Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Andrew

The game mode possibly disables med packs and you can only use the defibrillator?

Why isn't it March yet :(

Massiveterra

I'll be looking forwarding to fixing tanks, unscrewing tanks, tracing tanks, and toobing tanks

oh yeah, and drilling people in the face (Y)

Spookie
I'll be looking forwarding to fixing tanks, unscrewing tanks, tracing tanks, and toobing tanks

oh yeah, and drilling people in the face (Y)

Toobing tanks? Good luck with that! BF2 it took far to much grenade ammo to even put a dent in a tank! He'll level the building you are in before you kill him. :p

The dart looks ace though. Some videos of people, on youtube, using the dart to lase snipers then having a friend who had just spawned on the other side of the map to lock on then blow him away! :D

Andrew

Bad Company isn't BF2 though :p It's very possible to take out tanks with nube tubes.

Spookie
Bad Company isn't BF2 though :p It's very possible to take out tanks with nube tubes.

With no dedicated anti tank class. An engi who carries a RPG & a recon with C4. I'd imagine they'd tone it down a bit.

Massiveterra

I forgot where I read it from but they increased the power of grenade launchers in BC2 so that it is possible to take out tanks that way. And a massive increase in splash damage (Y)

The launchers in BC1 were so weak that their only purpose was to blow holes in walls

Sethos
BFBC2 producer says the game is “deeper” than other shooters

badcompany2.jpg

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 producer, Karl-Magnus Troedsson, has told FPSgamer that the franchise “has always been deeper” than its rivals, and remains that way to this day.

Read the rest over at VG247

• Like 1
John Freeman

From BFBC2 Twitter:

RT @L_Twin: Guys/girls, we're working together with Valve to get a BFBC2 pre-order program going on Steam, hope we can announce this soon.

Sound like smth special is coming up.

LingeringSoul

From the above article:

A lot of the other shooters are still actually in team deathmatch mode ? they have tons of different game modes, but they all one way or another are just people playing to get the maximum score.

Seems like that comment was aimed directly at MW2. And now that I think about it, he has a point. Even in modes like Headquarters and Domination, it's still very much about individuality and padding your score. I suppose that's the reason I like games like TF2, DoD, and Battlefield. Even though I'm not a very skilled player, I can contribute in other ways (i.e. supporting the people who are).

Definitely excited for this one, although I'm not sure whether to get this on 360 or PC. Maybe both?

Spookie

BF:BC2 Executive Producer just tweeted this: Attention: "Very soon" has now been updated to defcon "in about 30 minutes". Watch this space: http://bit.ly/3C7fri.

News on the beta?

Massiveterra

They will probably announce the new MP mode

Lingwo

Well they said a demo should be available soon, so hopefully that will be the announcement.

Spookie

Arf: "Haha, we broke the blog. Stop pressing F5! :)"

nbtc971

Thanks to Activision and IW I am totally looking forward to this. It wasn't even on the radar until IW screwed over MW2 on the PC, but after me and my clan skipped MW2, this is the game we decided to move to. Looks AWESOME! ;)

Spookie

Bump!

PC Beta details!

BETA Details:

Beta Begins/Ends

Jan 28th/Feb 25th

Map Name

Port Valdez

Players

Game Mode

Rush

Environment

Snow

Theme

Vehicle and Infantry

Back Story

The battle for Port Valdez is fought alongside the waterline towards a great oil industrial landscape in the Alaskan mountains. Using basically everything they've got the Russian forces are launching an airborne assault to knock out the oil industries in the area. In their arsenal there are Main Battle Tanks as well as fast-moving Quad Bikes and mobile armored AA. It's a vehicle focused battle, but with plenty of infantry combat.

How to Download

Check back to the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Page closer to beta launch date for download instructions.

How To Get Access

Reserve Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the most sure fire way and right now we are still finalizing which Retailers & e-Tailers will participate (it's up to them). If you're eager to ensure you get in confirmed distributors to Pre-Order consumers are the EA Store and at GameStop.com. We'll have another Blog to update new retailers & e-Tailers that have teamed up with us as well as alternate channels to obtain a Closed Beta Key.

Misc. Details

Steam Beta

Yes there was a leaked image of a Package file we propped on Steam. People with illegal accounts can see games in this environment, but this is not a Beta in the term of Public Test Beta, but a real development Beta installer client for the Steam version of the full game. We are however working with Steam to have the Public PC Beta available on Steam, but can't confirm this quite yet so cross your fingers Steam users. :-)

Anti Cheat

We're going with PunkBuster supporting the same options BF2 and BF2142 had to run unranked without PunkBuster.

Mod Tools

There will not be mod tools for BFBC2. However a majority of the the games logic is controlled by the server and there will be Serverside control options for the dedicated servers.

Public Server Files

We will not distribute these publicly. There are many factors for why we have decided this with the biggest factor being security & integrity of our game & Dedicated Servers.

Nvidia3D supported!

nvidia3dBFBC2.JPG

Spookie
WTF 3D!

Yeah loads of PC games have it, Batman: AA did it well. More games are adopting it recently even though it gives you awful motion sickness.

Demo of the map:

Jimmy0

I'll see if I can find a way to get into the PC beta, I missed out on the PS3 one.

Lamp0

Aren't they doing the same with the Xbox360 demo, having it as a pre-order bonus?

Spookie
Aren't they doing the same with the Xbox360 demo, having it as a pre-order bonus?

Demo won't be coming out for some time. This is a beta since the PC hasn't had any iteration of the Frostbite engine yet and it'll likely be powering Battlefield 3 at the end of the year.

Chasethebase

Whee, I'm downloading the PC Beta as soon as it's available.

Yusuf M.

Awesome news! I'm itching to try out the beta. Chances are I'll pre-order the game, but only after I'm confident that the PC version (beta) is done well.

Tech Star

DICE: Bad Company 2 'reaching' Uncharted 2's graphics

Upcoming FPS Battlefield Bad Company 2 is "reaching" the graphical quality set by last year's stunning PS3-exclusive Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but it will not surpass it, developer DICE had admitted.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com, producer Gordon Van Dyke said no game can claim to better the graphics seen in Naughty Dog's Uncharted 2.

"I wouldn't make that kind of claim," he said. "Uncharted 2 is an amazing-looking game. But we're reaching that level of quality. It's going to be hard for any game to be able to make a claim that they look better. But we are getting to, I feel, that level, where it's looking very impressive. When you see it - and I've heard other people say it as well, so it's not just me - other people are saying it's getting there."

Uncharted 2, released last year, raised the bar for video game graphics, with incredible animations and detailed environments wowing PS3 owners.

But Van Dyke reckons Bad Company 2, which is our 37th most anticipated game of 2010, will surpass Uncharted 2 in one key area: vistas.

"The thing is though, we have much bigger environments. To even be close, to me is quite an honour as a developer. The one thing I did was, when I looked at their game I was like, damn them! What have they done to the rest of us? I was looking for something where I could say, okay, that we're doing better. I looked at their vistas, and I think that our vistas, because it's in game, this is actual in-game terrain you could theoretically take your soldier and walk up to, our vistas are better. Naughty Dog, if you hear this, I challenge you versus our vistas!"

With Bad Company 2 due out on March 5, we don't have long to wait to compare the two games. Until then, prepare yourself with a stack of Bad Company 2 videos.

I like honesty and this makes DICE even higher in respectability in my books and they were the most respectable ones I knew of before.

WastedJoker

I'm getting REALLY excited about this game. The multiplayer looks amazingly tight. My issue with MP on the first game was that aiming felt really "arcadey" and not as tight as COD. hopefully it's a bit better this time.

Spookie

130 bug fixes (hi IW)/balancing issues rectified from the PS3 beta to the PC beta located here!

Some worth mentioning here:

- Completely reskinned the weapons and scopes for much improved visual quality.

- Tons of weapon tweaks to improve the balance of play.

- Increased accuracy when stationary and aiming for better first shot accuracy.

- Decreased accuracy when moving and aiming, especially for sniper rifles.

- All armored vehicles have new engine sounds.

- Added environment specific camouflage to all vehicles.