• England
    • Germany
    • The Netherlands (Holland)
    • Italy (Current holders)
    • Brazil
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Other (Specify in post)
  2. 2. (Golden Boot) Who will be top scorer?

• Wayne Rooney (England)
    • David Villa (Spain)
    • Fernando Torres (Spain)
    • Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast)
    • Luis Fabiano (Brazil)
    • Lionel Messi (Argentina)
    • Kaka (Brazil)
    • Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
    • Thierry Henry (France)
    • Jermaine Defoe (England)
    • Other (Specify in post)

I think they are saving themselves for tomorrow :whistle: ;) ITV over here are boring to be honest but then again the BBC aren't that much better. Is football (sorry soccer) big over there? i know a while ago most Americans weren't that bothered about it has that opinion changed.

ITV are awful for commentators but BBC has Lawro and his comments are always funny if the game is slow and boring he will say its slow and boring :p

Spain has the highest win percentage this decade (over 70% which is higher than most of the greatest teams in history). I voted for Spain based on the mathematics of it all.

Golden boot will go to Messi.

English footie fans seem to be skewing this poll rather drastically...

• Like 1

Spain has the highest win percentage this decade (over 70% which is higher than most of the greatest teams in history). I voted for Spain based on the mathematics of it all.

Golden boot will go to Messi.

English footie fans seem to be skewing this poll rather drastically...

I voted Messi as well, and yes, judging by the % Rooney is getting, skewed, he is good - but better then Messi? no.

Unless you are all voting Rooney because you feel England will go further in the tournament and have more games / opportunities to score...

In the meantime I'll keep creating threads (with polls) for the game happening the following day.

I'll stop if a mod decides it's better to have on thread (case in which it would be nice if they merged the threads).

Also, if you're a mod and reading this, please add the "[WC2010]" tag to the threads about game 1 and 2 so that they show up if anyone searches for the tag later on.

Links to the previous game threads:

[WC2010] Game 01 - South Africa vs. Mexico

[WC2010] Game 02 - Uruguay vs. France

[WC2010] Game 03 - South Korea vs. Greece

[WC2010] Game 04 - Argentina vs. Nigeria

[WC2010] Game 05 - England vs. United States

I'll add the other ones in later posts as they are created.

I think it's because the Netherlands have a habit of blowing up in major tournaments which is shame really as i quite like the Dutch (that might have something to do with the kit they wore in the 80s :p )

They're quite notorious for that indeed. Most of the times they start off fantastically, and as soon as the pressure rises, they get their asses kicked.

I really wish USA would win a World Cup so Soccer could really kick off in the country.

I never thought I'd see an american saying this.

Do you know soccer is the most played sport at secondary-schools level leagues in USA? Usually the popularity ends at highschool leagues when am. football takes over.

And is the most popular sport at organized amateur level in all over US. Not a joke.

Does anyone else feel sorry for North Korea who'll have no fans cheering for them because their leader forbids them to travel abroad?

Does anyone else feel sorry for North Korea who'll have no fans cheering for them because their leader forbids them to travel abroad?

nope

I wish more people would cheer for DRK. I certinly am cheering for them, even if they have no chance.

it is a shame, every team should have support in the stadium!

*Waits for Denmark vs Netherlands thread*

I'll open that thread tomorrow, I don't think having threads for games that far into the future is that good of an idea.

I'll open that thread tomorrow, I don't think having threads for games that far into the future is that good of an idea.

Wouldn't call Monday "Far into the future" but that's okay :D

Wouldn't call Monday "Far into the future" but that's okay :D

OK, maybe it wasn't the best choice of words, but I'll try to keep it so that the most recent game threads are those of games occurring on the next day games are scheduled.

Feel free to comment on this "policy" as suggestions are welcome.

Also, it was suggested that I make the polls public and I think it's a good idea.

To the mods/devs: Is there any way to close a poll or even better, to have it expire at a certain time/date point at which there is no vote changing or new votes allowed? This would be useful to compare the pre-game expectations to what actually happened.

That should be an interesting game. :D

Indeed, just a shame the Danish team is really weak. Quite a few injured players, the coach has been under the weather the last few days and it's still uncertain

whether Bendtner will be ready or not - There's a lot of speculating going on and acting in the Danish camp, it appears they are putting on a show for the press.

So I'm pretty certain Netherlands will take that one :/

Indeed, just a shame the Danish team is really weak. Quite a few injured players, the coach has been under the weather the last few days and it's still uncertain

whether Bendtner will be ready or not - There's a lot of speculating going on and acting in the Danish camp, it appears they are putting on a show for the press.

So I'm pretty certain Netherlands will take that one :/

Oh that doesn't sound too good. Netherlands might dissapoint as well, so everything's possible I guess. :)

Looking forward to seeing it though.