Panther Pre Release

i don't know where my post went anyway is anyone having trouble getting toast 5.2.1 working in panther? mine won't launch

i know how you feel, i wish my wireless router's panther drivers come out, but its not gonna happen until it goes retail. a shame OS X lacks in the driver compatibility department, I know drivers for most devices in windows (like 2k for example) will work on newer Windows versions without problems.I'm at the mercy of the damn companies :crazy:

its a netgear ma101, and has no official mac os x drivers, so I use the Belkin drivers for their brand of 802.11b routers and modify them to support my device. And Apple System Profiler complained about the OS 10.2 driver being compiled for an older version (duh)

Yeah, unless its an adapter that plugs into ur USB, the router should be pretty much standalone, wireless or not and no drivers needed.

The new style tabs look quality in camino!

PantherTabs1.png

Anyone else with Panther wanna post screenies of apps that use the new style tabs?

DAMN YOU! Im still waiting for mine + 17PB + 15GB iPod +Simcity 4 +Star Wars Galaxies + Strategy Guide + Being a DJ Guide + Star Trek Enterprise E model.

And for those smart alecs out there, YES, I know Galaxies doesn't work on the Mac.

At least I got the ADC Discount on all my mac stuff=P.

I need to try and get my DSL working in Panther! :(

Did any of you update jaguar? ... If so, DID it require you to re-install your internet hardware too?! ... I would upgrade, if i knew my DSL would work, but i have a feeling the upgrade would be the same as my current Fresh Install, as far as hardware config is confirmed. I emailed my hardware vendor begging the technician to have panther! :p ... hopefully they do! ... i took a few Screen caps too, of various lil' things!

Any ideas about this?! ... Whats on CD2!? I've not heard of any drivers, besides Print ones @ that ... Is there possibly USB DSL Drivers for a Hermstedt Webshuttle?! </long_shot>

There are some "nice things" in Panther, and Genie Effect / Dock Magnification seemed more "fluent" than in Jaguar (are they Powered by QE?) ... The whole GUI felt slicker, in speed for me, but Window resizing still sucks. :( ... the Finder takes some getting used to, i see Metal, and think its NOT finder for a few secs! ... Expos? is cool tho! .. here, check this!!

"MultiTASKING" w00t LOL:pp

post-60-1056740446.jpg

post-60-1056740446.jpg

So what exactly is Expose? Is it like in the above screenshot where you can get all of your windows out and choose the one you want? Im somewhat confused. Im not a Mac user, but after looking over this thread, I have to get a Mac. Probably just a G4 Cube, but I would love a G5. Wow.

You can assign it to an F* key, corner of the screen, mouse button (If you have like an intellimouse or something) and you can make the OS automatically scale down all open windows and tile them so you can instantly see what windows you have open, clicking on it brings it to the foreground. You can also do this to windows withing an application sych as photoshop so if you have like 25 PS documents open you can instantly tile them all and pick one.

At least that's my understanding of it, I've never tried it of course.

And of course it's all hardware accelerated with quartz extreme. The windows aren't static either, so if you have a movie playing, it'll keep playing in the mini window. If you have a chat convo going, it will keep going in the mini windows. It's cool as hell.

And of course it's all hardware accelerated with quartz extreme. The windows aren't static either, so if you have a movie playing, it'll keep playing in the mini window. If you have a chat convo going, it will keep going in the mini windows. It's cool as hell.

:blink: :woot: