HostileGamer

Was wondering if this game was going to be like previous ones and let you tune up your cars with money you win from races in GT mode. I had prologue for a week or so and didn't see that feature. Thanks

+Audioboxer

Are we still getting the F1 car? It was in prologue... the E3 trailer shows Vettel and Newy (F1 redbull, Driver and designer) doing voice...

Yeah F1 cars are still in.

Hedon

Was wondering if this game was going to be like previous ones and let you tune up your cars with money you win from races in GT mode. I had prologue for a week or so and didn't see that feature. Thanks

We have not seen confirmation of the F1 or Indy series making it into GT5.

• 3 weeks later...
zeta_immersion

I don't care about damage or weather, but hell, if they through in "Crocodile Mile racing", hell with those graphics this will sell like ... well I dono but it will sell tons

Corris

Confirmation of F1? Huh?

I think he is referring to this image where it says "Formule Un" near the bottom.

Though I don't read the language, so for all I know it says there are three F1 cars, and the rest they talk about trees, lol.

Hedon

Yeah. That is not confirmation of F1 though. That is like saying GT5 prologue has the F1 series because of one F1 car.

x9248

Well it does say "Categories" right on the top of the page...

Aaron Olive

USA

nws12804677664627306.png

Gran Turismo 5

Collector's Edition DLC Cars Revealed

Last Updated : Aug 04, 2010

Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line Edition

BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line Edition

Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 Chrome Line Edition

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe Chrome Line Edition

Shelby Cobra 427 Chrome Line Edition

The Collector's Edition for Gran Turismo 5 ($99.99 SRP), announced June 15, includes a wealth of exclusive content, including a voucher for five exclusive downloadable cars with custom-designed liveries from the artists at Polyphony Digital.

Today marks the first time these cars are being revealed to the public.

Gran Turismo® 5 Collector's Edition Downloadable Cars:

o Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line Edition

web_audi%20r8%205.2%20fsi%20quattro%20chrome%20line.jpg

o BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line Edition

web_bmw%20m3%20coupe%20chrome%20line.jpg

o Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 Chrome Line Edition

web_lamborghini%20murci%C3%A9lago%20lp%20640%20chrome%20line.jpg

o Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe Chrome Line Edition

web_mercedes-benz%20300%20sl%20coupe%20chrome%20line.jpg

o Shelby Cobra 427 Chrome Line Edition

web_shelby%20cobra%20427%20chrome%20line.jpg

The Collector's Edition will be released on November 2, 2010, alongside the stand-alone version. See here for full Collector's Edition details. Quantities are limited, so be sure to pre-order your copy today.

SOURCE

Aaron Olive

UK

nws12809180656999690.jpg

Gran Turismo 5

Three Gran Turismo®5 editions announced: pick your upgrade!

Last Updated : Aug 03, 2010

The world’s slickest driving game for PlayStation 3 to hit stores as a Standard Edition, a fully-loaded Collector’s Edition and a luxury, accessory-packed Signature Edition

Sony Computer Entertainment and Polyphony Digital have announced three different editions of the forthcoming Gran Turismo®5 for PlayStation®3 (PS3), offering racing fans more options than ever for immersing themselves in the drive of a lifetime. The eagerly-awaited game is scheduled to arrive this November – and here’s what to look out for on the starting grid.

Standard Edition

More than a thousand cars, a global community of racers, the world’s most iconic racetracks and the drive of a lifetime – that’s Gran Turismo 5. Experience astounding realism, pulse-raising physics, high-speed thrills and a full tank of international motoring glamour as you race against friends at home or online against champions from around the world, and build yourself a stable of the finest cars ever to have graced the tarmac anywhere. One of the world’s best-selling driving games is back, packed with new features, new rides and new experiences that’ll take your life into the fast lane like never before.

Collector's Edition

A highly-desirable upgrade for serious racers and motoring fans, this eye-catching edition comes with plenty of added horsepower inside its high-end collector’s box. As well as the game itself, you’ll get:

• Exclusive Special Edition inlay sleeve art

• 200+ page ‘Apex’ driver’s magazine with hints on driving technique, car tuning, future technologies and more

• Five Collector’s Edition artcards featuring exclusive artwork

• In-game ‘ChromeLine’ vehicle pack: five performance-enhanced cars ready to race

• Exclusive dynamic theme to customize your PS3 XMB

Signature Edition

Reminiscent of a no-expense-spared supercar launch, this luxury edition puts the pedal to the metal as soon as you open its contoured steel case – which is finished in Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG ‘Obsidian Black’. As well as the game, the ‘Apex’ driver’s magazine and the ChromeLine car pack, you’ll get:

• An exclusive, branded Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 1:43 scale model car

• A Gran Turismo leather wallet and metal Gran Turismo key fob

• A Signature Edition coffee table book featuring the beautiful cars and locations of Gran Turismo

• A bespoke Gran Turismo 5 USB key with a trailer showing the collaboration between Mercedes-Benz and Polyphony that brought the SLS AMG to screen

• Six additional in-game ‘Stealth’ cars including the McLaren F1 and the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and a dynamic theme

• For those 18 or over and resident in a participating country, the chance to win a real-life Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG – your very own gull-winged, 6.3-litre-engined supercar - in a competition like no other! Full terms and conditions will be made available shortly here on www.eu.gran-turismo.com.

Click For Full Preview

gt5%20-%20standard%20packshot.jpggt5%20-%203d%20collectors.jpggt5%20-%203%20packs.jpggt5%20-%20full%20box.jpggt5%20-%20fob%20key.jpggt5%20-%20wallet.jpggt5%20-%20black%20fob.jpggt5%20-%20model%20car.jpg

4859753578_fa60712c80.jpg4859128791_2aec06a14f.jpg4859753224_b168fe827c.jpg4859754236_60f363f0c8.jpg4859754004_a657b30241.jpg4859753362_2a9252fb0c.jpg

Full Resolution Set Here

The Signature Edition competition will be open to residents of the following countries;

• UK

• Ireland

• Germany

• Austria

• France

• Switzerland

• Portugal

• Spain

• Italy

• Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway

• Greece

• Czech Republic

• Russia

• Poland

• Australia

• New Zealand

• South Africa

• UAE

• Saudi Arabia

What’s more if you pre-order your Standard or Collector’s Edition you also might be lucky enough to get hold of one of a selection of exclusive in-game vehicles including the Audi R10 TDI Stealth Model, Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model, Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model, Mazda 787B Stealth Model, McLaren F1 Stealth Model, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model.

Are you ready for the drive of your life? The Gran Turismo 5 Standard Edition, Collector’s Edition and Signature Edition for PS3 arrive this November.

SOURCE

Hedon

Dang...I want both editions!

BTW, where is the damn Porsche announcement!?

Aaron Olive

Dang...I want both editions!

BTW, where is the damn Porsche announcement!?

i don't think Porsche is gonna make it again :cry: Due to the aholes over at EA that have the contract for Their Dying Need For Speed franchise. :angry:

looks like we might still get the livery editor though. :D

rajputwarrior

the UK signature DLC is A LOT better

too bad not in canada. oh well in the collectors edition still get a model of my fave car the skyline :)

Sethos

God the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG plus it's in a vile colour? I would SO have bought the signature edition had they included an awesome looking car in a proper paint scheme.

AbandonedTrolley

God the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG plus it's in a vile colour? I would SO have bought the signature edition had they included an awesome looking car in a proper paint scheme.

This.... although I don't think I will be letting the paint job put me off and will still be going all out for the Signature Edition of this.

Aaron Olive

The extra cars will be given away 6 months from release just like the PSP GT, so there's no point in buying these other editions unless you're a SE collector, as for me i just want the the game only.

Hedon

i don't think Porsche is gonna make it again :cry: Due to the aholes over at EA that have the contract for Their Dying Need For Speed franchise. :angry:

looks like we might still get the livery editor though. :D

I can't imagine EA being the issue. Turn 10 has them.

Xeon

I can't imagine EA being the issue. Turn 10 has them.

What else can it be than? I want my 911's. I mean, if I can't have them at least put the RUF's back in there :D

Sethos

What else can it be than? I want my 911's. I mean, if I can't have them at least put the RUF's back in there :D

Bad blood between PD and Porsche, PD refusing to pay high licensing fees or agree to certain terms, Porsche being obtuse for the fun of it etc.

There's a million reasons and we will probably never really know why.

Aaron Olive

Well RUF is still there, and maybe it's not EA then i guess Porsche are greedy ######, at-least i have my Veyron, Lambo, and my Prancing Horses hehe :cool: .

Aaron Olive

Kazunori Yamauchi Tweets GT5 is on the home stretch :woot:

GT5 is supposed to be be completed soon.

Too often, so of course, still no end.

"Do not forget the random and had the

cure," but some say that, like this time

of "War" is a good opportunity to experience again.

Enjoy.

"War" for those who have never

experienced first is the property of life.

English Tweet

Japanese Tweet

Jan

This game alone is going to sell the PS3 like hotcakes.