Auto expire Subscribers (was) broke

Thanks to reports from subscriber/members we found out that the auto-expire service for subscriptions was broke and not expiring accounts that had expired between 15th of January and today.

It was 35 accounts!

Redmak has run a tool to expire those accounts that have in some cases enjoyed almost an extra 2 and a half months of subscription at our expense ;)

So if you found yourself back in Registered today, this is why.

Again thanks everyone for your continued support to Neowin and we hope to see you don the orange badge again soon!

Thanks for the reminder. Re-Subbed to Tier 2 now that I can. I did try to sub to Tier 2 when I had Tier 1 but my PM's to staff were never answered. Shame because you would have got money from me much earlier than today! :blush:

Thanks for the reminder. Re-Subbed to Tier 2 now that I can. I did try to sub to Tier 2 when I had Tier 1 but my PM's to staff were never answered. Shame because you would have got money from me much earlier than today! :blush:

Maybe you PM'd the wrong person ;) Nice to see you back in the mix tho Vice! (Y)

Maybe you PM'd the wrong person ;) Nice to see you back in the mix tho Vice! (Y)

I PM'd Redmak. Like you told us to do in the post about Subscriber2 when it first came out. You said PM him and he would tell us how to do it. I PM'd him and got no reply.

Quote you:

Guys, anyone wanting to upgrade to the No Ad subscriber group whilst already on a current subscription can do so manually by requesting it to Redmak.

Please do not attempt to buy the new package while you already have an active subscription

Not being funny, but i have been a subscriber for almost 3 years now and only paid once...

I did PM a few times to various mods etc over the years, but got no response.

Im not complaining, but thought i should let you know... Dont know what is so special about me :)

My Sub has been removed, even tho I just won one!

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/873648-10-tier2-upgrade-winners/

:(

My old tier 1 sub *did* expire but I did create a thread about it way before the winner thingy

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/872800-expired-sub-not-expiring/

Edit: Sub is still listed as "Your current sub" in my control panel with the status "paid"

Not being funny, but i have been a subscriber for almost 3 years now and only paid once...

Im not complaining, but thought i should let you know... Dont know what is so special about me :)

you are in the same boat as me back in the day, I subbed in 2004 and never lost it but I was told there was an error in the DB and it was never corrected :laugh:

you are in the same boat as me back in the day, I subbed in 2004 and never lost it but I was told there was an error in the DB and it was never corrected :laugh:

Oh well. Im not complaining about the extra "perks" for free :D, however, i just dont want them to suddenly ban me for it or something :(

lol, i got an email saying i was goign to expire in a couple hours ( east coast ), so im back in as Sub

*Edit, nvm, my sub was up normal, checked my Paypal transfer date.

less then 24 hours notice before normal expiration blows

My Sub has been removed, even tho I just won one!

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/873648-10-tier2-upgrade-winners/

:(

My old tier 1 sub *did* expire but I did create a thread about it way before the winner thingy

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/872800-expired-sub-not-expiring/

Edit: Sub is still listed as "Your current sub" in my control panel with the status "paid"

I fixed it for you - sorry for the inconvenience

I had 2 months free :) I was one of the people who admitted to it, but i didn't get expired. Just re-subbed and gone to tier 2.

Thanks for the freebies :) Now go enjoy my addition to the beer fund :)

Resubbing ftw! It's so quick and easy too :)

I went for Tier 1 because ads frankly don't bother me - though I'm unsure which is eventually more beneficial to Neowin, more ad pageviews or the bulk payment.

Fixed ;)

Seems we may need to investigate a little further..

I think im all set until Feb 2011, ill just resub then, I like my orange badge :)