[WC2010] Round of 16 - Germany vs. England (Match 51)

Who will win game 51?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Germany or England?

2. 2. How many goals will Germany score?

3. 3. How many goals will England score?

They need to have a challenge system like in American football! Throw down a flag or something to challenge a call that the ref made and have a limited amount of those a game (3 maybe). That way both teams won't be cheated out of goals and calls and refs won't be scrutinized if they make bad calls due to bad judgment.

That is way too complicated because there are stoppages every 10 seconds in american football compared to real football. The easiest way to implement this is for the ref to blow the whistle and tell the 5th referee to review the play. There is no need for red flags or for anything of that sort. If the ref is unsure about a crucial play, then he should stop play for a review. It should not take more than 2 minutes to review a given play which is about how much an injured player takes off the clock when he's hurt, or pretends he's hurt.

what ,nobody found this funny?

no....if it was some reference to heathrow and its failing, I think you mean terminal 5 not 4?....

no....if it was some reference to heathrow and its failing, I think you mean terminal 5 not 4?....

germany scored 4 goals, the fourth implying the england teams's return to the UK LHR airport (im guessing)

I did tweet earlier that England got Blattered, but there is no need for the play on words now, we pretty much got battered!

I've always picked West Ham in Football Manager because in addition to the fact that I support them, I always wanted a challenge, on this showing, maybe I should pick England instead - That might be near enough impossible!

I just played a quick game of FIFA 2010 online as England in World Cup mode. I lost 4-0 to USA, drew 1-1 with Algeria and lost 4-1 to Slovenia. Although this is more likely due to the fact that I play like an arse at these games. Although I did finish 6th in the league when playing in the premiership as Liverpool.

2ue64pf.jpg

Obviously that wasn't a goal. The game was never tied @ 2. Anyone who isn't blind can obviously see that the ball never went over the line. Just like the US, which had this happen to them twice (though under different circumstances). The refs are always right. Wait...

Well, I didn't watch the game, but after reading up on it and watching some of the videos, and reading these thoughts by the beebs pundits, things really must change.

That is way too complicated because there are stoppages every 10 seconds in american football compared to real football. The easiest way to implement this is for the ref to blow the whistle and tell the 5th referee to review the play. There is no need for red flags or for anything of that sort. If the ref is unsure about a crucial play, then he should stop play for a review. It should not take more than 2 minutes to review a given play which is about how much an injured player takes off the clock when he's hurt, or pretends he's hurt.

So what if there was more than one crucial play? What do you call a "crucial play"? Red card agressiveness? A penalty? Shots like these? etc....

what ,nobody found this funny?

No. You failed.

All of you who are crying, saying it would have been different 2-2, saying England was robbed.........

38731.jpg

Stop crying and whip the tears.

They need to get some sodding goal line technology in there, having this **** happen in this day and age is a ****ing joke. Would of been a completely different game had it been 2-2 at the beginning of the second half.

German keeper feels he ?fooled the referee?

Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer admitted he ?fooled? referee Jorge Larrionda into making the most controversial decision of the World Cup.

Neuer carried on playing even when Frank Lampard?s 38th-minute lob bounced over the line and appeared to give England a clear goal at Free State Stadium. The 24-year-old grabbed the ball and swiftly kicked it upfield as England?s disbelieving players rounded upon Larrionda and begged him to reconsider his decision.

?I didn?t react because I just wanted to concentrate on carrying on and making the game fast,? said Neuer, who plays for Schalke in the German Bundesliga. ?I realized it was tight, but I was quite sure it was over the line. I think that perhaps the way I carried on so quickly fooled the referee and made him think it was not over.

?After the game I was in doping control and saw it on the television. And yes, of course it was over and should have been a goal for England. It was lucky for us and unlucky for them.?

The German team was equally as stunned as England by its slice of good fortune. Head coach Joachim Loew was spotted nudging his assistant and smiling at their luck, while England boss Fabio Capello fumed nearby.

Neuer insisted, though, that the Lampard no-goal made no difference to the eventual outcome Sunday, 4-1, claiming Germany would have won the match in any case.

?It was one incident and yes, it was important,? Neuer said. ?But I believe we were the stronger team and deserved to win the game even without this.

?If you look at the way the match played out then I think our team would have scored the goals we needed just like we did. When you have good luck in football it is important to capitalize on that luck, and we did.?

Germany next takes on Argentina in a quarterfinal at Cape Town?s Green Point Stadium on Saturday.

Things would have been different if it was 2-2 at half time - you could see as soon as Germany scored a third goal and it went to 3-1 England pretty much gave up.

To be honest, I feel sorry for Lampard the most. One inches away, one deflected off the post, and one actually past the goal line - and still no goal! The man deserved one IMO regardless of the end score.