[Official] Medal of Honor

SP really wound up being a bit better then it initially looked like it was going to be. Was definitely a few very enjoyable moments, the ride in the Apache helicopter being the most memorable. I also cannot remember when I beat a SP campaign so shortly after release, so I honestly did not mind the short length. I guess if all I had to do was game, and I beat it in a day which I could easily see people doing, I would probably be pretty upset, but considering my gaming time is extremely limited these days, it felt like a pretty good length.

It actually shows some promise, so I am going to go out on a limb here and say they without a doubt should be given the chance to make another one.

I also plan on giving MP a whirl when I can, so we will see how that pans out.

That's good to hear (Y) I loved what I saw of the singleplayer, but I can't really justify spending money on it, personally. I hope Danger Close gets to keep going, though, because it does look like there's promise there -- they just had to rush things. A lot of former Command & Conquer developers have said that's the biggest problem with EA -- they can make good games, but they don't get enough development time to make great games.

That's good to hear (Y) I loved what I saw of the singleplayer, but I can't really justify spending money on it, personally. I hope Danger Close gets to keep going, though, because it does look like there's promise there -- they just had to rush things. A lot of former Command & Conquer developers have said that's the biggest problem with EA -- they can make good games, but they don't get enough development time to make great games.

There are definitely without any doubt in my mind instances of what could have been a very, very good game. I really feel that given proper time, it could have been much, much better.

I also just checked out MP before I go out to dinner with my in-laws for my brother in laws birthday, only played 3 rounds, and perhaps it is because I am playing the PC version, but nothing seemed to stand out as being horribly wrong about it at all. Meaning it seemed perfectly ordinary to me. Nothing about it at all makes it stand out above the competition, but nothing about it at all also said horrible MP to me either. I encountered zero lag, hit detection seemed okay (meaning if I aimed at someone and fired I hit them, never once felt like a shot did not register), so while I do not see myself being in a situation of feeling like "I just have to play it," I will definitely fire it up a few more times and have some fun. It is very, very minimal though, so I can see that as being a big downside to people who have come to expect more, especially with unlocks and ranking up, but I never felt as if it was broken, which is what I have read others say. :blink:

Dirty Larry... SP was indeed pretty good overall... I guess my issue with it was ocassional glitches that cause you to restart the mission or whatever and the shortness of it.. but I definitely liked it quite a bit.

It's one of those things that would have been kick ass if it was 6-8 hours at least. But I beat it in 4 hours on hard. So it was a bit dissapointing there.

But man.. some moments eh?

My memorable one is Rangers and the ambush. Just before Gunfighters level. Man, I freakin' yelled out "HELL YEAAAH" outloud :) That was some intense level.

Then I loved the sniping levels, I love the chopper one..

The story was pretty awesome to be honest..

I am recording a singleplayer experience and will cut it with my gameplay (as an actor) and try to mix it up so it would look like a movie with gameplay and all..

I liked singleplayer quite a bit after I finished it. It grew on me.. I would definitely give Danger Close another chance and see what they do with the next Medal Of Honor.. but I expect it to be pretty good.

Multiplayer is also growing on me.. I mean my major 2 problems right now are SNIPERS and hit detection.. if they patch that and make snipers kill with 1 shot head, or 2+ shots body I think that would solve the sniping problem. Hit detection is a much bigger problem on Xbox 360. That's something that really can tick people off including me. If they manage to fix that I'll like the MP much more.

I do however think that everything in MP is crap except COMBAT MISSION.. I Love that.. when you have a good team it's super awesome and intense.. It feels much more immersive than MW2 for exmaple and I actually appreciate a lot when I get killstreaks. That's something you ahve to reallly really work hard for.

I don't know if you are on Xbox 360, but if you are, add me and we can play together.. I'm Bozster on XBL.

I also just checked out MP before I go out to dinner with my in-laws for my brother in laws birthday, only played 3 rounds, and perhaps it is because I am playing the PC version, but nothing seemed to stand out as being horribly wrong about it at all. Meaning it seemed perfectly ordinary to me. Nothing about it at all makes it stand out above the competition, but nothing about it at all also said horrible MP to me either. I encountered zero lag, hit detection seemed okay (meaning if I aimed at someone and fired I hit them, never once felt like a shot did not register), so while I do not see myself being in a situation of feeling like "I just have to play it," I will definitely fire it up a few more times and have some fun. It is very, very minimal though, so I can see that as being a big downside to people who have come to expect more, especially with unlocks and ranking up, but I never felt as if it was broken, which is what I have read others say. :blink:

Dirty Larry..that's because they patched the PC version. They improved anti-cheating and net code. I think they balanced it a bit too as snipers don't really kill as easily on PC version. Before the patch it was a DISASTER. So they knew that.. that's why they patched it so quickly.

I have PC version too.. add me there (just saw you have PC version).. My soldier name is Bozster too..

I like PC version MUCH MUCH better than console one. This one feels a lot more balanced now.. and I actually only saw 2 hackers tonight and they left after 1 round. So it's either they left or the new system booted them. Either way, I had a blast tonight in MP, to be honest.

I really hope they don't allow Danger Close to make another Single-Player portion of a game, let alone a full game. Yes we can blame the shoddiness on time constraints and whatnot but there's lots of development decisions that drag the game down. Stuff like the progression through the level is completely unbearable, shoot 5 guys, walk 3 meters and then you have to wait for your team to execute scripted even #3021 to kick open a door and remove some obstacle. Everything is done with so little flair and passion, calling in air ordinance is done so fast, so cheaply you don't even get the sense of planes are actually delivering these explosions. This game is script hell.

There is not a single area where you go, "Hey, could have been so nice had they <Insert>", feels like the game and all the features are so far from target, it's hard to point out issues that would be good with a bit of polish.

Perhaps that's just me? I just don't see the potential in Danger Close from Medal of Honor to let them go and potentially screw up another game.

I dunno about multiplayer but singleplayer was an awesome experience for me - and what an awesome soundtrack and general sounds this game has!

Yeah a few glitches where you had to restart mission but otherwise I had a blast :yes:

Headshots are so satisfying

EDIT: Played on PC

I really hope they don't allow Danger Close to make another Single-Player portion of a game, let alone a full game. Yes we can blame the shoddiness on time constraints and whatnot but there's lots of development decisions that drag the game down. Stuff like the progression through the level is completely unbearable, shoot 5 guys, walk 3 meters and then you have to wait for your team to execute scripted even #3021 to kick open a door and remove some obstacle. Everything is done with so little flair and passion, calling in air ordinance is done so fast, so cheaply you don't even get the sense of planes are actually delivering these explosions. This game is script hell.

There is not a single area where you go, "Hey, could have been so nice had they <Insert>", feels like the game and all the features are so far from target, it's hard to point out issues that would be good with a bit of polish.

Perhaps that's just me? I just don't see the potential in Danger Close from Medal of Honor to let them go and potentially screw up another game.

Funny, I thought the exact same thing about DICE.

So it sounds just like COD single player then :pinch:

Funny, I thought the exact same thing about DICE.

Oh I agree, don't like DICE at all.

So it sounds just like COD single player then :pinch:

Except Call of Duty's Multiplayer is where the cream is, Medal of Honor has no cream ...

Erm, just an FYI, but Danger Close is essentially the same studio that made every single Medal of Honor game ever, with the exception of Allied Assault (2015) and the handheld games (who cares?).

I'm not saying it's the same people as obviously people come and go, but it's the same studio.

I still think Pacific Assault was the high point for the franchise, even if it didn't get the reviews Allied Assault did.

Erm, just an FYI, but Danger Close is essentially the same studio that made every single Medal of Honor game ever, with the exception of Allied Assault (2015) and the handheld games (who cares?).

I'm not saying it's the same people as obviously people come and go, but it's the same studio.

And people make games, not the name ;D Also irrelevant as my point still stands; they should not be allowed to make another, they just proved that.

And people make games, not the name ;D Also irrelevant as my point still stands; they should not be allowed to make another, they just proved that.

I said all of the same people weren't still there, obviously. Quite a few are. And disagreed. I'm sure people would have said the same of Treyarch after the absolute crapfest that was Call of Duty 3, but World at War was a pretty decent game.

I said all of the same people weren't still there, obviously. Quite a few are. And disagreed. I'm sure people would have said the same of Treyarch after the absolute crapfest that was Call of Duty 3, but World at War was a pretty decent game.

Call of Duty 3 was alright. Not to mention, World at War was just a legal copy of MW1, so they didn't actually 'invent' that recipe on their own, they got it all handed to them, just like Black Ops. Danger Close had the opportunity to focus on the single-player ( within some guidelines of course ) yet everything was a failure from a technical standpoint, everything they were in charge of was pure rubbish.

Call of Duty 3 was alright. Not to mention, World at War was just a legal copy of MW1, so they didn't actually 'invent' that recipe on their own, they got it all handed to them, just like Black Ops. Danger Close had the opportunity to focus on the single-player ( within some guidelines of course ) yet everything was a failure from a technical standpoint, everything they were in charge of was pure rubbish.

Obviously I haven't played it so I can't give an opinion, but seems others in the thread have a vastly different opinion, although some do support yours as well.

I say burn both DICE and Danger Close to the ground and start new.

Destroy the piece of s**t Frostbite engine.

Start a new studio, some new employees and some old.

Create a new IP.

Job done.

I have PC version too.. add me there (just saw you have PC version).. My soldier name is Bozster too..

Cool, will definitely add you next time I am on. I am indeed just DirtyLarry on the game as well, in case you are on before me. (Y)

So I finally just rented it from BB (woohoo for 2 free rental coupons a month thanks to the bf) and.. Uhm. I'm so disappointed.

The first issue I had was the horrible sensitivity. I'm by no means a sens freak where I max out in all games. In fact I usually stuck with 4-5 in Halo 3, default in COD4, 3-4 in MW2 and a 3 in Reach... I had to MAX OUT the sensitivity for MOH (campaign) to feel somewhat comfortable but it still feels so SLOW.

Enemy AI are hilarious on hard. It's like playing on easy :\. I can walk up to them and knife them before I get hit twice. I can stand and take 5 minutes to aim for a headshot and not die. Veteran on COD4 made me want to break my controller... I was hoping for the same sort of 'tough' experience to get through but I find myself just bored from the lack of actually needing to try to stay alive.

I also found it kind of annoying that the HUD kept disappearing after I'd hit the d-pad to activate it. What's the point of the HUD if it'll just drop off again. I'm a noob with sticking to stories and/or locations I need to go to.. so I kinda like having indicators on :rofl: :pinch:.

Either way, I'm not sure I'll get to multiplayer for achievements or not right now. It's 800MSP to buy the online pass which to be honest isn't that bad seeing as though I'm saving $59.99 by not buying the game and it's not like I haven't already paid off my Gamefly account with the amount of games I get per month from 'em. So $10 is pretty cheap.

Either way, I'm not sure I'll get to multiplayer for achievements or not right now. It's 800MSP to buy the online pass which to be honest isn't that bad seeing as though I'm saving $59.99 by not buying the game and it's not like I haven't already paid off my Gamefly account with the amount of games I get per month from 'em. So $10 is pretty cheap.

Weird, with my rented copy I didn't need to pay for the online pass to play online.

Weird, with my rented copy I didn't need to pay for the online pass to play online.

She just tried it out now and she is able to play.

It looks like for Medal of Honor it is not required but could be limited in the future. You can actually play any of the game modes without any issues.

For other EA games, such as FIFA 11, you do actually need the online pass to play though. So I guess this is good news, unless they end up fixing it, for those that have rented it from either Blockbuster, GameFly and wherever else.

Just finished SP tonight, picked up the game on friday and played for maybe about 2hrs, then played it tonight and finished it. The graphics glitchyness is terrible, mountains didn't show up until later on and people were floating and flying by randomly. The overall graphics were very ****ty in MO. The game itself could have been made better, and SP is awfully short. The weapons I thought were pretty good except the red dot sight seemed really fuzzy?

I haven't played online yet, but I might jump on later to play it. After I finish with this I'll either Craigslist it or Gamestop credit..

Havent finished the game but i am enjoying it so far. This is much worse than mw2 was, or even bad company 2..which is quite dissapointing.

While graphis are not great, they are not terrible..for 2008 :D

Still i am having fun and this is all what matters.

You know what I find funny in all of this, it's how people who don't like the game , or even if you do like it a bit, are saying how SP is way too short. Well guess what, do you know why SP is short for shooters? It's because the majority of you only really give a damn about the MP, and they know that. Before all this MP circle jerk **** FPS games didn't end in 4hrs or have halfassed stories, but the majority don't give a damn now, they just wanna get online and teabag their friends to stroke they're epenis.

You only have yourselves to blame for why single player modes in shooters has went to ****. I personally don't give a damn about MP and I think it's pointless, but then I guess I'm in the minority who still play games for the hope of getting an entertaining story and not just pretty eye candy.

You know what I find funny in all of this, it's how people who don't like the game , or even if you do like it a bit, are saying how SP is way too short. Well guess what, do you know why SP is short for shooters? It's because the majority of you only really give a damn about the MP, and they know that. Before all this MP circle jerk **** FPS games didn't end in 4hrs or have halfassed stories, but the majority don't give a damn now, they just wanna get online and teabag their friends to stroke they're epenis.

You only have yourselves to blame for why single player modes in shooters has went to ****. I personally don't give a damn about MP and I think it's pointless, but then I guess I'm in the minority who still play games for the hope of getting an entertaining story and not just pretty eye candy.

The Medal of Honor series has traditionally always been a single player series with good campaigns. Most of us here all played the multiplayer "beta" and it sucked ass and wouldn't be buying the game for that alone. To say that we only care about multiplayer is a bit short sighted at best. :pinch: