Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Massiveterra
I'm getting REALLY excited about this game. The multiplayer looks amazingly tight. My issue with MP on the first game was that aiming felt really "arcadey" and not as tight as COD. hopefully it's a bit better this time.

weird, because I don't know how much more "arcadey" you can get than MW2

rajputwarrior

this game is coming out on a bad month for the ps3. God of war, final fantasy and possibly gran turismo all around the same time. Not to mention heavy rain comes out 2 weeks before this...

Massiveterra

and of all of those games, this would be a game I would buy rather than rent

Andrew
this game is coming out on a bad month for the ps3. God of war, final fantasy and possibly gran turismo all around the same time. Not to mention heavy rain comes out 2 weeks before this...

Well it caters to all the FPS nuts who don't like the other genres. And FPS isn't a small market share by anyone's standards. Especially when the game comes from one of the biggest names/studios and publishers there's ever been.

rajputwarrior
Well it caters to all the FPS nuts who don't like the other genres. And FPS isn't a small market share by anyone's standards. Especially when the game comes from one of the biggest names/studios and publishers there's ever been.

no for sure, but what do you do with the people who are still happy with COD but want something different?That's where those other titles come in, and if they need an FPS fix they can just hop back on COD. I played the beta of this game for a solid two straight weeks and i loved it, but its just coming out at the crappiest time (well for me anyways). I'll pick it up in the summer i guess when it gets cheaper and there is a lul of titles coming out.

Massiveterra

Because there are tons of people out there, including many at Neowin, that thinks MW2 sucks. And that's their whole sales angle as well.

BFBC2 will not reach MW2's sales numbers but will probably have a very strong following from people who seek an alternative to the mainstream.

And as far as the other games released, other than GT5, the other games are all single player games with a set number of hours of gameplay, which many people would rather rent and would purchase an online multiplayer game with an indeterminate amount of gameplay hours

nbtc971

Not sure why anyone would be happy with MW2 on PC.. it sucks the big one, so I suggest picking this up as quickly as possible. :)

Ridz0r
Not sure why anyone would be happy with MW2 on PC.. it sucks the big one, so I suggest picking this up as quickly as possible. :)

Actually no, I enjoy it on the PC more than the console.

Sethos

MW2 sucks on all platforms :laugh:

• Like 1
Chasethebase

This differs a lot from MW2, it's more reliant on teamwork, which is all but absent in most recent FPS games (Not including competitive play) barring TF2. I'm tempted to pick this up for PC to be honest, I love playing as a team rather than on my own (Even though knifing the whole opposing team on MW2 can be hilarious).

Massiveterra

I'm so glad that "fun" in this game isn't just based on kills.

Every mode in MW2, in its core, is a deathmatch mode

Boz

My opinion after playing a lot of MW2 on both Xbox 360 and PC.

The game is poorly balanced, the multiplayer infrastructure is absolutely poorly coded and the game was and still is packed with glitches, exploits and similar. All of this due to lack of beta. The hacking is running rampant with absolutely no control but from IW net directly which has failed horribly.

If all of these were fixed the game would be a lot of fun, but unfortunately now many many people who are playing this game with me are seriously considering quitting. We all can't wait for BF:BC2 because it's a true teamwork, all out war with vehicles, destruction game that will most likely be properly balanced due to extensive beta.

Thank god it's coming to PC because I already pre-ordered for PC and will probably get it on Xbox 360.

WastedJoker
weird, because I don't know how much more "arcadey" you can get than MW2

I meant how tight the aiming feels....

DirtyLarry
My opinion after playing a lot of MW2 on both Xbox 360 and PC.

The game is poorly balanced, the multiplayer infrastructure is absolutely poorly coded and the game was and still is packed with glitches, exploits and similar. All of this due to lack of beta. The hacking is running rampant with absolutely no control but from IW net directly which has failed horribly.

No offense, but it took you this long to figure this out? I was saying this after 1-2 days of playing mw2, and if I recall correctly you were one of the more vocal people in the MW2 thread that was praising the MP the same time I (with others) was calling it out for being poorly balanced. Do not get me wrong, glad you are finally figuring it out, just really honestly suprised you finallly feel this way now, especially after how long you defended it so to speak.

Bring on BFBC2. Seriously cannot wait.

Massiveterra

DICE already fixed 180 bugs and glitches just based on the PS3 Beta alone! After the PC beta and 360 beta it really should be a polished game.

After seeing what DICE is doing with the game really makes IW seem like pompous *******s.

nbtc971
Actually no, I enjoy it on the PC more than the console.

Actually yes, MW2 sucks on PC. I'm sorry you don't realize that like the rest of us.

Spookie
DICE already fixed 180 bugs and glitches just based on the PS3 Beta alone! After the PC beta and 360 beta it really should be a polished game.

There won't be a 360 beta. Rumor is you'll get a 3 week demo though beginning 4th February.

Andrew

iirc the beta was 360 exclusive last time, so think they might be evening it out. Besides their netcode on the 360 is already gonna be of high quality with this being their 4th BF game on the console.

PixilEyes

After seeing what DICE is doing with the game really makes IW seem like pompous *******s.

That means 160 more to go on MW2 to be fixed! :D

Boz
No offense, but it took you this long to figure this out? I was saying this after 1-2 days of playing mw2, and if I recall correctly you were one of the more vocal people in the MW2 thread that was praising the MP the same time I (with others) was calling it out for being poorly balanced. Do not get me wrong, glad you are finally figuring it out, just really honestly suprised you finallly feel this way now, especially after how long you defended it so to speak.

Bring on BFBC2. Seriously cannot wait.

Well as I said Dirty Larry.. I still think MW2 is a great game.. the problem is that they've put too much, with little time and the game is poorly balanced. I can't say it's a bad game, I just think they completely dropped the ball on things that should've been balanced, patched and so on during BETA, like they did with COD4. COD4 had a fair share of problems after launch but it was all minor stuff that was patched fairly quickly. WIth MW2 they completely dropped the ball. Not only that they are playing dumb and poorly communicating with customers (and I mean almost zero responses to constantly same questions), they are not doing anything to patch quite a few things that are left out. Instead they are probably working on DLCs and other crap to milk more money.

I will still say, this is the best multiplayer war game so far. Without a doubt. The overall features in this game, the multiplayer, the spec-ops etc etc are fantastic but the problem is again VERY VERY poor Quality Control and their response to the public.

It seems IW is listening to their big bosses at Activision and are just doing stuff to make money instead of continuing to provide the support they did with previous COD. I'm pretty sure that they screwed themselves out of huge fanbase because I know that I won't be buying next MW right off the bat until I can hear some responses and if I'm the person who does that (I buy 3 copies of the same game for different platforms like PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 so I can play with all my friends) they will lose a lot as I know a lot of people like I am will do the same.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 will definitely be the game to rectify and kick IW and Activision in the ass because I know that EVERYONE i play with will drop MW2 in a second to play BF:BC2. We will even buy dedicated servers. Take the fact that EA is finally releasing a modern Medal Of Honor one can only hope they will further rape IW and Activision and teach them that you don't alienate your customers like they have done with MW2.

DirtyLarry
<snipped>

Fair enough. Like I said I really did not mean any offense by my statement, I was genuinely curious as to why you changed your mind so to speak, but I see you still think it is the best MP wargame yet, and there I will have to agree to disagree. I feel it maybe could have been the best, but BF2 still holds the title for me, and possibly always will honestly. I will say it could have easily been the best console war based MP based game though, that I can say no problem at all.

And honestly I am usually not a buy it for multiple platforms type of person, but I will be buying buying BF BC2 for both 360 and PC. Mainly for the higher player count and what I am hoping will also be a slightly better visual advantage on the PC side of things.

And I also hope Medal Of Honor can kick them in the ass, but I fear they may just try to copy it instead of better it, and if they do it could be a huge failure.

Yusuf M.

I am truly excited for this game. It's been awhile since I last enjoyed BF2 so I hope this keeps me busy until BF3 is released.

Spookie
We will even buy dedicated servers.

Talking of dedicated servers, anyone going to donate towards a Neowin server? Or are we renting/posting our own individual servers and posting them here? I've currently got a mumble server I don't mind people from Neowin using too. :)

undu

I'll leave the e-mail I've recieved from Game here:

Dear Customer

Thank you for preordering Battlefield: Bad Company 2 from GAME.co.uk

The developer of the game has advised us that the GAME Exclusive one week demo access (due to start on the 28th January) is now no longer available.

However, don't worry as you will still get a full 3 week access to the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Demo via Xbox Live or The Playstation? Network from the 4th February 2010.

To access the demo from the 4th February please login to you Xbox Live or PSN account, search for Battlefield Bad Company 2 and follow the download instructions. No code is needed as it is now a public demo.

Please Note: For technical Support please visit: http://support.ea.com

We apologise for any inconvenience this change may have caused.

If you have any queries regarding your order please don't hesitate to contact us via the 'Contact Us' page which can be found by clicking on the link below: http://www.game.co.uk/Help/CustService.aspx

The GAME Customer Service Team

Enjoy ;(

C++vid
I'll leave the e-mail I've recieved from Game here:

Enjoy ;(

Wha.....?

:heart breaks: