Panther Pre Release

I tried Panther and it was beatiful, it was snappy even in my ibook 700. Sadly i sold my ibook today, maybe i go with Gentoo on my PC. Atleast no more Micro****.

I tried Panther and it was beatiful, it was snappy even in my ibook 700. Sadly i sold my ibook today, maybe i go with Gentoo on my PC. Atleast no more Micro****.

Why'd you seel your iBook?

And of course it's all hardware accelerated with quartz extreme. The windows aren't static either, so if you have a movie playing, it'll keep playing in the mini window. If you have a chat convo going, it will keep going in the mini windows. It's cool as hell.

holy crap you're right!! never noticed that (goes off and plays some more)

How does fast switching work?

Is it like the PC where you can essentialy log off and leave the computer. Ready for someone else.

Or is it like how it seems on apples site where the user enters there password on your desktop with your desktop visible.

Is it like the PC where you can essentialy log off and leave the computer. Ready for someone else.

Or is it like how it seems on apples site where the user enters there password on your desktop with your desktop visible.

Have you seen the video of it? :blink:

although the fast switching is useless for me since i'm the only user.. but thats :omg:

im going to set up a new user just so i can play with it :p

You can choose login screen from the menu with all the user name on it, so yes it can be used in the same way as xp

Could someone post a screenshot of Panther's QuickTime 6.4 main window? I've seen some shots of QuickTime with flat buttons (iTunes 4 style) and I wonder whether they come by default? If so, FINALLY!

For those who haven't seen it in action, check out fast user switching. Impressive to say the least:

Right click to download

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

That is a sweet effect, and it is really smooth and nice :p

I wish it did that effect when I single user logged in, that would be cool :p

Could someone post a screenshot of Panther's QuickTime 6.4 main window? I've seen some shots of QuickTime with flat buttons (iTunes 4 style) and I wonder whether they come by default? If so, FINALLY!

http://members.shaw.ca/evolution/quicktime.pdf

Those are the default buttons - All I have done is installed the MPEG2 decoder and registered for QuickTime Pro, those buttons were there before I did that too.

For those who haven't seen it in action, check out fast user switching. Impressive to say the least:

Right click to download

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

:omg: :blink: :omg:

Wow....I must have this wonder!

/me goes to the future, buys final release, then comes back

LOL Fluid! True, maybe they can bring it back, but keep the hide function on the Dock icons, i hated having to go to the App menu to hide an App, or "HEAVEN Forbid" have to reach over to my keyboard 2 do it :p