[WC2010] Round of 16 - Germany vs. England (Match 51)

Who will win game 51?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

M.F.D.K

I'm so disappointed at England, me think they've been having too much Fish/Chips, they're so ****ing slow. Well done to ze Germans, i mean they were extremely quick in every aspect of the entire game.

Chicane-UK

Germany were excellent. England were utter pants. We've been setting ourselves up for an embarrassment all tournament and I knew all it would take would be a decent team to makes us look stupid. We should of known we were screwed when we stumbled our way through the group stages.

Well done Germany. Good luck for the rest of the tournament.

• Like 1

Darth Laidher

Gonna go read what the Mirror and the Sun gotta say this should be Interesting.

wolfman1380

I guess the OCTOPUS was right again!! :D

How the hell did i forget about that. All bow down to the mighty OCTOPUS. :laugh:

philcruicks

I guess the OCTOPUS was right again!! :D

I'm gonna kill that Octopus!

FIFA you are sh*t and have the only sport where tech isn't used to make the game fair!

Tho well done to germany, you did play very well, I think you should have won bit with a score of 3-2 not 4-1

protocol7

Well that was a slaughter. The second goal certainly should have stood (and we know the English press will have a field day with it from tomorrow) but even if they'd gone into the second half 2-2 they were simply played off the field by Germany.

Hopefully this might just force FIFA to get with the program and introduce some way to overturn blatantly wrong referee decisions. America had a goal robbed last week (at the same time 3 or 4 of their players were being fouled in the penalty area) and that cost them a win as well. When the stakes are as high as the World Cup you have to have some means to right wrongs.

Knife Party

Great game, Germany practically made England look like a bunch of fat idiots. Poor defense and funny to see beckham as their official posterboy mascot :p

RoomKid

Sad!

Shayla

Germany is too good.England's defence was horrible today :(

Better team wins,that's the rule of the game

peacemf

One, Two, Three, Heathrow terminal Four :(

kaffra

DanLeto

Germany is too good.England's defence was horrible today :(

Better team wins,that's the rule of the game

England's defence was astoundingly bad during every game we've played

therat

We were absolute crap

christophulus

Truly awful. The worst thing of all is, where do we go from here? There's no Plan B.

L3thal

Let's be real here, the ref committed armed robbery against England. Do you think England would be so up the pitch at the beginning of the second half pushing everyone forward and allowing the Germans to score twice on the counter if they were tied 2-2?

All of you that say "it doesn't matter because we still would have won 4-2" don't know what you are talking about. If England tied it 2-2 Germany would NEVER get those 3 on 3 counter attacks like they did because England wouldn't have everyone up the field to begin with.

Sad...

• Like 2

Richteralan

Truly awful. The worst thing of all is, where do we go from here? There's no Plan B.

there's one after 4 years....

hope they can do some reformation of the team.

tiagosilva29

The "goal" that England supposedly scored was to even that one from the '66 Final against Germany. 44 year old justice!

• Like 1

COKid

Hmm, another missed goal by the ref. No surprise there. :sleep:

No matter who wins, this World Cup is rubbish.

Darth Laidher

Let's be real here, the ref committed armed robbery against England. Do you think England would be so up the pitch at the beginning of the second half pushing everyone forward and allowing the Germans to score twice on the counter if they were tied 2-2?

All of you that say "it doesn't matter because we still would have won 4-2" don't know what you are talking about. If England tied it 2-2 Germany would NEVER get those 3 on 3 counter attacks like they did because England wouldn't have everyone up the field to begin with.

Sad...

Yes they were robbed but they lost 4-1, ok give them that goal 4-2 they still would of lost.

BlueDraGon

Yes they were robbed but they lost 4-1, ok give them that goal 4-2 they still would of lost.

Yeah but 2-2 would have been a different game, with different strategies, etc..

Richteralan

Sad...

indeed.

If the goal counted. Then it will be a 2-2 for the first half. The morale is boosting for england and germany feels the pressure. So the final result is still unclear.

People saying that mostly ignored football has to be played as a TEAM. TEAM MORALE is very important. And probably they just start watching football until these past few days.. :rofl:

L3thal

You completely missed the point of my post...

Darth Laidher

Yeah but 2-2 would have been a different game, with different strategies, etc..

The way they looked no strategies would of helped.

Valerus

What a scoreline. Geez. How many more goals until Klose tops the World Cup goalscorer list?

Richteralan

The "goal" that England supposedly scored was to even that one from the '66 Final against Germany. 44 year old justice!

if you ever compared those 2 goals, you'll see the 1966 was debatable and 2010 is clearly a goal.

You completely missed the point of my post...

just ignore him..lol