OFFICIAL] Fable 3 Details & Discussions

I want the collectors edition, but not sure I want to drop the funds on it. I might put that extra money towards GT5 collectors.

Just pre-orded, but need to figure my cash nearer the time...

Started playing the 2nd one again, this time as an evil female.......Not long into it but I have found out not to up the stats to far or she becomes a man in drag. Hope this is sorted for III :)

No Pub Games for Fable 3. But Peter has something else planned.

My link

In 2008, Fable 2 had a unique pre-launch promotion in the form of Fable 2 Pub Games, an Xbox Live Arcade collection of three gambling minigames. The money earned from the XBLA game (and for cheaters, it was an awful lot of money) could then be transferred into the action RPG and fund further in-game gambling. Pub Games won't return for the release of Fable 3, but there is some kind of new tie-in that Lionhead plans to reveal in "early October" -- a few weeks ahead of the game's October 26 launch.

In an interview with Joystiq today at Gamescom, Microsoft's Peter Molyneux wouldn't get into details about the project, but did seem to fiddle with his mobile phone as he said, "It's more to do with this sort of thing." Molyneux previously teased another Fable 3 tie-in back in February, but that turned out to be theplayer-created NPCs. This appears to be something different.

The designer had some colorful commentary on Pub Games, describing the infamous exploit as a "disaster." After finding out that unscrupulous individuals could start the game with millions in gold, Lionhead had tried to pull Fable 2 out of certification in order to make the word "cheat" float over their head of anyone that left Pub Games a little too rich. He concluded jovially, "That's not going to f*cking happen inFable 3!"

can't wait for this one to come out, loved Fable 2, never played the first...this one looks like it will be just as pleasant as 2 was, if not more so.

Lionhead working 10 times faster on Fable 3

Lionhead has told Eurogamer that work on Fable III is rocketing along at 10-times the pace of Fable II.In an interview published today, art director John McCormack said having a working engine - albeit one Lionhead wasn't "entirely happy" with by Fable II launch - enabled the team to focus on polish and squeezing the technology that "little bit further".

"[Fable III is] definitely bigger than Fable II by a long way," said McCormack, "but it's bigger in breadth as well. We've got a lot more variation in this one.

"We never had an engine before. Now, with the engine, iteration is faster. We're working at 10-times the speed we ever did on Fable II.

"The framework was there," he added, "and it's the polish now. For us, it's as if they'd started switching things on in Fable III. They'd go, 'Click, there's your specular!' And we'd go, 'Oh look, everything's shiny!' 'Click, there's your normal maps... Ohh!'"

"Working in the dark" with the built-from-scratch Fable II engine, McCormack revealed, was "really scary".

"We'd build things without knowing how it all hangs together - then suddenly the lights are all switched on and you just pray it's not horrible! You'd think, please be like what it was in my head, oh please," he said.

In comparison, then, Fable III development has been relatively "relaxed", thanks to a strong theme and ready-trained team. "We were all raring to go," recalled McCormack.

"That doesn't stop the fact that it was an RPG being developed in, essentially, two years.

Fable III will be released for Xbox 360 on 26th October. A PC version will follow. We played the latest Fable III build this week.

My link

Apparently it takes from anywhere between 15 and 40 hours to complete. So I guess the 40hr mark is including all the side quests and maxing things out.

Definitely a lot more content for your money's worth though.

fable32.jpg

Molyneux: Fable III auction system no more

August 22nd, 2010 @ 14:35

By Joe Anderson

Peter Molyneux has revealed Lionhead has dropped the weapon auction system from Fable 3.

Molyneux first showed the feature at the games launch, which allowed for weapons to evolve dependant on use and your gamerscore before being traded online via auction.

It seems though the auction system was too much work, with Molyneux telling OXM: ?The burden of running this online auction server became a burden too many.?

Molyneux said even though the evolution of weapons will still remain, Lionhead sacrificed the auctions to concentrate on other areas of the game.

?It was on our list of features to do, but we had the choice of doing the main co-op right, and balancing the game, or we could do the trading house. And we decided to do the co-op.?

According to the magazine, you can still trade weapons, thuogh this will have to be done one on one via your friends list.

Fable III will hit the market on October 26 in the US and October 29 in the UK.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/08/22/molyneux-fable-iii-auction-system-no-more/

I had to cancel my pre-order for this :cry: but that is only because of cash flow issues and GT5 is on top of my list :woot:

But I will be picking this up, as soon as I can afford it....or it will be a xmas pressie from someone :pinch:

Probably a good idea, if not for the reasons Molyneux said. I really doubt this wouldv'e seen much use. I mean the whole point of an RPG is to evolve YOUR character. Why would you buy someone else's weapon?

The same reason people buy from ingame auction house's on other games. They cba to upgrade the weapon themsleves.. :)

Probably a good idea, if not for the reasons Molyneux said. I really doubt this wouldv'e seen much use. I mean the whole point of an RPG is to evolve YOUR character. Why would you buy someone else's weapon?

same reason why people bought stuff for WoW/Everquest/etc via ebay. I agree it seems to defeat the purpose of RPGs but hey... some people can do anything for themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Fable 3 preview: a reason to believe

fable-3-preview-090310-2.jpg

Albion has entered its industrial age.

Not that I need the helpful, disembodied voice to tell me that in Fable 3's opening, of course. The change is evident in how the once colorful landscape seems to be covered in soot. It's clear from a single glance at the sorrowful, broken eyes of a townsperson worked to the bone.

"The Fable team hasn't changed very much, it's generally the same people and because that's the case, for us, there's a love there for the world, and there's a love there for the characters," design director Josh Atkins tells me. "We can't afford, emotionally, to be complacent."

It's a little ironic that it was the team's commitment to do right by Fable 3, to not play it safe, that forced them to make Albion such an unfortunate place in which to live.

Full story at link: My link

• 2 weeks later...

Get ready ladies...she's fixin' to ship!

fable-iii.jpg

Fable III enters ?shipping phase? of development

Lionhead Studios? third installment in the adored Fable franchise isn?t due out until October 26 (and sometime later for PC), but the game is already in ?shipping phase.?

The Fable III news comes via Lionhead?s Gameplay/Engine programmer Keith Judge, who recently tweeted the following: ?One nice bit of information the shipping phase of a software project throws up is which systems need an overhaul. Lots of post #Fable3 ideas.?

Yeah, Fable III hasn?t gone gold just yet, but it seems it?s getting close!

Who?s excited for the latest Albion adventure? It comes out four days before my birthday, so, umm, yeah. Birthday present?

My link

Looking good!

Forgive me if I'm just missing something, but do we have an exact release date, yet?

Very excited for this one. Fable II was just about the first roleplaying game like this that I've ever played, and I really enjoyed it. It's a nice break from my usual FPS games. Getting into Oblivion now for the first time, until Fable III comes out.

Nice.

Thank you.

I was wrong. The release date is 10/26, not 10/23.

For Xbox 360 only :cry:

Hopefully the PC version doesn't go all Alan Wake on us and disappear altogether.

I think the PC version is actually all done. I think they are praying on the impatient and hoping they pick the game up for the Xbox 360 for additional sales at a higher price before the lower priced PC/Pirated version is out. Just a guess though.