World Cup 2010: South Africa ponders vuvuzela ban

I've pretty much got used to it now. Leave them be. I bet the sound of the horns in the stadium makes for a crazy atmosphere.

I do usually prefer watching football either at home on my own, or in the pub where you can't really hear much anyway, so it's no different.

Ooo, Nice goal, Germany.

Im not deaf but i have a hearing impairment and i cant hear what the f***ing commentators are saying because of these goddamn horns that drone on for all 90 mins, no tune, no rhythm just noise, should i just "learn to live with it"?
Sorry, but yes you should. It is part of their culture, the WC is taking place in their country. We should accept their customs and traditions, we have no right to go in and ban something.
They should have the horns shoved up their ass.
:rolleyes:
fascinating
Oh dear, what go your knickers in a twist? :D

Sorry, but yes you should. It is part of their culture, the WC is taking place in their country. We should accept their customs and traditions, we have no right to go in and ban something.

Why, because someone is afraid of upsetting them because they are a 3rd world country and being branded racist?

It adds nothing to the game, people who have hearing impairments like myself cannot enjoy the game and we arent the only ones.

They can toot their horns however much they want outside of a game no one is telling them to stop full stop.

Oh dear, what go your knickers in a twist? :D

It was a random post in the wrong thread, I had to act >.>

And just heard, anything over 100 dB can damage your hearing after 15 minutes, those horns are at 127 dB, the noisiest "instrument" possible - THAT should be enough to ban 'em.

David Jordaan also stated, if one of those horns are thrown onto the field in anger or otherwise, they will be forced to act ( wut? ) I'm prepared to pack my bags and go there,

throw a couple of 'em onto the field and then go back home, just to do the civilized world a favour - Anyone willing to chip in for the flight ticket?

It was a random post in the wrong thread, I had to act >.>

And just heard, anything over 100 dB can damage your hearing after 15 minutes, those horns are at 127 dB, the noisiest "instrument" possible - THAT should be enough to ban 'em.

David Jordaan also stated, if one of those horns are thrown onto the field in anger or otherwise, they will be forced to act ( wut? ) I'm prepared to pack my bags and go there,

throw a couple of 'em onto the field and then go back home, just to do the civilized world a favour - Anyone willing to chip in for the flight ticket?

I have 5 more euros. It's not much, but I'd part with them for a good purpose. :p

They should have the horns shoved up their ass.

This is the best answer yet!

But FIFA should ban these ****ing horns.

All the games have the same "atmosphere" - there's no singing or chants unique to each country as its all drowned out.

And it's really annoying just watching it on the TV, I could never watch a game with them at the stadium. I think the players have a right to complain as well, it's the sort of irritating noise that can cause you to have a lapse in concentration

Why, because someone is afraid of upsetting them because they are a 3rd world country and being branded racist?

It adds nothing to the game, people who have hearing impairments like myself cannot enjoy the game and we arent the only ones.

They can toot their horns however much they want outside of a game no one is telling them to stop full stop.

so you are telling them to do what you like??

:laugh:

**** the French, complaining. Everybody else is dealing with it, it is part of SA culture, and adds atmosphere. Don't blame the horns or the ball (as commented on by ESPN commentators mid match) for your loss. You're under the same conditions everyone else is. Get over it.

I'm french and even if the french team sucks hard balls, I feel insulted by your comment. Vuvuzelas may be an integral part of the south african culture but they're just a big pain in the ass. Becausee of that I won't be watching any match of the world cup. So please, keep these kind of comments to your sorry ass. Thank you.

I dont even notice the noise. No big deal.

I don't...when I press mute :p

I kid...I just kind of forget they are now even though I can hear them not much I can do from home! :shiftyninja:

I'm french and even if the french team sucks hard balls, I feel insulted by your comment. Vuvuzelas may be an integral part of the south african culture but they're just a big pain in the ass. Becausee of that I won't be watching any match of the world cup. So please, keep these kind of comments to your sorry ass. Thank you.

Really........? :blink:

Volume down or mute button doesnt work? Play some music or watch it at a sports bar. That is a really silly reason to not watch.

i like it.

makes every worldcup something different in atmosphere.

(Y) i like them

overreaction1.jpg

i'm a france fan too, but i guess i love the team more then you because i'll watch all their games anyways...

I sure hope they follow through. Those things annoy me more than my wife telling me to stop drinking beer. :(