• England
    • Germany
    • The Netherlands (Holland)
    • Italy (Current holders)
    • Brazil
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Other (Specify in post)
  2. 2. (Golden Boot) Who will be top scorer?

• Wayne Rooney (England)
    • David Villa (Spain)
    • Fernando Torres (Spain)
    • Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast)
    • Luis Fabiano (Brazil)
    • Lionel Messi (Argentina)
    • Kaka (Brazil)
    • Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
    • Thierry Henry (France)
    • Jermaine Defoe (England)
    • Other (Specify in post)

The incident in Bloemfontein had echoes of the World Cup Final in 1966 when an Azerbaijani linesman awarded England's Geoff Hurst a goal against Germany after his shot had bounced down off the crossbar. Wenger was just 16 at the time and he is bewildered that football still suffers from similar controversies.

"Forty-four years later the same two countries have the same problem," he said in an exclusive interview with Arsenal.com.

"That shows you two things. Life can be funny and football has not moved forward.

"It [the Lampard incident] increased the pressure from the whole world to do something about it [bringing in video replays]. That is the only good thing that it does. But it is sad that you need examples like that to amplify it.

"I don?t know how many more examples we need. I just feel we are historical monuments that can?t move forward."

HAHA I'll leave this classic one in here to add to the World Cup 2010 Highlights and Memories.... LMAO!!

:rofl: :rofl:

The Dutch with an impressive win.. what an invaluable player Sneijder is.. I always rated him and wanted him at Arsenal.. I'll be rooting for them to go the whole way now..

Wooooohooooo !!!

i was pretty sure that we were losing but after the 1-1 and red card brasil didnt have the power.

i am so happy hehe !! :D

HAHA I'll leave this classic one in here to add to the World Cup 2010 Highlights and Memories.... LMAO!!

:rofl: :rofl:

Thanks. That was entertaining :D

Dunga fired as Brazil coach

(AP) ? 11 minutes ago

RIO DE JANEIRO ? Dunga is out as coach of Brazil's national soccer team.

The coach and his staff were fired Sunday, two days after Brazil was beaten by the Netherlands in the World Cup quarterfinals.

The announcement was made by the Brazilian Football Federation (CBF). The decision was widely expected after the 2-1 loss to the Dutch. Brazil led 1-0 on Robinho's first-half goal, but allowed two goals and had a player sent off in a dismal second-half performance in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

"With the closing of the work cycle that started in August 2006 and ended with the elimination of Brazil from the World Cup in South Africa, the CBF announces the dismissal of the Technical Commission of the Brazilian team," the federation said in a statement.

A new coach will be appointed before the end of the month, CBF said.

Former Brazil player Mano Menezes, AC Milan coach Leonardo and Wanderley Luxemburgo are being mentioned as potential successors to Dunga.

Luiz Felipe Scolari, who coached Brazil to its fifth World Cup title in 2002, had been mentioned as a successor, but he has signed a two-year deal to be with the Brazilian club Palmeiras.

The new coach and his staff are likely to face several exhibition matches in the next few months and then the South American championship ? the Copa America ? in 2011 in Argentina.

Dunga returned to Brazil with the team early Sunday and was met with applause and cheering by fans in his native Porto Alegre in southern Brazil.

Brazil will host the World Cup in 2014 for the first time since 1950.

Source: Associated Press

What a surprise.

.... not really.

dunga should not be fired, he has made the best looking Brazilian team in years. they just choked for one half of football that cost'em. not the coaches fault the men on the field collapsed.

dunga should not be fired, he has made the best looking Brazilian team in years. they just choked for one half of football that cost'em. not the coaches fault the men on the field collapsed.

Yeah.. I find this funny specially as Capello and Lippi are not fired..I would've understood had he quit but this is crazy.. not as crazy as what the Nigerian president did to their team but still unexpected.. what's the news from France? Last I heard they were forming some sort of parliamentary committee to look into the WC..

Yeah.. I find this funny specially as Capello and Lippi are not fired..I would've understood had he quit but this is crazy.. not as crazy as what the Nigerian president did to their team but still unexpected.. what's the news from France? Last I heard they were forming some sort of parliamentary committee to look into the WC..

france need to completely re-work they way their team is handled. forgot about the fans not having any faith in them, the players themselves don't have any faith in french football anymore.

Nigeria and France better get over it quickly, FIFA won't take too kind to the politicians sticking their noses into football to such an extent. ?By all means discuss youth and the finances of football, but don't start changing things about. ?As much as I hate FIFA this is something that they've got right, don't let the?politicians get too involved.

He didnt take Ronaldinho into the team, who still is quite good ;)