Auto expire Subscribers (was) broke

Um. I bought a Tier 2 subscription update when it was launched; the subscription was to be valid until October 2010.

Just now I received the following email:

Mephistopheles,

You have been sent this email as your subscription payment has been completed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Details

Date: Today, 13:09

Package:

Cost:

Expires: --

This email is for your information only and no further action is required.

You can manage your subscriptions here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?s=0&app=subscriptions&

... while my subscription seems to have run out on the forum.

What's going on, folks?

I bought upgrade to Sub2, (27 March 2009), and sub1 (29 January 2009) on the promise that the sub2 would merely *extend* our time. Now it seems like I've been shafted from having my sub1 package... I know it's not alot of money and it's technically a donation etc, but I'm poor now and I liked having a yellow badge :(

Thanks alot, but I don't think I'll be subscribing again...

Oh wait, so when we first subscribed it was for a year, not two?

Edit: i'll happily resub if I need to, but I thought Tier 2 meant 2 years?

Yes, for some reason a bunch of subscriptions were set to TWO years, no-one was shafted here.

This probably is another glitch with the upgrade.

Sorry for the inconvenience but its not fair on other subscribers that some were getting two years when everyone else paid for one year.

Anyone that can email me proof that their sub is NOT actually expired please PM me, or email the subscription confirmation at neobond [at] neowin . net

Thanks.

What on earth is going on? First I get the email below making me think I've been auto-charged for something

TCLN Ryster, You have been sent this email as your subscription payment has been completed.

Details

Date: Today, 13:09

Package:

Cost:

Expires: --

This email is for your information only and no further action is required.

You can manage your subscriptions here: http://www.neowin.ne...=subscriptions&

I paid for my upgrade to tier 2 in October 2009. It should not have expired already. Please fix this.

Dear Ryan Spooner,

Your payment for ?15.00 EUR to subscribe@neowin.net has been sent.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activitylist on your Account Overview.

Payment details

Amount: ?15.00 EUR

Transaction Date: 9 Oct. 2009

Transaction ID: 3GP05828NM727615Y

Subject: You've got funds.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Your monthly account statement is available anytime; just log in to your account at https://www.paypal.c...cr?cmd=_history.

To correct any errors, please contact us through our Help Centre at https://www.paypal.c...cmd=_contact_us.

Apologies TCLN Ryster yours has been fixed.

Same here, I paid 20 euro's Apr. 8, 2009.

12 July '08 it says.

Heres a history, you can see the last transaction for whatever reason was given two years instead of one.. So you haven't lost out at all really.

post-2-12697762819799.png

Steve, so the Tier 2 subbies were for one year only? (also, if it is, please put that in the subscription link)

Edit - didnt read the other page's post.

Resubbing now, please re-add my shiney gold tier2 badge :p

Apologies TCLN Ryster yours has been fixed.

12 July '08 it says.

Not quite. You've given me back Tier 1 when I should be on Tier 2. Your own screenshot shows I was on Tier 2.

EditL you beat me to it and fixed that while I was writing this. Thanks. :)

Yeah again apologies, fixed..

All subs are for one year.. it's always been that way..

again sorry for the inconvenience, but look on the bright side, some got more than they paid for..

Neobond: According to that list mine still has until October left...

I tried explaining clearly already, you can see that for whatever reason the period was from 16 Oct 2008 until 16 Oct 2010.. TWO years, this is incorrect, it should be one.. and we are fixing these irregularities.

Steve, Marcel, you guys are gunna send me broke :p

Well worth it tho haha

I tried explaining clearly already, you can see that for whatever reason the period was from 16 Oct 2008 until 16 Oct 2010.. TWO years, this is incorrect, it should be one.. and we are fixing these irregularities.

Um. I purchased a Tier 1 sub on Oct 16, 2008. Upgraded to Tier 2 with the promise of 'buy the upgrade now, get 1 year + the rest of your current sub.'

Um. I purchased a Tier 1 sub on Oct 16, 2008. Upgraded to Tier 2 with the promise of 'buy the upgrade now, get 1 year + the rest of your current sub.'

post-2-12697764662626.png

Are you sure because there is no record of that.. as you can see from the dates It seems you didn't upgrade at all or there would be a record of it..

You were also on staff for a while, are you sure you're not confusing the groups here?

Tier 1 - blah blah blah

Tier 2 - Enhanced Service, Blog & Ad free!

Aside from supporting Neowin with the annual running costs you get:

Your own hosted blog.

Unlimited edit time for your topic titles & posts.

Boosts PM storage to 200 messages, allows PM attachments and up to 10 participants per conversation.

Removes flood control.

Raises the upload limit for attachments to 4mb (per post).

Allows you to give out 20 rep points daily.

Includes a private & support forum.

Sneak peaks and testing of new features being added to Neowin.

Choose from 5 Neowin domain related email accounts (instead of 2).

All advertising removed professionally by Neowin.

Plus your online member name status is updated to orange with a shiny badge!

Please note: these subscriptions are for 1 year only. After that, you can either support us by allowing the advertising or resubscribe!

*points to bold and underline*

please add to clear up any future confusion :)

I think Mephistopheles is right.

For example - I subscribed on the 8th June 2008 which would have expired on the 8th June 2009 but on the 26th March 2009 I paid 20 euros to upgrade to Tier 2.

Therefore the promise was to compensate those that upgraded mid-subscription you would extend their tier 2 subscription by the difference of the date of the manual upgrade and the old subscribtion expiry date. Therefore my Tier 2 should expire on the 8th June 2010 (74 days after 26 March 2010) which is what your records show.

He's only going off what he can see. If it was some sort of agreement and not part of the system then... check PM's? But they were all deleted a while back. :shiftyninja:

post-2-12697764662626.png

Are you sure because there is no record of that.. as you can see from the dates It seems you didn't upgrade at all or there would be a record of it..

You were also on staff for a while, are you sure you're not confusing the groups here?

I'm positive that I upgraded. Check your email - I forwarded you the confirmation of the Tier 1 sub I purchased in 2008 and the upgrade I purchased in March 2009.