• England
    • Germany
    • The Netherlands (Holland)
    • Italy (Current holders)
    • Brazil
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Other (Specify in post)
  2. 2. (Golden Boot) Who will be top scorer?

• Wayne Rooney (England)
    • David Villa (Spain)
    • Fernando Torres (Spain)
    • Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast)
    • Luis Fabiano (Brazil)
    • Lionel Messi (Argentina)
    • Kaka (Brazil)
    • Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
    • Thierry Henry (France)
    • Jermaine Defoe (England)
    • Other (Specify in post)

I don't give a flying f about England since JT was striped of the captaincy,I support Brazil but Spain will probably win it.

you think he deserved to keep it? i think he shouldn't be on the team anymore for what he did.

you think he deserved to keep it? i think he shouldn't be on the team anymore for what he did.

I have to agree but Kostaz is a Chelsea fan so he's not going to be all hate on his clubs captain :p

I've gone for Spain and David Villa.

It's very hard to predict and I'm very excited about it all.

I'm just going to sit back with a pint or two in the sun and watch it all unfold.

Bliss :)

First England

Secondly Germany!

Third Australia

Fourth Ivory Coast or Ghana. Struggling here, perhaps North Korea?

The last 4 group fixtures days, there are 4 matches being played in two time slots. I'm pretty peeved at that! I'd at least expect three time slots.

I don't think it has anything to do with his captaincy and he's still a better on-pitch leader than Rio but after that thing blew out of proportion I'm sure Capello had no choice

1. Spain ( All great players in 1 team )

2. Brazil / Argentina ( U can't neglect these 2 teams )

3.England ( Great players, but still i doubt they can win the cup ) . . . . .England was great on cards even in 06' world cup.

Golden boot >>>> MESSI , VILLA

Germany's provisional 27-man World Cup squad:

Goalkeepers: Hans-Jorg Butt (Bayern Munich), Manuel Neuer (Schalke 04), Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen)

Defenders: Per Mertesacker (Werder Bremen), Heiko Westermann (Schalke 04), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Jerome Boateng (Hamburg), Andreas Beck (Hoffenheim), Arne Friedrich (Hertha Berlin), Serdar Tasci (Stuttgart), Marcell Jansen (Hamburg), Holger Badstuber (Bayern Munich), Dennis Aogo (Hamburg).

Midfielders: Michael Ballack (Chelsea/ENG), Sami Khedira (Stuggart), Piotr Trochowski (Hamburg), Marko Marin (Werder Bremen), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Christian Trasch (Stuttgart), Mesut Ozil (Werder Bremen), Toni Kroos (Bayer Leverkusen).

Forwards: Lukas Podolski (Cologne), Miroslav Klose (Bayern Munich), Stefan Kiessling (Bayer Leverkusen), Cacau (Stuttgart), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Mario Gomez (Bayern Munich).

Come on guys seriously ? England ? Wayne Rooney ? :D Brazil FTW ! :blush:

The US team already wrecked the Brazil team. Although no Russia and no Morocco leaves me with no one to root for in this World Cup.

Fabio Capello intends to select Jamie Carragher in England's provisional 30-man squad for the World Cup after the Liverpool defender indicated a willingness to come out of international retirement for the tournament in South Africa.

Carragher made himself unavailable for selection after the friendly against Brazil in the summer of 2007 having grown frustrated at a perceived lack of opportunities in his favoured centre-half role. Capello's predecessor, Steve McClaren, failed to persuade him to change his mind and the defender also politely declined when the current manager revisited the issue on his appointment over two years ago.

The defender, capped 34 times, had preferred to concentrate on club commitments and has been a consistently fine performer for Liverpool over the last decade. Yet Capello and England's general manager, Franco Baldini, who are braced to be without their first-choice defensive midfielder, Gareth Barry, at the finals because of an ankle injury, became aware of a shift in Carragher's stance and have seen an opportunity to integrate more experience into their squad.

The 32-year-old has been sounded out over a possible return and, although the situation is still delicate, Capello is intent upon picking him for his initial 30-man party, to be named on Tuesday, ahead of the pre-tournament training camp in Austria. Carragher's worth as a seasoned centre-half is clear and is more significant because Rio Ferdinand and Ledley King, who will also be in the squad, have struggled with injuries.

Gotta go for England on this one. We probably have our strongest squad in ages going into this World Cup and I'd just be happy to see us past the quarters.

England's 30-man provisional squad for the World Cup finals:

Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green, Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock, Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

Pretty solid looking squad that.. glad to see Carra back..

Heskey...really? :angry:

There're just taking him along for the ride.. he'll just on the bench and maybe play the easier teams where we won't risk the better players..

There're just taking him along for the ride.. he'll just on the bench and maybe play the easier teams where we won't risk the better players..

nah he'll play him alongside rooney because he's capellos favourite ;)