• England
    • Germany
    • The Netherlands (Holland)
    • Italy (Current holders)
    • Brazil
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Other (Specify in post)
  2. 2. (Golden Boot) Who will be top scorer?

• Wayne Rooney (England)
    • David Villa (Spain)
    • Fernando Torres (Spain)
    • Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast)
    • Luis Fabiano (Brazil)
    • Lionel Messi (Argentina)
    • Kaka (Brazil)
    • Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
    • Thierry Henry (France)
    • Jermaine Defoe (England)
    • Other (Specify in post)

this sucks... :(

World Cup 2010 - Torres set to sit out opener

Reuters - Sun, 13 Jun 13:12:00 2010

Spain striker Fernando Torres is unlikely to feature in the European champions' opening World Cup Group H match against Switzerland according to coach Vicente del Bosque.

The striker looked to be near full fitness in training at Spain's base in Potchefstroom on Sunday as he continued his recovery from the knee surgery he had in April but caution seems to be the priority for the coach.

"I don't think he'll play the first match, although he is not ruled out either," Del Bosque said in an interview with Spanish television broadcaster Telecinco late on Saturday.

The former Real Madrid coach was more upbeat about Andres Iniesta, who tweaked a thigh muscle in Tuesday's crushing 6-0 win over Poland in a friendly in Murcia.

Creative midfielder Iniesta, a key member of the side, spent about half of Sunday's training session playing one-touch with his team mates before continuing his recuperation apart from the group as they practised attacking on one half of the pitch.

"I think he (Iniesta) could be available for the Switzerland match," Del Bosque told Telecinco.

Another Spain injury concern, midfielder Cesc Fabregas, told a post-training news conference on Sunday his recovery from a cracked bone in his leg was proceeding well.

"Every day I'm getting better and stronger," said the Arsenal captain, who missed the end of the Premier League season.

"I am feeling really confident and I can almost say that I am 100 percent," he added. "The good thing is that I am training with the team, I have not lost anything due to the physical problems and that's the best thing that can happen."

Can see England are ready to chuck it in.

Ledley King out, Milner had a Mare, Rooney looks asleep and as for the bogey man Green, what can one say, but jog on!

[/size]So you guys think Klose can break the world record and become the highest ever goal getter? He needs just 4 more.. Ghana just needs a draw against Aussies now and it's back to OZ land for them :p

[/size][/font]

if he can convert the chances, he had many yesterday and just kept tapping it wide

[/size]. Ghana just needs a draw against Aussies now and it's back to OZ land for them :p

[/size][/font]

If the english play the way they are now then it's back to ENGland for them.........(you see what i did there) :shiftyninja: :p

if the aussies get knocked out, i hope the dutch will at least make the semi's...:)

[/size]So you guys think Klose can break the world record and become the highest ever goal getter? He needs just 4 more.. Ghana just needs a draw against Aussies now and it's back to OZ land for them :p

[/size][/font]

If the germans will stay for several more games (until quarter finals) then yeah.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10322048.stm

Robbie Earle sacked over World Cup tickets

ITV World Cup pundit Robbie Earle has been sacked by the broadcaster after tickets for his family and friends were passed on to a third party.

ITV said a "substantial number" of tickets for the Denmark v Holland match on Monday had been passed on, breaching Fifa rules.

It has been claimed a block of tickets were used by a Dutch company for an "ambush marketing effort".

A spokesperson for Earle said a statement would be released shortly.

"Following claims by FIFA that official 2010 World Cup tickets may have been used for ambush marketing, ITV has reviewed its entire ticket allocation for the tournament," the TV network said in a statement.

"Immediate investigations indicated that a block of ITV tickets would appear to have been used for unauthorised purposes during the Holland v Denmark match.

"Further enquiries have revealed that a substantial number of tickets allocated to Robbie Earle for family and friends have been passed to a third party in breach of FIFA rules.

"As a result, Robbie Earle's contract with ITV has been terminated with immediate effect."

The announcement comes after officials ejected 36 women who were wearing orange mini-dresses during Holland's game against Denmark.

The women were accused of "ambush marketing" for a brand of beer.

Members of the group, accused of promoting a brand that is not one of the tournament's official sponsors, were found with tickets understood to have been part of Earle's allocation.

The tickets' terms and conditions stipulate they must not be passed on or sold to anyone else.

Earle, 45, an ambassador for England's 2018 World Cup bid, played for Wimbledon and Port Vale as well as for Jamaica in the 1998 World Cup.

Right, lets go and steal Andy Townsend tickets! ?One down, just one more to go!

oh god that guys everywhere!, there's a massive billboard in town with his face!

Right, lets go and steal Andy Townsend tickets! ?One down, just one more to go!

Steal Edgar Davids tickets as well would you? I like Edgar but he such a moody git sometimes :(

Steal Edgar Davids tickets as well would you? I like Edgar but he such a moody git sometimes :(

haha he does look like he's there because he's been told to and not because he wants to be

Domenech, who looked a dejected figure on the sidelines in Polokwane, told TF1: "I'm lost for words." "It's a real disappointment for those who believed in us. We did try but there was always something that didn't work.

"It's a real disappointment for those who believed in us.

luckily there weren't too many believers... :shifty:

let's see if what Germany did the first game can be repeated today