Show us your workstations!

Have not posted my setup for a while... Might as well, though be warned it is a mess.. Currently paying ?40 a week to live here, its a bargain. Was going to move into a nicer place but id rather pay less so I can save up to get my own flat quicker. :)

29vctgh.jpg

Ignore the quality, i only have the camera on my HTC hero and it is dark in here..

If you're looking at the MBP rather than the Macbook, have you considered looking at real professional PC laptops instead of consumer garbage? Lenovo Thinkpad, DELL Precision, and HP Elitebook and Probook models all come to mind and are exceptional in build quality compared with DELL and HPs consumer lines which are much like the macbook.

They might have good build quality but they are really ugly :x .. I really hate the Thinkpad design, the most boring design ever. I would rather buy the White MacBook.... MBP = Quality build + Super Design thats why I bought it, and Im more than happy with it... ;)

I took alot of care with both of my old Acer laptop, not even a scratch... 1 year and it gave me problems... So did my sisters HP...

+1

They calculate the battery life by disabling pretty much everything that consumes power. This includes:

- Disabling WiFi, Bluetooth

- Backlight on dimmest setting

- No applications running

Of course, everyone uses WiFi, and probably runs applications on their laptops too, so actual battery life probably won't be as high.

The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing various websites and editing text in a word processing document with display brightness set to 50%.

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/battery/

We just moved into a new house and I have new office furniture so I figured I'd post for my first time my workstation!

Disclaimer: Pictures taken with my new Nexus One (!) so the quality isn't exceptional.

post-236153-12732917004861.jpg

post-236153-12732917095311.jpg

post-236153-12732917207347.jpg

And two of my cat Neo because he was being photogenic.

post-236153-12732917366038.jpg

post-236153-12732917921117.jpg

yeah his beard is HUGE now. I seen him in an interview the other day on some ABC news show and it was long and thick.

This is my little cave

post-169609-127336967992.jpg

[=:DSC08880.JPG]

dude drinking dlass on laptop balancing on its edge.. thats more ballsy than i choose to live :p

dude drinking dlass on laptop balancing on its edge.. thats more ballsy than i choose to live :p

Lol. That laptop has survived a house fire. Nothing can destroy it. :)

@Quick Shot

Why do i get a feeling you prefer laptops over desktop computer? :p

How many of those ever leave the house? And how often? :p

@Quick Shot

Why do i get a feeling you prefer laptops over desktop computer? :p

How many of those ever leave the house? And how often? :p

Just because it doesn't leave the house doesn't mean it isn't a reason to choose a laptop. I like having the ability to sit anywhere in the house and use my computer, the sofa, my bed in my bedroom. Just that extra freedom is great.

To be able to sit away from the desk is the main bonus.

I have a few desktops in my basement. I keep them there because it's always cool down there and I have a problem with overheating =) I take my netbook everywhere I go. Even grocery shopping. :p

Here's my current, nothing exciting here at Uni except for the router allowing me to sit on my bed with my laptop, removing the constraints of the wire and the desk :)

Yes, my laptop has a Centrino 2 and a Vista sticker on it, but it has a C2D and Windows 7 in/on it ;)

P1000687.JPG

I posted earlier, but took some newer photos.

You must have read my mind - I thought how beautiful the room looked and was wondering how it would look in the day...

I think it's even better. :)

Its really good :woot: .. maybe people should learn to dim the screen and set it to power saver mode or balanced mode :p... it doesn't automaticly dim the screen in windows like it does in OS X.....

I find that too with mine, and unless you manually dim the battery life is poor. Its a shame as I really like my MacBook but Bootcamp is becoming a bit of a pain so I might end up going back to a Windows laptop.

We just moved into a new house and I have new office furniture so I figured I'd post for my first time my workstation!

Disclaimer: Pictures taken with my new Nexus One (!) so the quality isn't exceptional.

And two of my cat Neo because he was being photogenic.

post-236153-12732917366038.jpg

post-236153-12732917921117.jpg

MOAR OF THE CAT!

MOAR OF THE CAT!

PUSSYcat fetish?

Sorry... I just had to. LOL!

and if I get a warning or infraction... oh it was worth it.

I haven't done anything with my cables from moving things around as they are talking about replacing the carpet. I plan to tidy them up afterwards when I can secure them good.

post-6816-12735536466645.jpg