Battlefield: Bad Company 2

If the FOV is no good then people will complain and they'll be forced to change it.

The fact that it looks far superior in every way?

Dedicated servers

MUCH more team based gameplay, and the gameplay is quite different from mw2 overall

Pretty much everything is destructable

vehicles

squads and squad based game modes

ect... ect...

Sorry, sorry, sorry, excuse me... :whistle: :pinch:

Kind of a must-have game thus.

I will preorder this!

The Gamestop website says you'll get beta access for pre ordering. It says on the BF:BC2 blog page as well.

Taken from here:

Also refer to this page if you're ordering from Gamestop:

http://www.gamestop.com/thedeal

I'm assuming they'll send out the emails with instructions on where to download and stuff on Monday probably. I had to cancel my order and re order it again because they didn't have that there when I first did it. It appears you have to do this if you want beta access when ordering from Gamestop. Oh yeah, and it also gets you free over night shipping, which is awesome.

Ahh yes it was game.co.uk

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;p=592116090

My bad :p

One of EA's marketing guys is saying that the Steam Pre-Order should be up very soon. :o

Source? Not that I don't believe you but I would like to follow the info and get my preorder in asap :)

One of EA's marketing guys is saying that the Steam Pre-Order should be up very soon. :o

Okay if that does happen and they have the 4 pack get ready to send some money to me via PayPal.

Nope, see below your post and above this one. I plan on getting it on both.

And okay just to give you an instance. Me and Massiveterra were on the ground, and he had seen a guy running up the stairs in a building and make it to the roof. I asked him where the guy was and he said the roof. We were 3 stories below, and basically across the street from the guy, so a decent amount of distance between us and him. I took him out with a headshot no problem at all as he was just sitting there on the roof looking the other way. So I would say the weapon damage from that perspective is pretty spot on from what I could see.

With that said, and one of the reasons I always disagreed with you about the hit detection and weapon damage, is Battlefield as the series overall has always been a tad more forgiving and it always took just a few extra bullets than other games to take someone out if you were not hitting them in the head. And just with the fact that there are Tanks, Mounted Guns and jeeps, etc., it has always meant if you did not take a direct shot you could perhaps walk away from an encounter with either or. Perhaps that is why I personally enjoyed it more overall over the years, as it does definitely not favor reality as much as it favors what makes for a fun experience. So what you always considered as broken I always just considered of how it always has been. But then again if you get a headshot, you get a headshot, and the way I know I got the headshot in the above example as I get an extra +50 points and it said Headshot.

If I recall correctly, it took 2 shots for a headshot kill in BC1. I was somewhat annoyed by this but Larry explained his quoted explanation to me back then and I learned to live with it. And since they are giving the guns more of a customized experience this time around, I'm expecting different guns to give different results.

Although I am a "noob" when it comes to the Battlefield series, I have learned to embrace the game being forgiving as far as kills, mostly because it encourages more "team play" rather than "death counts" which seems to be the primary objective of Call of Duty

DICE just added Widescreen view to Battlefield 2 and 2142, why would they take a step backwards?

Somewhere it says there is no wide screen support? That's lame if true. But it won't change the fact that I'll still be buying it. :laugh:

If I recall correctly, it took 2 shots for a headshot kill in BC1. I was somewhat annoyed by this but Larry explained his quoted explanation to me back then and I learned to live with it. And since they are giving the guns more of a customized experience this time around, I'm expecting different guns to give different results.

They've upped the damage this time since you can revive people and heal them. There is also a VERY slow (2-3 times longer than CoD) health regen.

Watched the SP content this morning on gametrailers. I... didn't expect that tbh, 8-10 hours long, Russia invades the US and a darker tone. The interview did annoy me a tad, I understand there is going to be comparisons between that and MW2 but why does it have to dominate the conversation? The only question he asked that didn't involve MW2 was about the man on the poster. I cringed. :(

im loving all the gameplay footage..

cant wait to try the demo.

i hope it will be better the MW2.. (the single player i mean)

because agreed the graphics are on a whole different level. But the gameplay seems slow.

But the gameplay seems slow.

There are two MP modes dedicated to squad play. The 4v4v4v4 SquadDM or the 4v4 Squad Rush. With a medic... I'm sure those modes will be quick enough! ;)

DICE just added Widescreen view to Battlefield 2 and 2142, why would they take a step backwards?

I think it's quite obvious that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will have widescreen support.

I'm very impressed by the changes. It looks a lot better and the hit-detection also looks vastly improved. I'm looking forward to the PC beta/ multiplayer demo in Feb.

The single player looks pretty polished especially the scripted explosions and ragdolls being thrown by explosions.

I still haven't finished the first game. Well I played like an hour maybe, so technically I haven't even played it lol I need to do that

So when the open beta suppose to hit Steam? I remember reading somewhere about the 20th, but now it's already the 24th and still nothing :(

It's open beta? I thought you had to pre order it to get into the beta? And that they were going to have other ways of getting into it as well. But I never heard it was gonna be an open beta.

This is on the blog regarding the beta:

We have seen a lot of really good feedback on released details of BFBC2 PC and have been gathering these and sharing them with the PC Dev team. We also want as much feedback as possible after you have played the Beta to really give us the most solid feedback possible to look into addressing. Your participation in this Beta really counts and we'll have another update soon with the official location to give your feedback!

I also wanted to share an updated global retailers list supporting the BFBC2 PC Beta Key access coming this month.

US - GameStop.com US Only

Austria - Gamesonly.at

Czech Republic - xzone.cz and jrc.cz

Germany - amazon.de

Poland - gramer.pl, ultima.pl, EMPIK PC and sklep.gry-online.pl

UK - play.com and Direct2Drive

Singapore - Where to buy

Australia - EG Games

Russia - DirectCOD, igromagaz.ru, Turbodom and TotalBF

Hungary - CD Galaxis and 576

Switzeland - wog.ch

Italy - Multiplayer.it

Sweden - Webhallen, GAME, CDON, GameStop and SIBA

Denmark - Blockbuster, GameStop, CDON and GAME

Norway - Platekompaniet, Spaceworld, GameStop, GAME, CDON, and Absoluttspill

Finland: GameStop and CDON

World Wide Option - EA Store (if your country is not listed above, please check if the EA Store is supported there)

Heads Up: PC Beta Players will secure their gamer alias (Soldier Name) for retail.

Please check back on www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/beta on the 28th Jan for more details on how to download the Beta.

So it doesn't look like it's an actual open beta..

Really is a shame there's no 4-pack - Do 4-packs normally go up on the store along with the single-pack, don't they usually come a few weeks later?

Well I know for Bioshock 2 on steam they let you pre order the 4-pack, so if they were gonna have one I think they'd put it by now? Although since it's still so far off maybe that will come later close to the actual retail date?

And minispy is back up, yay.