Battlefield: Bad Company 2

@geoffkeighley: You guys are going to dig #BFBC2's campaign. Big trailer & lots of footage next week on the GTTV premiere.

single1tb.png

single2tb.png

single3tb.png

Edited by Spookie

Squad Pack (4 pack) could be in the works via Steam.

Stay tuned.

If this happens anyone here down to do this? I have not gotten the game for PC yet, so I would be down for sure if it means saving some cash.

If this happens anyone here down to do this? I have not gotten the game for PC yet, so I would be down for sure if it means saving some cash.

I'd be up for it.

Aww..i'm too late for the 4 pack. But I want to persuade my friends to buy, so I might be buying my own 4-pack later :)

Anyone knows the pre-order price from Steam? I know it's not out yet on the Steam page

Aww..i'm too late for the 4 pack. But I want to persuade my friends to buy, so I might be buying my own 4-pack later :)

Anyone knows the pre-order price from Steam? I know it's not out yet on the Steam page

It's $49.95 USD at the EA Store so I assume it'll be the same once it's available (for pre-order) on Steam.

Ah.. $50 US doesn't sound too bad.. Australia's retail shops (EB Games) already put a silly price, a ripped-off price as usual for Australians

(L4D 2 for AU$110 where as I got it from Steam for AU$34!)

Okay, so a few posts got lost in the revert back to IPB 2 but as we said and you replied, Larry will be the money-holder as the American dollar will save us all a nice penny.

The average price of a PC game around here is something like 65-70$ so at 50$ it's a great price, plus the discount for being 4-pack.

• Like 1

Moi, Seth, DL & Anaron. Yep 4!

Correct.

Okay, so a few posts got lost in the revert back to IPB 2 but as we said and you replied, Larry will be the money-holder as the American dollar will save us all a nice penny.

The average price of a PC game around here is something like 65-70$ so at 50$ it's a great price, plus the discount for being 4-pack.

Well keep in mind the cost of DL Tax, not cheap. :laugh:

But seriously, yeah like I said and it did get deleted, no problem, all for saving you guys money.

I have been hoping it saves me a couple of bucks as well.

Ah yes, I saw the video from twitter earlier today - the Squad Rush game mode. Looks great especially if you are playing with a few friends together against others

Argh..still waiting for Steam pre-order availability..hopefully it's some time this week so I can play the Beta on Steam!

Well keep in mind the cost of DL Tax, not cheap. :laugh:

But seriously, yeah like I said and it did get deleted, no problem, all for saving you guys money.

I have been hoping it saves me a couple of bucks as well.

So, the question is: Are we going to pre-order it? I might want to pre-order it in order to get access to the [PC] beta which starts on the 28th (next week Thursday).

So, the question is: Are we going to pre-order it? I might want to pre-order it in order to get access to the [PC] beta which starts on the 28th (next week Thursday).

Is the 4 pack thing up already? I have not been keeping up with it so not sure.

Not sure how it works in the US but we in the UK can pre order from a website and not have the money taken from our accounts till the game is shipped.

I've pre ordered from a few at the moment so if I end up with multiple keys I'll be happy to distribute them.

Is the 4 pack thing up already? I have not been keeping up with it so not sure.

It isn't up yet (as far as I'm aware). I just checked and couldn't find Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I imagine it'll be up soon though. The PC beta is only ~9 days away (including today).

Not sure how it works in the US but we in the UK can pre order from a website and not have the money taken from our accounts till the game is shipped.

I've pre ordered from a few at the moment so if I end up with multiple keys I'll be happy to distribute them.

Well, in Canada you have to pay a minimum fee. You pay the rest once the game is in-store and you get priority over a lineup, should there be one. However, this is the Steam version we're talking about so none of that matters. You see with Steam, you pay the full price when you pre-order it.

Anyway, keep an eye on the Battlefield Blog. That's where all the latest Battlefield: Bad Company 2 news should be. And this is from the blog:

Steam Beta: Yes there was a leaked image of a Package file we propped on Steam. People with illegal accounts can see games in this environment, but this is not a Beta in the term of Public Test Beta, but a real development Beta installer client for the Steam version of the full game. We are however working with Steam to have the Public PC Beta available on Steam, but can't confirm this quite yet so cross your fingers Steam users. :-)

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...229-n-dice.aspx

Well, in Canada you have to pay a minimum fee. You pay the rest once the game is in-store and you get priority over a lineup, should there be one. However, this is the Steam version we're talking about so none of that matters. You see with Steam, you pay the full price when you pre-order it.

Sounds awful. I like sitting at home having my games arrive a day early. :p

I am a bit troubled that this pre-order isn't up yet. Saying that didn't they ONLY JUST put up Mass Effect 2 y'day? :/

Sounds awful. I like sitting at home having my games arrive a day early. :p

I am a bit troubled that this pre-order isn't up yet. Saying that didn't they ONLY JUST put up Mass Effect 2 y'day? :/

Haha, that's just one of the ways of pre-ordering a game in Canada. Mass Effect 2 was up for more than a week so far. Anyway, the game's release date is in March so it shouldn't technically be up on Steam this early. However, the beta is coming up so they might be forced to put it up so people can get access to the beta via a pre-order key.

Okay so Spookie, as Anaron just said, we would have to pay the full price for the Steam version, which is hopefully the one we will be going with as that is the one rumored to have the Squad Pack.

So lets see what happens over the next few days, and if you can hold on to those potential beta keys for the three of us, I would say that would be appreciated, as we would have to pay for pre orders over here I am pretty sure. Hopefully they sort it out sooner than later.

I just hope, for our sake, that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 retail keys can be activated on Steam (like these games). Also, there's already a 4-pack up for BioShock 2 on Steam. I think that's a good sign.