Guys shut the trap, the game has more features than any other console sim racer, all your whining is worse than a day in kindergarten laugh.gif

rbzfjm.gif

****. Now I don't know if I should re-buy a PS3 for this game this year or re-buy a X360 for Reach this year. :( Decisions, decisions.

****. Now I don't know if I should re-buy a PS3 for this game this year or re-buy a X360 for Reach this year. :( Decisions, decisions.

If you had the money I would say get both, I bought a replace PS3 and an Xbox 360 at the same time, the GAME employes seemed pretty happy, though people on the way to the car kept giving me looks lol.

But if you can only get one, I would decide on which you will play the most over a period of time, or what other recent games are coming out too that you might want and let that guide your decision.

rbzfjm.gif

GET BOTH!

If you can't afford both brand new, then how about going second-hand? You should be able to get both for the price of a new PS3, or even as cheap as a new 360, if you're lucky.

If those images posted by Killa Aaron are from GT5 then I really want to know how they did it because with the level of hardware present in the system I seriously doubt graphical detail at that level is possible unless these are all still shots and not at all indicative of actual game play.

I really wish this game was on PC. Hardware that could actually run it at higher visual quality than is even present in these shots while maintaining full motion and playability.

If those images posted by Killa Aaron are from GT5 then I really want to know how they did it because with the level of hardware present in the system I seriously doubt graphical detail at that level is possible unless these are all still shots and not at all indicative of actual game play.

I really wish this game was on PC. Hardware that could actually run it at higher visual quality than is even present in these shots while maintaining full motion and playability.

These are ingame real time shots, the last one is Nurburgring with the Mercedes classes.

Maybe PD is utilising the full potential of the PS3. No one has really done it so far.

Maybe PD is utilising the full potential of the PS3. No one has really done it so far.

Yep the power of the CELL.

575280625.png

436767943.png

298124838.jpg

I don't know about this version but I do remember screenshots of a previous GT that looked great (for the time) but then it turned out it was only in a specific replay mode or photo mode, not in-game, as in not the same graphics while you were driving the car. To me it would seem like some of these shots are like that, particularly the one of the Lamborghini wheel.

Yep the power of the CELL.

That would be great if the Cell was a GPU. But it is a CPU. The GPU present in the PS3 is basically a 7800GT and I seriously do fail to see how they are able to output graphics this detailed when no one else can. These shots don't even match Prologue or live footage of GT5 itself.

That would be great if the Cell was a GPU. But it is a CPU. The GPU present in the PS3 is basically a 7800GT and I seriously do fail to see how they are able to output graphics this detailed when no one else can. These shots don't even match Prologue or live footage of GT5 itself.

I do have to say that i agree with you, this game does have some amazing detail and also the shot with the three Mercedes cars is in fact a in game shot you have to remember that it has been two years since Prologue released and the game has had an overhaul in the graphics and physics department, example take Uncharted and compare the huge difference to Uncharted 2 it had an amazing jump in the graphics department and also GOW III looked amazing too.

But most of the photo's are photo mode or the main menus of the GT5 screen, but besides the fact the detail is there and it's astonishing.

I do have to say that i agree with you, this game does have some amazing detail and also the shot with the three Mercedes cars is in fact a in game shot you have to remember that it has been two years since Prologue released and the game has had an overhaul in the graphics and physics department, example take Uncharted and compare the huge difference to Uncharted 2 it had an amazing jump in the graphics department and also GOW III looked amazing too.

I also pointed out that the screenshots do not match the live footage that has been shown of GT5 so far. The non-prologue GT5. The one these shots are from.

These are ingame real time shots, the last one is Nurburgring with the Mercedes classes.

Those are in game "REPLAY" shots. Not actual game play while you play (which look different). Don't get me wrong, the shots are sexy as hell (as were the replay shots in GT5p), but unfortunately those are not what you see while you are actually driving. That is the usual Polyphony PR/Marketing department doing what they do best.

Here is how the marketing works fellas:

Marketing:

gran_turismo_5_prologue_157.jpg

Actual Gameplay:

gran_turismo_5_prologue_149.jpg

Marketing:

gran_turismo_5_prologue_164.jpg

Actual Gameplay:

gran_turismo_5_prologue_155.jpg

And what marketing won't show you is the jaggies when running in game, full rez at the pseudo 1080p:

Gran%20Turismo%205%20Prologue-5.jpg

We can still be sure though that the in-game graphics will still be superb.

Yes we can. They look great, even the in game ones are really good.

Those are in game "REPLAY" shots. Not actual game play while you play (which look different). Don't get me wrong, the shots are sexy as hell (as were the replay shots in GT5p), but unfortunately those are not what you see while you are actually driving. That is the usual Polyphony PR/Marketing department doing what they do best.

lol well yeah cause we can't drive in these type of camera view's to see the detail, if we could get the chase cam like in GTA 4 we could probably see the same detail or almost.

lol well yeah cause we can't drive in these type of camera view's to see the detail, if we could get the chase cam like in GTA 4 we could probably see the same detail.

No, we wouldn't get the same detail. Replay mode and photomode ups the all the details. Forza 3 does that as well. It's a well known gimmick for sales. But in the end people don't care if actual ingame doesn't match the replay/photomode because they enjoy the game so much...AND enjoy the replay/photomode so much.

No, we wouldn't get the same detail. Replay mode and photomode ups the all the details. Forza 3 does that as well. It's a well known gimmick for sales. But in the end people don't care if actual ingame doesn't match the replay/photomode because they enjoy the game so much...AND enjoy the replay/photomode so much.

True, also those are old Prologue shots from 08 so hopefully the AA has been worked on to reduce Jagged edges.