[WC2010] Game 05 - England vs. United States

Who do you think will win?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

rajputwarrior

rajputwarrior, quick slightly off-topic question:

Are you Canadian or English? I'm just trying to figure out why you support Liverpool (not that there's anything wrong with it :D)?

canadian, played football since i was 4. dad toke me to get a man u jersey (he's a die hard fan) for my bday when i was 10, saw this carlsberg one and it was love at first sight. still got the shirt too :)

i ****ing love this game...

Jase

I really do want to watch the WorldCup.. but seriously.. I miss the sound of the ball kicked out by the players! Ban the vuvuzelus! realmad.gif

rajputwarrior

i know its all in the sprit of football in southafrica but id hate to be stood behind some one mindlessly blowing into one, they dont even make any tune at all

its just noise, cheep plastic toys for the stores that sell them to "cash in" they just look like larger versions of the horns you see people use at F1 races and concerts like glastonbry. and those dont sound much better either.

but still i hope the host for the next WC bans them.

duck on speed LoL

check this out.

http://deadspin.com/5302062/the-tiny-plastic-horn-that-will-ruin-the-world-cup

i just downloaded a Vuvuzela app for my iphone, im going to be abusing this app for the next month.

Calum

Did Lampard just totally miss the target for England yet AGAIN?!

canadian, played football since i was 4. dad toke me to get a man u jersey (he's a die hard fan) for my bday when i was 10, saw this carlsberg one and it was love at first sight. still got the shirt too :)

i ****ing love this game...

Ah, well I'm glad to hear it :) I always just wondered, that's all :D Is football popular in Canada at all? I don't remember ever hearing much about a Canadian team.

Darksoft

Howard is THE MAN.. he has kept the US in this game.

rajputwarrior

Ah, well I'm glad to hear it :) I always just wondered, that's all :D Is football popular in Canada at all? I don't remember ever hearing much about a Canadian team.

theres a lot of fans around, not many die hards though. me and a couple of buddy's is all i know who's a die hard. we suck at football, our country is only good at wintersports. specifically hockey... We do have one good footballer, but he plays for you guys (hargraeves).

Damo R.

If England stop kicking the ball to Howards hands we will score! :p

former1

Haha Rappy so true!!! Also ARGH Green WHY?!?!?!?!?! haha

rajputwarrior

crouch is in!

Zoom7000

i just downloaded a Vuvuzela app for my iphone, im going to be abusing this app for the next month.

Was wondering how long it would take!

StevenNT

Is it me or is the ITV commentators started to get drowned out by that f-ing racket ? I switched to BBC Radio 5's coverage as it was getting too much.

rajputwarrior

it's awesome, you shake the phone it makes the noise...

StevenNT

it's awesome, you shake the phone it makes the noise...

Done come to England and shake that to me then !

+Mystic

I only watch soccer during the World Cup so maybe somebody can explain this to me. Why doesn't the US just boot the ball down field when England pushes that many guys into the box?

Damo R.

*sigh*

a draw seems bang on atm!

vip

4-1 to England. ;)

Hope you're watching this ... no where close to that score :l

Tech Star

I think this is gonna be a tie....come on USA.

Zoom7000

*sigh*

a draw seems bang on atm!

Yeah, pathetic really, England should be walking all over this group. Think they would have performed better in the group of death! We've drawn/lost matches in the last 3 World Cups though:

2006: England 1 - 1 Sweden

2002: England 1 - 1 Sweden, England 0 - 0 Nigeria

1998: Romania 2 - 1 England

Darksoft

I hope we can hold on to get the draw.

@ Mystic: Because they would be offsides.

Zoom7000

lol, let's not get in to the offside rule!

+Mystic

So once the USA gets the ball with that many people in the box, they have to slowly pass it out of their territory?

Tech Star

I hate to say this, but this game was REALLY boring. :( I enjoyed watching the South Africa vs. Mexico yesterday (South Africa ftw), but this game was just back and forth kicking it to each other.

Wanderermy

ITS A TIE!

c3ntury

A draw eh? Not to bad.

Lechio

England's game is worst than expected. What an humiliating result against a second category team... :pinch: