And like I said earlier, it won't happen, because there's an official F1 game coming out next month.

They'll probably have the old Ferrari F2007 in there again, but not much else.

I'd love for them to put in some classic F1 cars. After playing Grand Prix Legends, I'd love to have some of those 1967 F1 cars in GT5. It won't happen, but it'd be nice.

Nobody cares about the F1 game coming out next month when concerned with having F1 in GT5. I don't give two hoots about EA's NASCAR game, but I get NASCAR series in GT5. Point is, we wanted F1 before go karts.

Classic F1, IRL would be great. Even some REMAX/ARCA late models from local tracks would be sweet.

Nobody cares about the F1 game coming out next month when concerned with having F1 in GT5.

Umm, I do. There hasn't been an official F1 game for nearly four years, so I'm really excited for this one.

Umm, I do. There hasn't been an official F1 game for nearly four years, so I'm really excited for this one.

I didn't say people didn't care about the F1 game coming out next month. I said "when concerned with having F1 in GT5". The F1 game (which I too am buying) is all great and dandy. But I don't care about that game in the GT5 discussion we are having.

I didn't say people didn't care about the F1 game coming out next month. I said "when concerned with having F1 in GT5". The F1 game (which I too am buying) is all great and dandy. But I don't care about that game in the GT5 discussion we are having.

It sounded like it in your last post:

Nobody cares about the F1 game coming out next month when concerned with having F1 in GT5.

Anyway, F1 2010 is the reason why GT5 won't have all of this season's F1 cars. It would impact the sales of the official game.

WRC is a bit more confusing though. I've read that the whole series has been confirmed for GT5. The only reason I could think this is happening is they know the official game is going to be bad. Well, it is Milestone developing the game, so it would be a safe bet that it'll be a bad game. They haven't made a half-decent racing game since Racing Evoluzione (known as APEX in the US) from 2003.

I'd rather GT5 didn't have F1.

Why not? One of Gran Turismo's big selling points is it has lots of variety. GT4 had everything from supercars to (non-licensed) F1 cars to tiny little hatchback, and even the first ever car! You'd never use it for more than five minutes, but it's a bit of a laugh, and there is someone out there who would use it.

We got a single F1 car in GT5 Prologue, which we all know how you got to race that. They have confirmed WRC Series and NASCAR Series in the game. But they have not shown anything related to F1. I haven't seen a single video or game demo with any F1 series in it. We want more than just one or two F1 cars. And we surely want F1 way before Mario Kart.

If you want F1, go buy the OFFICIAL game (which is turning out to look great -

).

+1/. I do too. I've been following the Codemasters F1 2010 game for over 2 years now. Can't wait to get it next month!

It sounded like it in your last post:

Nope.

Anyway, F1 2010 is the reason why GT5 won't have all of this season's F1 cars. It would impact the sales of the official game.

Not sure I follow. F1 is not made by PD. That is like saying Polyphony wouldn't release GT5 because Turn 10 has a bunch of the same cars because they don't want to impact the sales of Forza.

WRC is a bit more confusing though. I've read that the whole series has been confirmed for GT5. The only reason I could think this is happening is they know the official game is going to be bad.

No, they (developers) don't think this way.

Why not? One of Gran Turismo's big selling points is it has lots of variety.

Agreed.

To join in the F1 convo, even if I don't really care about F1 cars, but having F1 in the game would depend on getting the rights for the series/cars surely, and Sony already gave them up a couple of years ago.

So wouldn't it depend on whether PD could either get a hold of them for some cars, if Sony were willing to spend the money in the first place, or even if Codemasters have an exclusive deal or something?

Just throwing it out there.

Not sure I follow. F1 is not made by PD. That is like saying Polyphony wouldn't release GT5 because Turn 10 has a bunch of the same cars because they don't want to impact the sales of Forza.

That's some logic fail right there. Why would PD care at all how Forza sales are impacted? The FACT is F1 2010 made by Codemasters is the ONLY game with the official F1 license and as such is the reason why GT5 won't have but one or two (RBR 2010 and F2007) F1 cars.

Well, the FIA are the license holders. Naturally, they'd want the official games of their race series to sell well to increase the population of the series. Plus, they'd get more money from the sale of an official game than from the sale of a game that has just a few of their cars.

Well, the FIA are the license holders. Naturally, they'd want the official games of their race series to sell well to increase the population of the series. Plus, they'd get more money from the sale of an official game than from the sale of a game that has just a few of their cars.

That is where I still don't follow. If GT can also license F1, why would they care about Codemasters. They licensed NASCAR, even though we have NASCAR licensed games out there already. They licensed WRC, even though we have games with licensed WRC.

There is the Ferrari racing series game, yet we get Ferrari's licensed in GT and Forza as well as SHIFT. There isn't any reason why we can't have multiple licenses, including F1. Now, if that F1 license is indeed exclusive to say, Codemasters, and GT can't obtain it, then that explains it. Forza doesn't have F1 either, so it could be a licensing issue.

No, they (developers) don't think this way.

I was talking about the FIA, not Milestone.

Milestone can't get it into their heads that they can't make a good racing game. Since 1995, they have created 19 racing games (WRC included), and they've only come close on two occasions: Racing Evoluzione/APEX (2003), and SCAR: Squadro Corse Alfa Romeo/Alfa Romeo Racing Italiano (2005).

That is where I still don't follow. If GT can also license F1, why would they care about Codemasters. They licensed NASCAR, even though we have NASCAR licensed games out there already. They licensed WRC, even though we have games with licensed WRC.

There is the Ferrari racing series game, yet we get Ferrari's licensed in GT and Forza as well as SHIFT. There isn't any reason why we can't have multiple licenses, including F1. Now, if that F1 license is indeed exclusive and GT can't obtain it, then that explains it. Forza doesn't have F1 either, so it could be a licensing issue.

You still fail. EA no longer has the NASCAR license. No one does to my knowledge, HOWEVER, PD has been given the go to include SOME NASCAR cars and drivers in GT5. It's still not a full NASCAR game which hopefully someone will make in the next year or two. As for F1, Codemasters have the official license and can therefore include EVERYTHING related to F1 in their game. PD on the other-hand can include the 2007 Ferrari and it appears the 2010 Red Bull Racing. We haven't seen anything else and I don't expect any other F1 cars to make it into the game. This is all because of licenses. Codemasters paid a good amount of money to have the F1 license so naturally they aren't going to allow PD to put more F1 cars into GT5. This is just pertaining to F1, what WRC does is up to them.

There is the Ferrari racing series game, yet we get Ferrari's licensed in GT and Forza as well as SHIFT. There isn't any reason why we can't have multiple licenses, including F1. Now, if that F1 license is indeed exclusive to say, Codemasters, and GT can't obtain it, then that explains it. Forza doesn't have F1 either, so it could be a licensing issue.

I was just throwing it out there that there might be other reasons behind a lack of possible F1 content.

It could simply be a licensing price issues, I swear I remember reading something when Sony gave up the rights that they wanted more and more money, maybe it was cheaper to go with WRC and Nascar than just F1.

Who knows, shouldn't be too long till we find out the full content of the game.

There is the Ferrari racing series game, yet we get Ferrari's licensed in GT and Forza as well as SHIFT. There isn't any reason why we can't have multiple licenses, including F1. Now, if that F1 license is indeed exclusive and GT can't obtain it, then that explains it. Forza doesn't have F1 either, so it could be a licensing issue.

It's the FIA that care, not PD.

As for NASCAR, there hasn't been an official NASCAR game for two years (NASCAR Kart Racing on the Wii doesn't count), so no, there isn't a recent one out there.

And you're just straying off the point with the Ferraris. That's their own cars; Ferrari can do whatever they like with them. Licensing cars from an FIA racing series and cars from a manufacturer are two completely different things.

To get licensed cars from a manufacturer, you just need permission from the manufacturer (and possibly from the race series organiser if you want to put in official racing cars as well). To get licenses cars from a racing series, you need permission from the organiser, plus permission from every single manufacturer that races in the series, and sometimes, not everyone will agree to it. It's like that in football games. Some international teams (the Netherlands being a good recent example) don't have the official player names in the game because they don't agree to it.

It could simply be a licensing price issues, I swear I remember reading something when Sony gave up the rights that they wanted more and more money, maybe it was cheaper to go with WRC and Nascar than just F1.

That wouldn't be a surprise, really. Bernie Ecclestone is quite a greedy little person.

I was just throwing it out there that there might be other reasons behind a lack of possible F1 content.

Agreed. That is what I am trying to figure out, because we wanted F1 in GT5.

It could simply be a licensing price issues

Probably. It makes me wonder though, is Porsche also a license issue? We still don't have that in GT5, yet other games do.

Who knows, shouldn't be too long till we find out the full content of the game.

True. We won't know really until the actual game is in our hands.

As for NASCAR, there hasn't been an official NASCAR game for two years (NASCAR Kart Racing on the Wii doesn't count), so no, there isn't a recent one out there.

Doesn't matter if there is a recent one or not, it's still a series. EA chose not to make a recent NASCAR title. They never lost their license, they just let it expire. It never really sold that well anyway.

And you're just straying off the point with the Ferraris. That's their own cars; Ferrari can do whatever they like with them. Licensing cars from an FIA racing series and cars from a manufacturer are two completely different things.

Not really. I was just pointing out that cars and series all need licenses, and MORE than one game can obtain a license for a particular car/brand/series. Not all of the are exclusive to a particular game.

To get licensed cars from a manufacturer, you just need permission from the manufacturer (and possibly from the race series organiser if you want to put in official racing cars as well). To get licenses cars from a racing series, you need permission from the organiser, plus permission from every single manufacturer that races in the series, and sometimes, not everyone will agree to it. It's like that in football games. Some international teams (the Netherlands being a good recent example) don't have the official player names in the game because they don't agree to it.

Yup, 100% aware of that. Which brings us back full circle. I would rather they had spent more time working on getting F1 in our game (if they can legally do it) then put in go karts.

Guys shut the trap, the game has more features than any other console sim racer, all your whining is worse than a day in kindergarten laugh.gif

Guys shut the trap, the game has more features than any other console sim racer, all your whining is worse than a day in kindergarten laugh.gif

Huh.jpg

I don't see an issue with people discussing their wishes. Yup it contains a load of stuff, but yeah I too would have loved to see some serious F1 integration in it. Highly unlikely due to the licencing though as we know.

OH NOES!!111!! People that have different opinions than AB are NOT allowed.

We are truly sorry your Highness, we shall be quiet and stop sharing opinions now.