what I fail to understand is why Islamists and people who live the strict culture of their religion, live in a western christian founded country?.

I don't have a problem with Muslims wear a hijab or burka in their own country, but they come to Europe and North America and live like they do in the middle east.

Now the problem I also have is if a westerner would not conform to an Islamic Sharia law in the middle east they would be executed, so as far as i'm concerend the same

should appy in the west, that Isalmists must conform to Western Culture and Not wear Burka's or Hijabs etc.. if you want to waer that crap live in your own damn country and not in the

Chrisitan founded countries.

Secularism and Freedom of Religion aren't in your vocabulary I suppose?

what I fail to understand is why Islamists and people who live the strict culture of their religion, live in a western christian founded country?.

I don't have a problem with Muslims wear a hijab or burka in their own country, but they come to Europe and North America and live like they do in the middle east.

Now the problem I also have is if a westerner would not conform to an Islamic Sharia law in the middle east they would be executed, so as far as i'm concerend the same

should appy in the west, that Isalmists must conform to Western Culture and Not wear Burka's or Hijabs etc.. if you want to waer that crap live in your own damn country and not in the

Chrisitan founded countries.

Why is it that when a muslim person commits honor killings, all of a sudden it's Islam that is to blame, but when someone from another religion does so, their religion is not brought up?

You can search on the net...there are many cases where hindus/christians/etc have committed honor crimes, and they all have one thing in common; they are usually uneducated lower class people.

Get this in your head, there is NOTHING in Islam that advocates these barbaric acts.

I had a neighbor who did the exact same thing, His daughter liked a dutch guy, and she refused to cover her face.

So she ran away, after a while they made up and went on vacation to Turkey, her fathers home country.

This is where he killed her with a shotgun, the reason he gave? she apparently wasn't a virgin. Well the autopsy said otherwise.

The kicker is, Turkey just banned honor killings and he was sentenced to life in prison.

Turkey JUST banned them? When? I don't get these backward countries who only recently banned stuff like this. It should have happened a loooong time ago!

I think this man would have done this whether he is religious or not. Religion cannot turn people into killers - people are either killers or they are not. Even if one's religion suggests they murder (and I'm not suggesting Islam does such a thing), it's up to the person whether they go through with it.

Please, please, please can we just put a bullet in his head? There's no rehabilitating people like this. He has nothing to add to this planet, humanity and society in general. Lets get rid of him, hands down.

I agree this person deserves the death penalty, but I believe there are more humane ways than a bullet through the head. He deserves to be put to death, but whenever anybody is put to death for their crimes, it should be painless - they should be put to death in order to protect society, not for revenge purposes.

I think this man would have done this whether he is religious or not. Religion cannot turn people into killers - people are either killers or they are not. Even if one's religion suggests they murder (and I'm not suggesting Islam does such a thing), it's up to the person whether they go through with it.

I agree this person deserves the death penalty, but I believe there are more humane ways than a bullet through the head. He deserves to be put to death, but whenever anybody is put to death for their crimes, it should be painless - they should be put to death in order to protect society, not for revenge purposes.

I'm not saying this to be argumentative or provoke you, but it seems to me that a properly-aimed bullet to the head would actually produce relatively little pain on grounds that it would kill instantly. If you absolutely have to be sure, there's always larger caliber rounds or shotguns. Not clean or elegant by any means but the condemned is going to feel a split second of pain at most before it's lights-out.

As for humane executions, as far as I know nitrogen hypoxia is the only suitable option that doesn't involve instant death by hot lead. Supposedly there's a feeling of euphoria prior to death when nitrogen is used.

EDIT: As for whether Islam or individuals are to blame for this, the answer is "both." Scum like the father and brother in the article are nothing more than power-crazed, probably misogynistic degenerates who deserve to die for their crimes (and find out that their god and their prophet were nothing but lies). Islam is a disgustingly authoritarian belief system that serves as an ideal scapegoat or false justification for such atrocities. I favour eradicating the plague of faith (this means Islam, Christianity, and all other religions) so that filth like the murderers in the article have nowhere to hide and no excuses to make.

harsh...! get with the times people! sad that things like this still happen...!!! waste of life!

i disagree with them being put to the death. i do not believe one murder should be answered by another.

according to the paper they were sentenced to life without chance of parole for 18 years. while i don't think they should ever be paroled i do believe this is a fitting punishment for the crime.

i do not blame islam but rather the culture they came from, of which islam is ofc a major part. some of these customs pre date islam in those cultures however.

i am torn between freedom of religion and the oppression of women with burqas and such, often by their husbands or fathers who otherwise integrate themselves in canadian(and western) culture by wearing blue jeans and shaving.

i used to live in a very mutlicultural city in western canada, and you'd see all manners of dress and such. but i never did see a burqa there. and you'd see women wearing religiously influenced garb, both muslim and christian, working in service sector jobs such as fast food and such. though most of the people i met there were pretty moderate.

i disagree with them being put to the death. i do not believe one murder should be answered by another.

according to the paper they were sentenced to life without chance of parole for 18 years. while i don't think they should ever be paroled i do believe this is a fitting punishment for the crime.

i do not blame islam but rather the culture they came from, of which islam is ofc a major part. some of these customs pre date islam in those cultures however.

i am torn between freedom of religion and the oppression of women with burqas and such, often by their husbands or fathers who otherwise integrate themselves in canadian(and western) culture by wearing blue jeans and shaving.

i used to live in a very mutlicultural city in western canada, and you'd see all manners of dress and such. but i never did see a burqa there. and you'd see women wearing religiously influenced garb, both muslim and christian, working in service sector jobs such as fast food and such. though most of the people i met there were pretty moderate.

With regard to freedom of religion, I look at it this way: Individual liberty, personal freedom to live one's life as one pleases, for human beings is of paramount importance. More important than life itself (as evidenced by numerous social and military revolutions throughout history). Freedom of religion is a part of this, no matter how stupid and worthless I personally may consider religion itself to be. However, when religion holds undue influence over society and begins to infringe on others' individual liberty (e.g. the freedom of a woman to go out in public, unaccompanied, without a burqa or other such covering beyond simple clothing), then it has committed the highest offense against humanity - suppression of freedom. This guilt renders it unfit to continue existing in its current form. I support the freedom of people to practice private, personal Islam, but not the socially-confining, Sharia-inflicting, holy-war-waging, apostate-murdering cultural Islam that routinely makes headlines.

If someone wants to restrict their own freedoms via self-imposed rules, fine. But the instant they try that on someone else, they need to be smacked down hard. Not necessarily killed, but harshly prevented from restricting another's freedom.

With regard to freedom of religion, I look at it this way: Individual liberty, personal freedom to live one's life as one pleases, for human beings is of paramount importance. More important than life itself (as evidenced by numerous social and military revolutions throughout history). Freedom of religion is a part of this, no matter how stupid and worthless I personally may consider religion itself to be. However, when religion holds undue influence over society and begins to infringe on others' individual liberty (e.g. the freedom of a woman to go out in public, unaccompanied, without a burqa or other such covering beyond simple clothing), then it has committed the highest offense against humanity - suppression of freedom. This guilt renders it unfit to continue existing in its current form. I support the freedom of people to practice private, personal Islam, but not the socially-confining, Sharia-inflicting, holy-war-waging, apostate-murdering cultural Islam that routinely makes headlines.

If someone wants to restrict their own freedoms via self-imposed rules, fine. But the instant they try that on someone else, they need to be smacked down hard. Not necessarily killed, but harshly prevented from restricting another's freedom.

i more or less agree, but it's a slippery slope.

however when religion is in conflict with the laws of a society, i believe the laws of a society should win. that being said in the past there have been laws in many western nations which have obviously been aimed at curtailing certain religious practices, for both good and bad. so it's not exactly cut and dry.

fundamentalism, whichever religion it's practiced in the name of, tends to be contrary to the ideals of a free society.

on topic: how sad :no:

Why is it that when a muslim person commits honor killings, all of a sudden it's Islam that is to blame, but when someone from another religion does so, their religion is not brought up?

You can search on the net...there are many cases where hindus/christians/etc have committed honor crimes, and they all have one thing in common; they are usually uneducated lower class people.

Get this in your head, there is NOTHING in Islam that advocates these barbaric acts.

bull****, Its 10 times more likely to be a muslim doing such a thing instead of the other religions. If you look at all the instances of this crap as a whole for like say the past 20 years, I bet without a doubt the majority of these incidents were from muslims.

bull****, Its 10 times more likely to be a muslim doing such a thing instead of the other religions. If you look at all the instances of this crap as a whole for like say the past 20 years, I bet without a doubt the majority of these incidents were from muslims.

I feel you are right. I wonder why that is so?

i'd blame the people, not the religion/faith...

when you misinterpret something you just take what you want out of it

I agree. I know plenty of muslims who are much more tolerant. This kind of thing just gives them a bad name.

Lol @ all the people here wanting him dead :D not really justice...

Perhaps not, but it would help protect society and I think that should be a higher priority than justice.

Almost all of those "muslims" are usually dumb uneducated pieces of ****. This act is more of a delusional male superiority syndrome combined with false sense of a Honor. Being judged by the community, that is the fear these retards have.

Religion is one string that is attached to this case but this wasn't just the outcome of "wearing hijab" or religion, it's a case of misguided traditions.

• Like 1

Almost all of those "muslims" are usually dumb uneducated pieces of ****. This act is more of a delusional male superiority syndrome combined with false sense of a Honor. Being judged by the community, that is the fear these retards have.

Religion is one string that is attached to this case but this wasn't just the outcome of "wearing hijab" or religion, it's a case of misguided traditions.

(Y) That pretty much sums up everything, males in the family can't stand not having complete control so they do vile things like this. What "honour" do they have now? They're murderers.

in case i forgot to post this:

honour killings also happen in india, where things like marrying outside of one's own caste is seen as shameful and dishonourable. even though the caste system iirc from my high school studies, has been outlawed since the 1950's or earlier.