Barclays Premier League Season 2010/2011

334 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take the title this year?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham
    • Blackburn
    • Blackpool
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham
    • West Bromwich
    • West Ham
    • Wigan
    • Wolverhampton
  2. 2. Who's getting relegated?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham
    • Blackburn
    • Blackpool
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham
    • West Bromwich
    • West Ham
    • Wigan
    • Wolverhampton
  3. 3. Who will take the scoring title?

• Drogba (Chelsea)
    • Rooney (Manchester United)
    • Bent (Sunderland)
    • Tevez (Manchester City)
    • Lampard (Chelsea)
    • Dafoe (Tottenham)
    • Torres (Liverpool)
    • Fabregas (Arsenal)
    • Adebayor (Manchester City)
    • Agbonlahor (Aston Villa)
    • Saha (Everton)
    • Berbatov (Manchester United)
    • Malouda (Chelsea)
    • Anelka (Chelsea)
    • Bellamy (Manchester City)
    • Carew (Aston Villa)
    • Carlton Cole (West Ham)
    • Arshavin (Arsenal)
    • Jerome (Birmingham)
    • Other!

Latest EPL stats for the season on Sky

Top Shooter: Didier Drogba (Chelsea) 73

Top Passer: Danny Murphy (Fulham) 1686

Top Tackler: Stuart Holden (Bolton) 103

Most Dribbles & Runs: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan) 210

Most Crosses: Matthew Jarvis (Wolves) 251

Most Offsides: Darren Bent (Sunderland/Aston Villa) 45

Most Fouls: Kevin Davies (Bolton) 82

Team with most fouls: Bolton 357

Team with most shots: Chelsea 355

More stats here

Fernando Torres has admitted Liverpool are a bigger club than Chelsea but says he moved to Stamford Bridge because he was not enjoying his football at Anfield.

The striker has been heavily criticised by Liverpool fans following his ?50 million move to west London after three-and-a-half years on Merseyside.

?Liverpool will always be very special to me,? he told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser.

?Because of its history, Liverpool is a bigger club, but it is going through a difficult time.

?Money was not important - I left to improve sporting-wise. I thought I would stay one more year and take it as a transition season.

?But a time comes when you lose enthusiasm, you see those in the Spanish national team are playing at a different level

?Then when everything looked black, Chelsea came and showed a real interest in me.

?Chelsea are like Manchester United - the strongest over the last 10 years.

?One [Liverpool or Chelsea] is not better than the other - I'm just happy to have had the fortune of playing for both of them.

?I have been pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere in the Chelsea changing room.

?I thought it would be more distant but the atmosphere is very good. They laugh, they joke and it's nice.?

Torres is currently on international duty with Spain ahead of their home friendly with Colombia and admits it is a welcome opportunity to get away from the media glare in England.

?These past 10 days have been very intense and it still is,? he said.

?Everything has gone so quickly and it's as though I have a lot of information in my head.

?It seems that a month has gone by instead of a week. I want to enjoy playing with the national team because we are champions of everything.

?This game is good for me to disconnect from it all.?

I think all he's really admitted is that he's full of s***. His excuses for wanting to leave liverpool seem to keep flip flopping. To me it seems clear, Chelsea offered him a packet he couldn't refuse, and his loyalty dissolved more quickly than most people could blink their eyelids.

The Olympic Park Legacy Company (OPLC) are expected to nominate the Hammers as the preferred bidders on Friday and ask that the OPLC board backs the decision, which must then be ratified by the London mayor and the government.

West Ham's intent to keep the running track in place and use the stadium for concerts and other sports is believed to have pushed them ahead of Tottenham, who would instead tear down the existing structure and rebuild a football-specific stadium on its site.

A bitter war of words has been waged by the two Premier League clubs in recent weeks in their tussle to win the right to claim ownership of the stadium following the Olympics in 2012.

Both Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy and West Ham co-owner David Sullivan put forth their visions for the site in columns in the London Evening Standard this week, while Sullivan further told ESPNsoccernet that awarding the stadium to his club "works for West Ham United and all of London".

Part of the London team's successful bid for the 2012 Games was its pledge to provide an athletics legacy and to help reinvigorate the surrounding area of London's East End. West Ham's multi-purpose vision fulfils that pledge better than Tottenham's compromise of revamping the Crystal Palace athletics facilities.

If West Ham's bid is successful as now appears likely, Tottenham will be forced to return to plans to redevelop White Hart lane.

Deloitte Football Money League

1) Real Madrid: 438.6m euros

2) Barcelona: 398.1m euros

3) Man Utd: 349.8m euros

4) Bayern Munich: 323m euros

5) Arsenal: 274.1m euros

6) Chelsea: 255.9m euros

7) AC Milan: 235.8.m euros

8) Liverpool: 225.3m euros

9) Inter Milan 224.8m euros

10) Juventus: 205m euros

Source: Deloitte: 2009/10

:woot: We are richer than Liverpool and Chel$ki??? :blink:

Arsenal spend more wisely than Chelsea, and Liverpool are still recovering from their debts. Not actually surprised by this to be honest. Wenger and Fergie are probably the 2 most shrewd managers in the league

West Brom have appointed former Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson as their new head coach.

The 63-year-old, who parted company with the Reds in January after only six months in charge, succeeds Roberto di Matteo at the Hawthorns.

BBC Sport

LOL

Good goal but not the "goal of the decade" like people are talking about.

Bale's goal against Stoke impressed me more.

1999 was a good year for an overhead kick :p

1999 was a good year for an overhead kick :p

I commented on a different video of this kick yesterday...definitely better than Rooney's.

Although both are great. I guess for Rooney's, it was almost more about getting the win over cross-town rivals than the goal itself.

But I guess put the two together and it was a grand moment for United.