Show us your workstations!

So... I guess I don't have pics or anything, but I just finished setting up my newest computer. It's an IBM 8215-MUB (ThinkCentre), actually pretty standard (got it on superdiscount, I know people at IBM) but with added RAM for a total of 3GB. I just installed ArchBang Linux on it, for playing around, not sure if that's the distro I will keep just yet.

Anyway, the cool part. I got a new 25.5 inch Samsung SyncMaster T260 HD TV/monitor for my birthday last month. It's on my dresser with the PC behind it, and I just got my wireless keyboard and mouse today. A few adjustments to the display so I can read it from 10 feet away, and I can work from the comfort of my bed :D

I guess that's nothing spectacular compared to what some of you guys have. I've never been able to afford really cool setups, though, and I'm having a lot of fun with this so far. Maybe I'll try to take some pictures once I get the desktop customized just right and, erm, clean this room a bit. Not that it's messy or anything. :whistle:

Now I have to post a pic including my newly purchased Eee PC!

I bought it off a friend, £30 with Windows XP, had been upgraded to 2GB RAM and has an 8GB SD card in it. 4GB SSD model, white. Very nice.

That's a pretty setup, it makes me wish I had the money for a nice sexy Mac Pro right now...

Anyone looking for a web designer or something? I could very much use the $$! lol.. just saying!

Professionally equals $$$$

Just Functional equals $

The pipe goes to a 250 m3/hour bathroom ventilator. Sliced 10 ?C of my CPU.

My office gets pretty hot from my computer, been thinking about doing something similar... Did you just cut a hole through the wall and vent the heat outside? I've been considering it, maybe something like a dryer exhaust hose attached to a hole in my pc box, could just stick a fan in the hose and pull all the hot air out.

Cutting the hole is the main problem though, don't know how that would turn out. :p

Don't have my Digital Cam at the moment here's a quick MS Paint fo what my workstation looks like.

imgvd.png

EPIC! Hilarious dude!laugh.gif

Don't have my Digital Cam at the moment here's a quck MS Paint fo what my workstation looks like.

imgvd.png

LOL.

I have an U-shaped desk. It is in my gallery. I have posted my workstation on here back in January and not much changes since then.

I keep my desk forever. Even if it get broken, I can repair it myself. I noticed that the stores are no longer having those kind of desks for the price that I paid for. Corporate based desks are too expensive. L-shaped desks are too small for me for my daily needs.

Don't have my Digital Cam at the moment here's a quick MS Paint fo what my workstation looks like.

AHAHAHAHA that was brilliant!!!

Well... this is my little "Personal Data Center" :) Plan to upgrade to a dual 24" setup (or maybe even triple 24") very soon.

post-76471-12745409052949.jpg

post-76471-12745409241413.jpg

post-76471-12745409415432.jpg

~snip

Very nice, I do love the Apple keyboard, very sleek.

Hopefully I'm going to get some new furniture over the summer so I'll take a new shot then.

Very nice, I do love the Apple keyboard, very sleek.

Hopefully I'm going to get some new furniture over the summer so I'll take a new shot then.

Thanks very much! And yeah it's a great keyboard, I find it a dream to type on.

Thanks very much! And yeah it's a great keyboard, I find it a dream to type on.

Yeah I would contemplate getting one only I'm on Windows and you have to remap keys and what not to get it working which would be too much hassle, I'd rather buy something and have it work straight away. :p

At the moment I'm using Microsoft's Wireless Keyboard 3000 which is nice, but it's kinda noisy to type on unfortunately. I'm contemplating getting myself a diNovo for Notebooks by Logitech though. That's just as nice. Picture of the keyboard is below.

microsoft-wireless-keyboard-3000.jpg

Awesome, we know what your MacBook and monitor look like in dimmer lighting than what can be found in stock images online, but we have no idea what your "Workstation" looks like at all.

Way to be artistic - Innovation is this way: www.deviantart.com

Well... this is my little "Personal Data Center" :) Plan to upgrade to a dual 24" setup (or maybe even triple 24") very soon.

Wait wait...

Do you have a rack cabinet in your room?

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Awesome, we know what your MacBook and monitor look like in dimmer lighting than what can be found in stock images online, but we have no idea what your "Workstation" looks like at all.

Way to be artistic - Innovation is this way: www.deviantart.com

I can see his workstation just fine. Stop trolling the thread looking for a response and stop complaining about the way he took his photos. They're fine.

• Like 2