[WC2010] Game 05 - England vs. United States

Who do you think will win?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• England
    • United States
    • Draw

2-0 to England, i also think Rooney will get a serious injury within 4 games of the World Cup, he's too dangerous not to take out.

i hope england win, would be nice to see the americans bullied for a change :)

As much as I'm a fan of ABE(Anyone But England), I can't see the Americans causing any problems in this one. Probably be at least 3-0 England

I expect England to take it home quite easily, however with footie you can never be too certain!

Been quite a few England flags flown here in Berlin on cars and in bars last couple of days, I will still be flaunting my Swedish one just for fun however! :D

Rooney's leg broken in the 32', US wins 2-0 ;)

jk, but 5-0? That is quite some wishful thinking.

If that happens expect a lot of angry fans at your door!

This is the kind of advertising I mentioned in the OP :laugh: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMRMW1FXSHw

Classy.

I think this evening's game is a tough one to call, what with it being both teams' first match of the tournament. As such I reckon the outcome will depend on whichever team is the first to get its toes wet, build some rhythm and basically find the confidence to be bold.

Classy.

I think this evening's game is a tough one to call, what with it being both teams' first match of the tournament. As such I reckon the outcome will depend on whichever team is the first to get its toes wet, build some rhythm and basically find the confidence to be bold.

Yeah, that video is what I meant by over here in the US it is hyped a bit too much but whatever, good for soccer and getting people ready for the rivalry game. As for the part of your quote I chose to bold, that is basically descriing Rooney the moment he steps on the pitch. It will be rough for the US, but...

GO USA

I am on the same boat that England is going to win, but i'm american so i am really hoping US wins their first game.

LEt's GO USA...

We've had the strongest squad we've had since the 90s IMO.

Don't say that! Sure we lost to the US in '93 :whistle:

People underestimate how good the American team is at counter-attacking. It is their only strength but they are damn good at it.

USA are talking big but we'll see what happens on the pitch. We've had the strongest squad we've had since the 90s IMO.

really I feel we have a weakish squad...I see it being 1-1 or USA scraping it.

england should be embarassed by the fact their are coached by an italian. For gerrard's sake i hope england doesn't choke in a big tourney for once, i mean i guess it's good that they actually made the world cup, considering they weren't at euro.

way to not know how to play the sport you invented boys (Y) I hope the americans win.

Americans have a really good team, they could do some serious damage in this tourney.

US doesn't stand a chance!!!

I predict England will be the winner of group C.

lol at all the guys that think the US has a chance :laugh:

I'll post a few pics tomorrow to show how big this thing is here in Europe.

Most of the streets around here are decorated.