[Official] Medal of Honor

If I'm entirely honest ... I enjoyed every aspect of the game so far.

Yes, the campaign was too short. But too short because it was fun!!! I wanted more! Why want more if it's bad? It's good. The controls at first felt a little stiff. I very quickly went into the settings and changed them to as close to Bad Company as I could, and immediately had a lot more fun. I think the suspense was good, the graphics while certainly glitchy in some places were excellent (you do better!) and far above some games in the genre. It's clearly rushed to a degree, but don't blame the developer. I bet my bottom dollar that they were pushed to release by a certain point and had a limited budget, staff etc. This is how it works on most levels and sure, more would have benefitted it, but I really enjoyed the game campaign so I can't really complain. Once you complete the campaign though, your focus will turn to multiplayer, and there I really think it shines. It's a very similar feel to Bad Company and for that it's a good thing as I am addicted to Bad Company. I immediately joined the server and came 3rd in the ranks on the match I played because I immediately felt at home. I'd have rather DICE had more involvement in the whole game, but the fact they did the multiplayer is better than nothing. I advised my brother to buy it and I'm glad I did. We will be playing this game for a very long time. Will it replace Bad Company 2? No. Will it replace Modern Warfare 2? Hell yes. I already traded MW2 in !!!

@ Boz - yeah, Combat Mission is what I tend to play as well. Does kind of suck when you are on the team that has no clue, which more often then not it seems I am on. :laugh: I do not know the name of the maps yet, but I think that valley one that I have played more then the others. One round first thing I jumped into the tank and wiped out the other team by the barricade, went 8/0, and my team just sat there, did not take the objective, just sat back and sniped. Was kind of sad. I eventually took the barricade myself, and then we were stuck on the second one, never got past it. So it is good when people play it right, no doubt about it.

As far as the destructible environments, I have barely seen anything worth noting other then some little wall chips, etc. I have stayed behind walls for a good amount of time in the middle of combat, and nothing at all?

Probably another one of my least favorite things are the overall graphics. As spookie pointed out, Bloom is ridiculous, some maps are way to same colors and as such people are easy to blend in, so I can definitely say I am not liking this because the graphics are good, because they are only okay.

Probably another one of my least favorite things are the overall graphics. As spookie pointed out, Bloom is ridiculous, some maps are way to same colors and as such people are easy to blend in, so I can definitely say I am not liking this because the graphics are good, because they are only okay.

You can still turn bloom off exactly the same way you did in BC2 but the game, ironically, looks worse off for it. Talking of blending in a lack of killcam really hurts this game. With snipers hitting for as much as they do it would be nice to have the option to learn where the sniping spots are like BC2 or TF2. I've been killed numerous times only to think: "The ****? Where did that come from?"

You can still turn bloom off exactly the same way you did in BC2 but the game, ironically, looks worse off for it. Talking of blending in a lack of killcam really hurts this game. With snipers hitting for as much as they do it would be nice to have the option to learn where the sniping spots are like BC2 or TF2. I've been killed numerous times only to think: "The ****? Where did that come from?"

I do agree here. I am not always a huge fan of kill cam, but this game could use one, if nothing else then for the snipers. With that said, this is where the sound really does shine, as I always know the general direction of where the shot came from as I hear that distinct cracking sound. But knowing the general direction on maps where people blend in easily is not really helpful a lot of the times, because as I said I agree, a good kill cam would be nice.

Played a bit of the SP - feels really, well, average. I gave up playing after the second mission - it just didn't interest me :(

Played a bit of the SP - feels really, well, average. I gave up playing after the second mission - it just didn't interest me :(

You shouldn't have.. first 2 missions are a bit slow.. it picks up after that and gets pretty good.

You shouldn't have.. first 2 missions are a bit slow.. it picks up after that and gets pretty good.

Really? I may give it another go once I have got some work done.

Decided I'd buy this today..

I knew DICE were working on it but seriously.. It's just battlefield with different skins, weapons and title. Don't get me wrong.. good game, was hoping for more.

Really? I may give it another go once I have got some work done.

Yep, it definitely without a doubt picks up once you get further along.

Interesting campaign so far (two missions in). The guns themselves actually feel powerful and they sound a lot more realistic when comparing the game to the MW series. I was also delighted to see my teammates actually helping out and running forward themselves. Yes it is still on rails like any shooter, but it is a nice change of pace for your teammates to move along and engage the enemy while you provide support. It makes such a huge difference when you don't have to suicide forward to get your teammates moving or to get to a save point.

I have read a few comments about the campaign being short and I can definitely see why. The pace of the first two missions was definitely frenzied but also extremely fun. The fast past helps lead to a more fluid experience so if that means a slightly shorter campaign, so be it.

Are there any load times later in the game? I haven't even installed the game to my 360 yet and I've finding little or no load screens.

Are there any load times later in the game? I haven't even installed the game to my 360 yet and I've finding little or no load screens.

I played on pc...but the loadtimes are extremely short.

So i've finally completed the campaign..took me less than 3 days of few hours of playtime each. The game is good. At first i was a bit dissapointed but once i got into the game i found it fun. Really loved the radio chatter.

So now that ia m done with sp and mp doesnt interest me...will have to wait for COD :D

Hey Larry, are you playing the PC version?

By the way, I have the 360 version, but I have the new dash. Not sure how that would effect in game chat, but I know XBL party wont work.

If you're down to check out some MP, let me know.

Haven't read any of this thread but I just got the game and all I can say is the multiplayer is absolute crap. The single player is OK at best. What a letdown... I'm waiting for Black Ops.

By the way, I have the 360 version, but I have the new dash. Not sure how that would effect in game chat, but I know XBL party wont work.

If you're down to check out some MP, let me know.

No party mode? So it'll be like PSN?

http://tv.nytimes.com/2010/10/20/arts/television/20honor.html?_r=1&hpw=&pagewanted=1

"It is even shockingly sloppy in places. This is not what the new, improved Electronic Arts is supposed to be about, and that is why Medal of Honor is the most disappointing game I have played this year."

Zomg, the New York Times is a trusted gaming outlet? :laugh:

Zomg, the New York Times is a trusted gaming outlet? :laugh:

Yes, because whoever wrote that's opinion is worth less than the other "Oh so great" gaming sites :rolleyes:

What a load of stupid to say.

In fact, I trust that guy's opinion a lot more than most of the gaming sites today as I question their credibility.

Yes, because whoever wrote that's opinion is worth less than the other "Oh so great" gaming sites :rolleyes:

What a load of stupid to say.

In fact, I trust that guy's opinion a lot more than most of the gaming sites today as I question their credibility.

A load of stupid? Get off your high horse, Lone Ranger.

I don't trust any newspaper reviews for games, period. I have never seen a newspaper that has a legitimate gaming contributing writer, and that includes the New York Times. They're all half-assed reviews by casual gamers. The introduction to the article is absolute bullcrap for one. The author clearly doesn't comprehend the difference between a developer and a publisher. He also doesn't even mention that DICE, the developer of Battlefield, did the multiplayer even though he mentions the Battlefield series at numerous points in the article. Additionally, how can he say Medal of Honor is scripted and imply Call of Duty is not? They're both heavily scripted.

I'm not saying Medal of Honor is good. I'm saying that review is crap, just like almost every other gaming review or article featured in the New York Times. He does make some good points, but overall it's just a mediocre -- at best -- article (I guess you could say it's like what Medal of Honor appears to be -- a few good points, but mediocre).

Good for you (Y)

An opinion is an opinion and they are all equally worth. Then you can choose not to listen to it, belittling it with all that BS is pathetic. So whenever someone around here that doesn't have much time to game or perhaps doesn't hang around every day, you just mock them and take the **** - Aren't you a ray of sunshine in a world of poo (Y)

A load of stupid? Get off your high horse, Lone Ranger.

I don't trust any newspaper reviews for games, period. I have never seen a newspaper that has a legitimate gaming contributing writer, and that includes the New York Times. They're all half-assed reviews by casual gamers. The introduction to the article is absolute bullcrap for one. The author clearly doesn't comprehend the difference between a developer and a publisher. He also doesn't even mention that DICE, the developer of Battlefield, did the multiplayer even though he mentions the Battlefield series at numerous points in the article. Additionally, how can he say Medal of Honor is scripted and imply Call of Duty is not? They're both heavily scripted.

I'm not saying Medal of Honor is good. I'm saying that review is crap, just like almost every other gaming review or article featured in the New York Times. He does make some good points, but overall it's just a mediocre -- at best -- article (I guess you could say it's like what Medal of Honor appears to be -- a few good points, but mediocre).

I looked through the author's archives--he writes about gaming 100% throughout the year of archives I sifted through. How would that not make him something more than a "casual gamer" since he can go beyond to other consoles to play games to review them for his job with the NY Times?

Not only that but what makes a "casual gamer"s opinion any less than a "hardcore gamer"? You toss it around like it's an insult. Is "casual gamer" the new "nerd"?