Auto expire Subscribers (was) broke

Can you guys not produce your paypal receipt like I did? That should be more than enough proof of a mid-subscription upgrade I think.

Can you guys not produce your paypal receipt like I did? That should be more than enough proof of a mid-subscription upgrade I think.

Just did that.

PayPal Transaction ID's are 89872674K1971171B and 4FJ031689D5900429. They shouldn't need it though, their orriginal records were corect - they just seem to have forgotten about the people that manually upgraded.

I think Mephistopheles is right.

For example - I subscribed on the 8th June 2008 which would have expired on the 8th June 2009 but on the 26th March 2009 I paid 20 euros to upgrade to Tier 2.

Therefore the promise was to compensate those that upgraded mid-subscription you would extend their tier 2 subscription by the difference of the date of the manual upgrade and the old subscribtion expiry date. Therefore my Tier 2 should expire on the 8th June 2010 (74 days after 26 March 2010) which is what your records show.

Fixed

Re-subscribed. Couldn't miss the babes topic... did I say that out load? D'oh! :)

ssshhhhhh its a secret! :whistle:

I think Mephistopheles is right.

For example - I subscribed on the 8th June 2008 which would have expired on the 8th June 2009 but on the 26th March 2009 I paid 20 euros to upgrade to Tier 2.

Therefore the promise was to compensate those that upgraded mid-subscription you would extend their tier 2 subscription by the difference of the date of the manual upgrade and the old subscribtion expiry date. Therefore my Tier 2 should expire on the 8th June 2010 (74 days after 26 March 2010) which is what your records show.

I remember this (will look for the post later)

We are looking into this and it will be fixed, but it takes time to get all the data for each user. It would help us (and speed up the process) if you could send us your receipts.

I remember this (will look for the post later)

We are looking into this and it will be fixed, but it takes time to get all the data for each user. It would help us (and speed up the process) if you could send us your receipts.

Neobond has the receipts, I can send you them as well if you like.

I have the same issue as Mephistopheles, I got a tier 1 sub on the 5th of August 2008 and then paid the €20 for a tier 2 sub on the 27th of March 2009. The deal was that a year would be added to our current sub. You state it in this thread at least https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/748634-ad-free-subscriber-group-to-be-implemented/

What email address should I forward my Paypal receipt to?

Neobond has the receipts, I can send you them as well if you like.

I know now what happened, when you left staff you were manually put back in the Tier 1 sub, which should have expired in 16 Oct 2009

You then "upgraded" on 26 March 2009 to Tier 2 which expired 2 days ago.

I know now what happened, when you left staff you were manually put back in the Tier 1 sub, which should have expired in 16 Oct 2009

You then "upgraded" on 26 March 2009 to Tier 2 which expired 2 days ago.

No. I was put back into the Registered group after the demotion, which took place in August 2008. Then purchased a Tier 1 sub on October 16, 2008. Upgraded to Tier 2 on March 26, 2009.

No. I was put back into the Registered group after the demotion, which took place in August 2008. Then purchased a Tier 1 sub on October 16, 2008. Upgraded to Tier 2 on March 26, 2009.

OK extended.. Tier 1 should have ended indeed on Oct 2009 which is when the Tier 2 would have kicked in.

Sorry for the confusion.

Just to elaborate guys, we had major problems with the subscriptions not auto-expiring, this was fixed on Friday, but the "upgraders" weren't accounted for..

That's what you call rapid support! :p Nice.

Yeah no-one needs to lose out here, and we're trying to get to the bottom of it.

I'll get him to confirm it/post stuff but I think https://www.neowin.net/forum/user/49389-coldgunner/ is affected as well. He took advantage of the same deal that Mephistopheles did.

I've messaged him but he's AFK...

Yep I have set all upgraders back to Tier 2.. As it stands the system should be correct now.