[WC2010] Game 05 - England vs. United States

Who do you think will win?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• England
    • United States
    • Draw

way to not know how to play the sport you invented boys (Y) I hope the americans win.

Not being the best at a sport, even if you invented it yourself, is a problem that inevitably arises when there are other people who actually play it. This is obviously not a problem with Yankball, ice hokey, baseball and basketball. 'World Series' my foot :p

Not being the best at a sport, even if you invented it yourself, is a problem that inevitably arises when there are other people who actually play it. This is obviously not a problem with Yankball, ice hokey, baseball and basketball. 'World Series' my foot :p

whatever you gotta do to justify that an italian is your guyses coach... and an swede before that. what's next? a greek?

whatever you gotta do to justify that an italian is your guyses coach... and an swede before that. what's next? a greek?

whatever happened to Steve McClaren? ;)

I am for England, but i have a feeling that they are not in their best shape.

0-0 would be boring, and 1-0 for England would be ace!

They don't have to do anything to justify it, because a lot of countries have coaches from a another country.

Its common practice in the world of soccer.

I know its premature, and that the thread for game four hasn't been created. But I wanted to do it! The hype here in America is ridiculous, all media outlets are touting this as a HUGE game. Yes, us Americans are quite excited but I think part of the hype is them just wanting to increase interest in soccer - which I am all for. What about you fellas across the pond? Is it as big a deal to England and its supporters? Is the media going crazy or is it just another game to you guys? Some commercials here are even trying to include our Independence and using history to further hype the game.

any game in a world cup is a big deal. is this the first world cup you watch or what?

They don't have to do anything to justify it, because a lot of countries have coaches from a another country.

Its common practice in the world of soccer.

it makes sense for developing soccer nations (like south korea and Coelho) but England? really?

I think there is way to much hype for the USA team this year. Sure they've won a few games in the past, but they are not in the same league as say Argentina, England, Italy, Portugal etc. Those teams are far superior. I won't be surprised if England lays a thrashing on them.

Way too much hype on the US, I'll wait and see how they perform on the pitch.

whatever happened to Steve McClaren? ;)

you guyses demanded a brit after eriksson but after a year and a half you go to an italian? is there really no good managers in england?

you guyses demanded a brit after eriksson but after a year and a half you go to an italian? is there really no good managers in england?

Roy Hodgson (Y)

Confirmed England team: Green, Johnson, King, Terry, A Cole, Lennon, Lampard, Gerrard, Milner, Heskey, Rooney.

good to see Green getting the nod! but Heskey come on...he's about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

The USA's chances seem pretty decent, but I reckon it'll either be 2-1 to England or 0-0. It depends on how cocky the England team get.

C'mon good old USA!!!

Us Scots are rooting for ya :)

Always makes me wonder why the majority of our country gets behind Scotland for events when it's obviously never reciprocated. Guess that's jealously for you :laugh:

A *quote* from Emile 'The goal machine' Heskey

"I'm very pleased to be called up - I just hope Capello knows who I am. I'm sick of people thinking I'm Andy Cole." At which point Capello replied,"****."

I think it will be quite close, but England to win.