UFC 116 - Lesnar vs Carwin

Brock is back! Lesnar to defend belt against Carwin at UFC 116

SATURDAY, JULY 3, 2010 - Live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena ? Tickets on Sale Thursday, May 13, at 10am PT

Las Vegas, NV (USA) ? One day before America watches fireworks to celebrate their independence, the biggest heavyweight title fight ever will go off in Las Vegas. Ultimate Fighting championship? heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar returns to defend his heavyweight championship against interim title holder Shane Carwin as Bud Light Presents UFC? 116: LESNAR vs CARWIN, live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday, July 3.

?When people wonder why the heavyweights capture the imagination of all fight fans, it?s because of guys like Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin,? said UFC President Dana White. ?Not only are they great athletes and former national wrestling champions, but they both have the ability to end a fight with one punch. This is one of those fights that you won?t be able to turn away from because it can be over in a split second, and when it?s over, only one will walk away as the undisputed UFC heavyweight champion of the world.?

Source

I think Shane Carwin is going to win. Brock Lesnar has the brute strenght but Carwin is more experienced and has good technique. Lesnar hasn't fought in a long time also and after the last Carwin fight, plowing trough Frank Mir seems like much less of an achievement.

Fedor vs anyone in the UFC would sell PPVs like it was the cure for cancer.

Fedor vs anyone in the UFC would sell PPVs like it was the cure for cancer.

we have more chance of seeing Mayweather vs Pacquiao then seeing Fedor fight anyone in the UFC :p

my money is on Brock, it should be illegal for a guy of his size to move as quick as he does.

But who knows how his sickness affected him and still continues to affect him. I don't see him winning if the fight lasts longer than a round or two.

And then there is the fact that Carwins fights don't make it to a second round.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to like Lesnar in his WWE days but MMA has brought out a different side in him. An arrogant and cocky one. Nothing to be so cocky about, he lost his first fight in UFC!

I used to like Lesnar in his WWE days but MMA has brought out a different side in him. An arrogant and cocky one. Nothing to be so cocky about, he lost his first fight in UFC!

How is that different from his time on the WWE? :shifty:

I never really liked early WWE Lesnar not until late on...the shooting star press was sick though! definitely a high spot for him!

Didn't he get a bad concussion from that?

Yes, he suffered a severe concussion from that move.

Only a few days until 116. Thing is nobody even talks about the other main card matches. They could probably sell this on the Lesnar - Carwin fight alone.

I never really liked early WWE Lesnar not until late on...the shooting star press was sick though! definitely a high spot for him!

i remember thtat

but seriously though, lesnar is going to kill him.

How is that different from his time on the WWE? :shifty:

He could turn face at any time. He was a pretty good face as well.

Amazing a guy his size doing that. Very agile.