[OFFICIAL] Fable 3 Details & Discussions

Must confess myself disappointed at this point. You'd think this game would have more options or depth to keep you going even well after initial release but there's just nothing to keep you playing. The story was the only thing keeping you going and now that you're done, there's no incentive to restart or keep going whatsoever. Was speaking to a friend of mine and we both think the game should have a sort of New Game Plus where you keep abilities, seals and all that but the enemies are now much stronger and there's far more of them. The mini-games are fun for 20 minutes, buying houses and collecting money is utterly pointless and exploring isn't that exciting.

Then you'd think Co-op could keep the flame going but man, it's horrid! SO much loading, when your friend goes back and forth between areas and sanctuary. Also, when doing co-op the loading times are almost double that of playing alone and in a span of a mere 30 minutes, it has already been loading hell. Then I brought a wad of gold into my friends game, he purchased stands and buildings with my money and I get sod all in return after leaving?

Fable II was the peak of the series, I loved that game. Fable III just feels like a cheap money grab and there's nothing really new under the sun - Probably one of the most shallow "Role playing games" I've played in a long time.

The moral choices were very easy for most of the game, black and white was sharply defined. Combat was not very deep, not many spells, tons of glitches, no expression wheel, not many outfits/clothes, having a character in your save menu (Jasper) tell you to check out the DLC every time you go in there gets damned annoying (I love John Cleese, i really do, but i can only stand hearing "there are new items in the sanctuary shop" so many times), the graphics were not very good, weapon morphing was not as deep as was hoped, it feels like they took a long time to make this game, but instead moved a few steps backwards in many areas. I love Lionhead, and i will no doubt give the next Fable a try - but they need to take all the criticism to heart and knock Fable IV out of the park.

Yep, both of these for me too. Though multiplayer has been okay for me--but the boyfriend and I are playing in the same house on the same router; maybe that's making a difference for us.

But Fable III is definitely lacking the depth Fable II had. You're absolutely right, Sethos, when you say that after you beat it, there's no real incentive to keep playing. In Fable II, it was almost as if I got the main story out of the way so I could focus on the rest--and I played for months. I still enjoy going back to it, now and then. I just beat Fable III again, yesterday, and I tried to take it slowly. It took me only a matter of hours, again, total. I did the money glitch, so at least I have all of the townsfolk left--but I don't know if it's even worth it. I have little interest in going back and continuing on. The remaining quests are pretty repetitive and more than a little bit dull.

And one of my big problems was how obvious the moral choices were, too, Ruran. There's never really a time when you feel torn on what to do. There's no challenge to being good, like there was in Fable II--which took a while to reach any pure state, at least for me. And when it comes to the townsfolk, everyone apparently likes and dislikes the same things. You can hug, dance with, whistle to, play Pat-a-Cake with any character in the game, and they'll always like it. In Fable II, there were people here and there who didn't like the obvious things, they liked the rude or scary things and the only way to earn their approval was to do those. On top of that, as small as this is, I really liked the hearts (or sad faces, I think they were) that floated above the townsfolk's heads when you made them feel a certain way. Getting a big crowd and watching dozens of those float up was always satisfying.

I really tried to enjoy the game. I'm still trying. It's not bad, but it remains in the shadows of Fable II.

I guess it's time to move on to Black Ops. :)

Glad to see I'm not the only one who felt this way, afterall. Playing through a second time now, with the money glitch and taking it a lot slower. Trying to enjoy it a little more.

Worst ending to a game that I've played in a long time. I really liked this series, but this game was ruined by the ending.

I am surprised. I can't see going back to Fable 1 or 2 after playing Fable 3. The story line, cut scenes and ending in Fable 3 are substantially better than the previous.

I am surprised. I can't see going back to Fable 1 or 2 after playing Fable 3. The story line, cut scenes and ending in Fable 3 are substantially better than the previous.

As silly as this might sound I don't really play a game for the quality of the cut scenes. I play it for the experience which sadly for this one isn't as good at the 2nd.

If I hadn't played the 2nd and 3rd ones and you sat me down and got me to play both (not knowing which one I was playing) I would have said the 3rd on came before the 2nd (maybe not graphically though) due to the amount of things that seem to be missing from the 3rd (expression wheel etc) You just seemed to be able to interect with the world a lot more in the 2nd.

It's a decent game but I was just expecting a whole lot more from it.

As silly as this might sound I don't really play a game for the quality of the cut scenes. I play it for the experience which sadly for this one isn't as good at the 2nd.

If I hadn't played the 2nd and 3rd ones and you sat me down and got me to play both (not knowing which one I was playing) I would have said the 3rd on came before the 2nd (maybe not graphically though) due to the amount of things that seem to be missing from the 3rd (expression wheel etc) You just seemed to be able to interect with the world a lot more in the 2nd.

It's a decent game but I was just expecting a whole lot more from it.

Exactly.

It feels entirely unfinished, content-wise. It's as if they've had two months to create this game, instead of, I don't know, 2 years? Like they sat down and made it look pretty (I find the graphics and character designs to be a step-up from Fable II, unlike a lot of people) and spent too much time on the cut scenes, then ran out of time on the rest of it, so they threw all of the side quests in last minute, and only completed about half of the main storyline they'd been planning.

I didn't want/expect to be disappointed. :(

Fable 3 DLC on the way!

Understone, the first batch of proper Fable III DLC, will be released on 23rd November, Microsoft has said. It'll cost 400 Microsoft Points. Microsoft's Live community man Graeme Boyd tweeted that Understone will be set in a secret underworld beneath Bowerstone. Could this be linked to the gargoyles in Fable II? Also coming are the Fable III pre-order bonuses: the hairstyle pack for 160 MSP and the five-star dog potion for 80 MSP.

My link

Hell yeah! Can't get enough Fable 3.

Fable 3 DLC on the way!

My link

Hell yeah! Can't get enough Fable 3.

Give me a break LH, I've not even taken the game out the plastic yet I've been so tied up with uni/work.

Might wait it out til xmas and see if it's included in the DLC sales.

Are you actually trying to tell me that Fable 3 is a good looking game? If you are, get the **** out.

If you are saying it's not, then I am just "wow".

starting to get into it, it's nice, but somehow Fable 2 was more magical, maybe because it was my first Fable foray. i like the bigger world, the detailed map and the other additions, but the heart isn't all there - yet. i just started, though.

How does it compare graphically? The enviroments look so much bigger from the videos I have seen

IMO it's basically the same with a little more polish, I'd personally be hard pressed to tell the difference between the two if I didn't know which one I was playing.

really? i actually thought Fable 2 looked better...had a softer, more well-rounded look to it. this one seems harsher. but that could be subjective, the difference isn't major.

How does it compare graphically? The enviroments look so much bigger from the videos I have seen

It looks a little better graphically, as well as animations. Most importantly, the animations and cut-scenes are a nice improvement. If you compare the animations between Fable 2 and Fable 3 when using the emotions, it's night and day better.

Can someone tell me what this game offers with multiplayer? From the last Fable 2, I never did anything online, was solo/offline play

It's just co-op.

You go into other players worlds and help them with their quests, I'm not 100% sure if you get the credit for completing the quests on your end too.