UFC 116 - Lesnar vs Carwin

I'm still quite unsure as to how to take this fight in all honesty.. I mean a submission shows that he's constantly improving and growing but at the same time, I still don't think he can take a punch. Sure he weathered the storm while pinned down, but he blocked alot of them later in the round, but he crumbled pretty quickly which makes me think he really can't take a shot that well on his feet. But all in all, i'm dissapointed that Carwin didn't pull out the win.. but at the same time Lesnar is a tough dude.

He was VERY flinchy...I don't think he took a beating I think he just played it smart but Carwin will def learn from this mistake and I HOPE they get a rematch.

SOOOO dissapointed.. but at least Lesnar was humble, which was nice to see, perhaps the illness made him a little nicer..lol

Carwin is still a beast though.. i was sure it was a done deal in the 1st, but a submission win.. W T F..

On a side note it was a pretty amazing event.. Stephan Bonnar and Chris Leban are BADASS, both amazing fights.

100% agree. amazing event. brock's humbleness and him getting that submission the way he did makes me think differently of him now.

100% agree. amazing event. brock's humbleness and him getting that submission the way he did makes me think differently of him now.

His fighting career almost ended, talk about a wake up call. I do have more respect for him however he needs to be beat (along with Anderson "the bore" Silva).

So how is this different from the WWE. Is this fake, as well?

I know my post is worthless but I got to say it. WOW...really?

He was VERY flinchy...I don't think he took a beating I think he just played it smart but Carwin will def learn from this mistake and I HOPE they get a rematch.

well i would expect him to be flinchy considering how long he has been a wreslter and they dont really take shots to the face, so im sure itll take a while to adjust. hopefully i can watch this later in the week.

Lesnar is a beast, that's for sure. Takes quit a chin to just receive those massive punches from Carwin and still be able to finish him off, massive kudos.

<3 Brock.

I told you...

no no.. i told you...lol

Brock did amazing.. but Carwin stuffed the takedowns and made him look like a fool standing up, he just did really well covering up and had more gas than carwin in the second.

I think the loss is more on Carwin himself than on Brock. Carwin tried to use his only gameplan: not let the fight out of the first round, gassing BADLY in the process. He couldn't even defend the takedown in the 2nd round. He just laid there and waited to be choked out.

Brock Lesnar has just returned to action, but UFC President Dana White is already lining up his next two fights.

"You're going to see Cain and Brock fight," White said. "Then coming up, Dos Santos is going to fight 'Big Country,' and the winner of that fight will get the next shot."

Lesnar does not appear to be in any hurry for his next title defense. He spoke about his immediate plans at the post-event press conference.

"I'm expecting a baby in two weeks," he said. "My wife's been a trooper. She's been pregnant for 18 months these past two years."

"I'm going home tonight. I'm going to visit some family when I get home, and I've got some combining. I'm a farmer now, and I'm doing what I love to do. I've got some combining to do this fall, and I want to shoot a white-tailed deer and spend time with my family."

White seemed less enthused about that plan. "I've got to talk to Brock," he said. "Farming sounds fun and everything, but it's not what pays the bills."

If Nelson beats Cigano (not likely), Nelson vs Lesnar... that would be awesome. And by MMAth transitive property, everyone of them would have beaten Fedor :laugh:

I hope that carwin gets into cardio shape now as he had no energy left at the end of round 1 which sucks as i'm sure he would have defended the takedown well like he did in round 1 if he had some energy left, brock would have been knocked out pretty quick. I hope they have a rematch within 9 months!

Carwin had said in his blog that he didn't gas, that something happened to his body while he was punching brock in the first. He said it felt like a full body cramp and that his legs were seizing up on him. That's why he wasn't able to stop the takedown in the second, he said his legs just wouldn't work. Not trying to make excuses, for all i know this could be an indication of someone gassing, i have no idea, just repeating what he had said.

Carwin had said in his blog that he didn't gas, that something happened to his body while he was punching brock in the first. He said it felt like a full body cramp and that his legs were seizing up on him. That's why he wasn't able to stop the takedown in the second, he said his legs just wouldn't work. Not trying to make excuses, for all i know this could be an indication of someone gassing, i have no idea, just repeating what he had said.

Oh a "full body cramp" like feeling achy and tired and geting too much lactic acid in his muscles... the kind of thing that happens when you gas! This is just like the McKray loss on TUF. Never fought anyone past the 1st round and bam! gas hard. Carwin just wasn't used to it, probably could never make it into the 5th round.

Maybe I'm totally out of the loop but who is the other guy in the pictures? With the tattoos on his arm?

Wait wait, is that the Rock? If so I haven't seen him in a long time... looks way different.

Maybe I'm totally out of the loop but who is the other guy in the pictures? With the tattoos on his arm?

Wait wait, is that the Rock? If so I haven't seen him in a long time... looks way different.

The one and only !

I know it's The Rock and Steve Austin. I don't know who the guy on the left is though.

I know it's The Rock and Steve Austin. I don't know who the guy on the left is though.

Bill Goldberg on the left.