Who has your vote?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who has your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Other

lib dems want to move us to the euro - bad idea at the moment

conservitives - no pay rise for teacher and just looking after the rich - bad idea

bnp - just no!

going to have to go to labor. best of a bad bunch. the polocies dont seem to bad.

lib dems have said they would only adopt the euro if the country voted for it in a reforendum and only when the economic conditions are right.

Well the sad thing is... i believe they deserve to win the most. The country needs to stop voting for old politics and vote for something new. As Nick Clegg seems to be much more honest than the other two i would call him a candidate for teaching not all politicians are liars.

Problem is, you've fallen for the marketing - Clegg isn't anything new - all he does in a debate is go on about 'old politics' when the reality is the lib dems haven't been in power so long because (quite simply) because they've never really be substantive enough to vote for. I don't think that's changed - he's a good frontman (well OK far better than they've had in a LONG time) but it seems to me he's a bit smoke and mirrors to the extent he wants you to concentrate on the fact tory/lab have been in power rather than his own policies (some of which are farcical tbh) because that (and that alone it seems) is the libs USP to the voter. Pretty weak one if you ask me - "vote for us cos we've not a had a crack at it" or "vote for us because we've not been in a position to screw stuff up for a long time". Couple that with the indisputable fact they've no chance of winning the darn thing (check out labours new policy of tactical voting!) and it's a poor choice (for me).

Nobody "deserves" to win either (weird thing to say really). One other thing - no politician is 'honest' - but some do a better job of appearing to be so.

All that said, I'd rather you lot (young or old) got off your collective arses and voted period, because failing to vote is the worse crime of all (and something people like the BNP pray for) because in effect not voting is actually supporting someone else.

Well the sad thing is... i believe they deserve to win the most. The country needs to stop voting for old politics and vote for something new. As Nick Clegg seems to be much more honest than the other two i would call him a candidate for teaching not all politicians are liars.

And these are the exact marketing messages:

1) They deserve...

2) Old Politics vs New Politics

3) More honest

And it's all just marketing. They have EXCELLENT PR this time round!

Vote for lib dems and you're voting all illegal immigrants the right to stay in this country.

I'll admit that Nick Clegg is a charismatic inspiring individual, but that still doesn't change the fact his parties policies suck. From what I see, the young are tending towards lib dem just because they haven't lived through one of their governments before, not because they support the parties policies.

In reference to the poll - I'm voting Conservative.

From what I see, the young are tending towards lib dem just because they haven't lived through one of their governments before, not because they support the parties policies.

Again, another truth!

I can't see clegg wanting to talk *at all* about the last lib government :whistle:

Vote for lib dems and you're voting all illegal immigrants the right to stay in this country.

I'll admit that Nick Clegg is a charismatic inspiring individual, but that still doesn't change the fact his parties policies suck. From what I see, the young are tending towards lib dem just because they haven't lived through one of their governments before, not because they support the parties policies.

In reference to the poll - I'm voting Conservative.

No you are not. did you even bother to read the actual policy rather than listen to the other parties.

The policy is to say to the current illegal immigrants that are in hiding, big part of organised crime and other damaging aspects to our economy to have a chance to become part and get a job and pay taxes officially rather than working unofficially like they are now. They will not be entitled to benefits, housing and suchlike they just have the opportunity to get a job officially. Become a contributor rather than a menace to our finances.

It is only for ones that have not committed any crime, at least this way we get a handle on a situation that some believe how to control.

Any new illegal immigrants will not have this right.

The Conservative, want to ignore them. And put a cap in place that will not even affect current immigration levels. It just sounds good that is all.

On the other hand, we need immigration. 3.2 million British are currently working abroad.

BT is in debt of about £10 billion :no:

I'm really torn between labour and cons.

I think labour would be better for me, but cons better for the country.:pinch:

The Conservatives, I hate to say it but they are only good for their own kind, they want to carry on privatising everything like they started in the 80s. The only reason top businessmen support them constantly and people like Simon Cowell is because they are rich people. Just like Rupert Murdoch and his newspapers all supported the Conservatives because they all stand to benefit substantially from having Conservatives in.

On the front bench of the Conservatives there is only one person that is not a millionaire, if they get into power they say they will take a 5% cut in ministerial pay, but in reality it is a 45% pay increase from being an opposition to be coming into power.

They want to cut the number of MPs by 10%, 7% of the cuts is coming from Wales, Labour strongholds.

They will not change the voting system because the Conservatives know they will never get more than 50% of the vote which is what would be needed for any party to govern properly like most democratic countries.

If I was a multimillionaire I would absolutely support the Conservatives. I would probably even donate because it would be that important for them to get in for me.

One last point, if it is a hung parliament which I don't think will be a bad thing apart from this it would mean that the Conservatives could call another general election within 12 months which they most likely will, simply because they would be the only party that have enough money to be able to fight one. Labour and Liberal Democrats would not be able to afford to.

No you are not. did you even bother to read the actual policy rather than listen to the other parties.

The policy is to say to the current illegal immigrants that are in hiding, big part of organised crime and other damaging aspects to our economy to have a chance to become part and get a job and pay taxes officially rather than working unofficially like they are now. They will not be entitled to benefits, housing and suchlike they just have the opportunity to get a job officially. Become a contributor rather than a menace to our finances.

It is only for ones that have not committed any crime, at least this way we get a handle on a situation that some believe how to control.

The Conservative, want to ignore them. And put a cap in place that will not even affect current immigration levels. It just sounds good that is all.

On the other hand, we need immigration. 3.2 million British are currently working abroad.

The Conservatives, I hate to say it but they are only good for their own kind, they want to carry on privatising everything like they started in the 80s. The only reason top businessmen support them constantly and people like Simon Cowell is because they are rich people.

If I was a multimillionaire I would absolutely support the Conservatives. I would probably even donate because it would be that important for them to get in for me.

Where did you get the statistic that 3,200,000 British people work abroad?

Where did you get the statistic that 3,200,000 British people work abroad?

William Hague said it on the daily politics show about six months ago.

Don't get me wrong, it is not a bad thing.

In 1997 the Conservatives handed over the fastest growing economy in Europe to Labour, Labour had ?65,000,000,000 to spend and look, we are ?188,000,000,000 in debt.

LOL, nice figures :rolleyes:

Meaningless figures as we were in debt long before 1997 and governments have always had cash to spend.

Labour created jobs that didn't need to be created.

and lowered unemployment...

They also took part in an illegal war.

That the Tories fully backed...

LOL, nice figures :rolleyes:

Meaningless figures as we were in debt long before 1997 and governments have always had cash to spend.

Yes in 1979 we were classified as a third world economy created by Labour.

and lowered unemployment...

Thats a communist society.

That the Tories fully backed...

Yes, some did some didn't. Labour had the majority so voted as a majority to goto an illegal war.

Labour bankrupted the country in the 1970's, I know I was a young child growing up in the 70's, it was bad.

So did I, however I was too young to really be affected by it.

In 1997 the Conservatives handed over the fastest growing economy in Europe to Labour, Labour had ?65,000,000,000 to spend and look, we are ?188,000,000,000 in debt.

Incorrect, the debt is only going to be potentially ?164 billion, it was revised down. But also bear in mind how much of the banks we own and suchlike. You should talk about percentage and GDP as opposed to figures because they are relevant. Of course ?164 billion is the highest debt figure since World War II, but it is not the highest percentage of GDP.

Labour created jobs that didn't need to be created.

You tell that to the people that have been doing those jobs, pay in taxes not on the dole all these years. Conservatives will come in and put them all on the dole again, because conservatives want everything privatised they don't want public services.

Labour changed the way crime was recorded and unemployment statistics were published.

Absolutely right, prior to the upgrade and change in figures it is now mandatory that every crime is recorded not just crimes that result in serious injury. Example, prior to 2002 if somebody got stabbed with a knife that was recorded as a knife crime, if somebody got stabbed with a broken bottle that was not recorded as it went down as plain GBH. That is why the National statistics say you cannot compare before 2002 crimes figures to recent years, but the Conservatives did and they were told to withdraw the figures immediately by the independent body.

Whichever way you look at it crime has reduced. The perception of crime has gone up, thank you to the media.

They also took part in an illegal war.

It is not yet established whether or not it was an illegal war, illegal war is kind of ironic in my opinion. However there was enough Labour MPs voted against it that they needed the conservatives support which they got. They could not have gone to war without conservatives backing them. Whether the intelligence was given to the government accurate enough that is a different story.

I was hoping that Labour would win the next election, so Labour can dig us out of the hole they dug.

I agree, because they are the only ones capable.

The ideal result for me would be a hung parliament and Labour and Liberal Democrat can form an alliance.

My apologies for not elaborating, I wanted to avoid a fuelled political debate but I guess there's no escaping it sometimes!

Once they are granted citizenship then that's it. They can bring their families over here, which won't have the restricted movements that they do! So that's gonna increase the level of immigrants immediately. Think about 1 million illegals (the upper estimate) joined by their family members - is that number gonna double?! Speaking of restricted movements, I suppose that's gonna be what Nick Clegg will be using the additional 3,000 police officers for!

Anyway, once they're in the system they're in. They might have to "prove" themselves to begin with but ultimately they'll have just as much potential for scrounging as a lot of the other low lives who were born here that already do so.

Besides, look up to 1986 amnesty in the United States. A tried, tested and failed system which resulted in MORE immigration based on family connection (as already mentioned above).

In Neck Cleggs whimsical dream land this is fantastic - the reality however is that it simply hasn't been proved workable.

I agree, because they are the only ones capable.

...of digging such a hole in the first place maybe. Of climbing out? Absolutely not.

Still give 'em a chance eh? I mean maybe they just need that extra term to turn it all around? :blink:

My apologies for not elaborating, I wanted to avoid a fuelled political debate but I guess there's no escaping it sometimes!

Once they are granted citizenship then that's it. They can bring their families over here, which won't have the restricted movements that they do! So that's gonna increase the level of immigrants immediately. Think about 1 million illegals (the upper estimate) joined by their family members - is that number gonna double?! Speaking of restricted movements, I suppose that's gonna be what Nick Clegg will be using the additional 3,000 police officers for!

Anyway, once they're in the system they're in. They might have to "prove" themselves to begin with but ultimately they'll have just as much potential for scrounging as a lot of the other low lives who were born here that already do so.

Besides, look up to 1986 amnesty in the United States. A tried, tested and failed system which resulted in MORE immigration based on family connection (as already mentioned above).

In Neck Cleggs whimsical dream land this is fantastic - the reality however is that it simply hasn't been proved workable.

I might be wrong but I was understanding they were not given full citizenship, it was just to get them into a legal job to start contributing rather than fuelling the illegal side of immigration. As well as employers illegally employing them. If then over time like anybody citizenship is always a possibility.

...of digging such a hole in the first place maybe. Of climbing out? Absolutely not.

Still give 'em a chance eh? I mean maybe they just need that extra term to turn it all around? :blink:

Would you have not bailed out banks?

From what I see, the young are tending towards lib dem just because they haven't lived through one of their governments before, not because they support the parties policies.

Unless you were around during the 1920's, neither have you :p The lib lab pact in the 70's doesn't really count.

I'm 23 and I'm voting liberal based on their policies, mainly those focused on civil liberties i.e

I strongly agree with them on removing DNA of innocents from police databases. Labour think that even if a court of law finds you innocent or you aren't even charged that somehow gives them the right to hold onto it for 6 years.

Liberals want precharge detention back down to 14 days, which is fine. Labour wanted it increased to 90 odd days, which is downright insane. The government shouldn't have the power to hold you without charge without proper evidence.

They are against ID cards. Again, the government simply has no need for a massive big brother style database on all us.

I'm also voting liberal because I'm a strong believer in reforming our voting system. As it stands it's downright retarded that a party can form a massively powerful government with such a small % of the popular vote. People who bleet on about having PR would be allowing parties like the BNP to gain MPs are missing the entire point of a democracy.

• Like 2

Would you have not bailed out banks?

Public spending under the current government went ballistically out of control way before the bank crash, moot point i'm afraid.

Public spending under the current government went ballistically out of control way before the bank crash, moot point i'm afraid.

Ummm evidence? No debt before....

But you never answered my question.

I might be wrong but I was understanding they were not given full citizenship, it was just to get them into a legal job to start contributing rather than fuelling the illegal side of immigration. As well as employers illegally employing them. If then over time like anybody citizenship is always a possibility.

I'm pretty sure that the restrictions are set in place during a 2 year probation period, after which they're just like you and I.

Shall rejoin this discussion later as I have to dash!

:)

Ummm evidence? No debt before....

Ummm google? Seriously, we had no national debt prior the bailout? Pass the spliff buddy :) The government was already in the ****, the banking crisis just added fuel to the fire and we were already at a record high.

But you never answered my question.

because it's irrelevant, as I pointed out - whether or not it'd of happened our national debt was completely out of control beforehand. :rofl:

Ummm google? Seriously, we had no national debt prior the bailout? Pass the spliff buddy :) The government was already in the ****, the banking crisis just added fuel to the fire.

Well I cannot find anything official? Link?

I'm quite surprised about how many people are planning to vote liberal this time (Y)

I'm 23 and I'm voting liberal based on their policies, mainly those focused on civil liberties i.e

I strongly agree with them on removing DNA of innocents from police databases. Labour think that even if a court of law finds you innocent or you aren't even charged that somehow gives them the right to hold onto it for 6 years.

Liberals want precharge detention back down to 14 days, which is fine. Labour wanted it increased to 90 odd days, which is downright insane. The government shouldn't have the power to hold you without charge without proper evidence.

They are against ID cards. Again, the government simply has no need for a massive big brother style database on all us.

I'm also voting liberal because I'm a strong believer in reforming our voting system. As it stands it's downright retarded that a party can form a massively powerful government with such a small % of the popular vote. People who bleet on about having PR would be allowing parties like the BNP to gain MPs are missing the entire point of a democracy.

+1 i'm voting liberal for similar reasons to you.

I also strongly agree with them planning to scrap tuition fees, although its too late for that to affect me it would be really nice for future students to go to University and not worry about getting in thousands of pounds of debt on tuition fees alone.

I also strongly agree with them planning to scrap tuition fees, although its too late for that to affect me it would be really nice for future students to go to University and not worry about getting in thousands of pounds of debt on tuition fees alone.

Same here, I think Liberal will be getting the student vote.

Sadly I dont think the Lib dems will win, although in all honesty they deserve to win the most...