Show us your workstations!

Got most of the details from this thread, but one other. Kinda weird. Where did you get your bed blanket thing..it's nice..

Bed Bath and Beyond! I think.

Its hilarious (in a pathetic way) how people will lay out every damned piece of electronics they own when they take a pic of their "workstations"

Its pretty obvious how everything is laid out, lined-up, and "on display"

This isn't a show-n-tell - we want to see people's desks/workstations/computers -- not their lame ass motorola, and some puny pathetic ipod nano :rolleyes:

Can you take a few pictures for me? I cant seem to find good shots on it online, like pictures of the top and the front of the laptop. Thanks! :D

you cant take pictures of ideapads, they will instantly fall apart upon sight of the camera flash - they are junk -- dont confuse them with the ThinkPads which are the best/most reliable laptops on the market.

ideapads - plastic

ThinkPad - titanium & magnesium alloy

nuff said

No changes, only moved my case and placed it on the floor... :)

desk1.jpg

desk2.jpg

desk3.jpg

desk4.jpg

desk5.jpg

Its hilarious (in a pathetic way) how people will lay out every damned piece of electronics they own when they take a pic of their "workstations"

Its pretty obvious how everything is laid out, lined-up, and "on display"

This isn't a show-n-tell - we want to see people's desks/workstations/computers -- not their lame ass motorola, and some puny pathetic ipod nano :rolleyes:

What we don't want is, posts by whiny people ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

what you see:

- temp pc (waiting for new rig)

- samsung p2250

- eee (900)

- (6 euro) speakers

- 2 x USB HDD (iomega and a sitecom with a samsung drive)

- logitech keyboard / sweex mouse

- HTC Legend / HTC Magic and not really visible above the Magic, my HTC Diamond

2nd pic:

Wii - 26" TV - Xbox360 - IPTV settopbox

FrankieSittingAtDesk.jpg

It's a bit of a mess, but.. it's nice my new cat decided to finally stake a home on my desk within arms reach.

No changes, only moved my case and placed it on the floor... :)

What we don't want is, posts by whiny people ;)

perfect example ^^

perfect example ^^

That how my desk and room is, I can't concentrate with alot of stuff laying around ;) Next time I will put my used socks and underwear on the table and take the picture to make you happy ;)

This is for you my friend

Wow, you guys make me feel like I should tidy my desk :p

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

fd312.jpg

Very nice setups though, esp. your collection of posters Louisville ^^

You so reminded me of my setup & desk condition when i was studying in the UK. From time to time i dig messy desktops, they're so convenient :D

@trek: Would be nice to have my laptop closed while connected to an external, but it can't be done. Mainly because it automatically shuts off the display but also because it gets quite warm.

@trek: Would be nice to have my laptop closed while connected to an external, but it can't be done. Mainly because it automatically shuts off the display but also because it gets quite warm.

Your settings must be wrong. You should be able to use your laptop (minus the heat issue) closed while the external display remains on.

lol TamilBoy86, funny that you post up your workstation because I was going to make a request for you to post it. good timing.

although i'm still against having a macbook as a 24/7 windows notebook. :whistle:

lol TamilBoy86, funny that you post up your workstation because I was going to make a request for you to post it. good timing.

although i'm still against having a macbook as a 24/7 windows notebook. :whistle:

lol... MacBook Pro + Win 7 is the best combination I'v ever had :D :cool:, its still a pc inside :p

lol... MacBook Pro + Win 7 is the best combination I'v ever had :D :cool:, its still a pc inside :p

But why do you do that? You could've gotten a PC for much MUCH less with similar specs, if not better. All you're paying for is the brand, the poor design/heat, and OS X.

But why do you do that? You could've gotten a PC for much MUCH less with similar specs, if not better. All you're paying for is the brand, the poor design/heat, and OS X.

Quality build.... I'v seen my friends Dell, HP, my sisters 2xHP and my 2xAcer... all of them **** quality, and always some problems... noisy plastik cases, crappy design... MacBook Pro on the other hand looks great, alu-case, simple clean design, thin, great battery life and powerfull in the same time... I don't like OS X, the way you shift around with windows and application sucks big time and the dock is crap too, I work much faster in windows, especially Windows 7(superbar :D)... I haven't had any heat issuse with mine yet... My sister is also going to buy a MacBook Pro 13" this month and will be using Win 7 on it, she got tired of her HP laptops :p

there are some seriously impressive desktops here (so clean :o)

hopefully one day i'll get around to cleaning mine up and posting

the battery in windows 7 is worse than it is in OSX, from what i've read.

Its really good :woot: .. maybe people should learn to dim the screen and set it to power saver mode or balanced mode :p... it doesn't automaticly dim the screen in windows like it does in OS X.....

If you're looking at the MBP rather than the Macbook, have you considered looking at real professional PC laptops instead of consumer garbage? Lenovo Thinkpad, DELL Precision, and HP Elitebook and Probook models all come to mind and are exceptional in build quality compared with DELL and HPs consumer lines which are much like the macbook.

If you're looking at the MBP rather than the Macbook, have you considered looking at real professional PC laptops instead of consumer garbage? Lenovo Thinkpad, DELL Precision, and HP Elitebook and Probook models all come to mind and are exceptional in build quality compared with DELL and HPs consumer lines which are much like the macbook.

Agreed, and if you take care of your laptop, it will last. My Compaq has been humming along for 6 years, and I've accidentally dropped it once (it was padded drop though). That thing is a 6 pound brick, and build quality is great, no flex on the chasis. Thinkpad though...not even Apple can touch them. I have a Dell Latitude E6500, and surprisingly it's built really well, and easily blazes through a day with 6-7 hours of battery with WiFi/Bluetooth on.