97 members have voted

1. 1. What race do you play as (the most)?

• Protoss
    • Terran
    • Zerg
    • Random

I can´t Add anyone, its says player doesnt exist to:

Anaron 758

Fellyn 773

LOC 184

they have to be the same region as you i think.

Razorwing -615. :D I wonder if the number means something.

My guess is its a form of ID. It stops random people from spamming you without knowing your number (or at least stops people from adding you as a friend without asking you first), and it allows you to keep your identity secret in a way that your friends can ID you by knowing your ID number.

I've separated the names by region. I assume there are only 4 major regions: North America, South America, Europe and Asia (including Australia).

Try this:

- Go: Account > Settings > Communication Preferences

- Switch your language to match the play region.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=26262988238&sid=3000

Yeah, thanks man! I tried everything, synced all language/regional settings - still no luck. Fortunately, the guest pass worked and I was able to play for a few hours last night :)

USE EMAILS, much easier, much better. Come on anaron!

So, got home, installed booted it at 10:30. Just took a break, got to mission 2, beat it(playing on Hard difficult, feel so rusty) and only took first try, so im good so far, i hope lol. Got scared when raynor was by himself against the hq and the peoples helped me.

Anyway, ITS ****ING EPIC. After the mission me and a buddy 2v2. GOD I LOVE THIS GAME.

Officially lost my life to it. Till reach that is :)

Nice, I bought the digital version earlier today, I've been playing the campaign.

I haven't played multiplayer yet but my name/code/region is:

Argote - 105 - North America

I bought the digital version specifically because I didn't want to be in the Latin America region which is what's available in retail stores here in Mexico (yes, it's cheaper but it only lasts 6 months...) and I wanted to get the game in English, the voice acting is just so much better.

So far I'm fairly disgusted with blizzard, I received my copy on Monday and it's been failing to update since then. The install from the DVD goes fine. Then the internet patches come along and either the updater does not work (as with the first patch) and I have to start again or the blizzard downloader sits at 0% with zero peers (tracker not responding). I emailed blizzard and the response was reinstall and/or delete the torrent files and try again if that didn't work.

This has done absolutely nothing, so I've had the game three days and the total played time is 0:00.

I've attempted to control if I can use peer to peer or not, but it isn't actually accessible on OSX via the launcher.. which is retarded. I found a way to do it using the old starcraft anthology downloader I had, but it made no difference. All that does is create about 15 background "blizzard downloader" threads that do nothing.

So if anyone knows where to get the files from the blizzard torrents:

sc2-15405-16117-Uni-OSX-enUS-game

sc2-15405-16117-x86-Win-enUS-campaign

sc2-15405-16117-x86-Win-enUS-locale

Feel free to drop me a line, because blizzard sure as hell aren't helping.

Something I'm finding quite odd is that in the campaign, some of the stuff you get is not in the multiplayer part of the game. I was hoping that playing through the campaign I would learn enough to be able to dive into some matches but it seems kind of pointless to do it that way. I guess I'll have to play vs the Ai to really start to learn build orders and macro and what not to get the basics down.

Something I'm finding quite odd is that in the campaign, some of the stuff you get is not in the multiplayer part of the game. I was hoping that playing through the campaign I would learn enough to be able to dive into some matches but it seems kind of pointless to do it that way. I guess I'll have to play vs the Ai to really start to learn build orders and macro and what not to get the basics down.

Blizzard talked about it a while ago about how they wanted to add a bunch of throwback units from SC1 that didn't make it into SC2 and having them in the campaign is a good balance.

So far I'm fairly disgusted with blizzard, I received my copy on Monday and it's been failing to update since then. The install from the DVD goes fine. Then the internet patches come along and either the updater does not work (as with the first patch) and I have to start again or the blizzard downloader sits at 0% with zero peers (tracker not responding). I emailed blizzard and the response was reinstall and/or delete the torrent files and try again if that didn't work.

This has done absolutely nothing, so I've had the game three days and the total played time is 0:00.

I've attempted to control if I can use peer to peer or not, but it isn't actually accessible on OSX via the launcher.. which is retarded. I found a way to do it using the old starcraft anthology downloader I had, but it made no difference. All that does is create about 15 background "blizzard downloader" threads that do nothing.

I don't have the retail copy yet, because I'm out of town, but I seem to remember during the beta there was some option to direct download patches. It was slow as hell, but I think there was an options somewhere. I don't know if that option still exists.

Yeah, I used to take the campaign route to learn about the units and the buildings, but this time, I didn't want to wait 30 hours playing the campaign to learn about the latest units and the abilities :)

The first time I loaded the game, I went straight to a 3v3 match vs a computer with two bots of different races on my side to take a peek on what they are doing as well :)

The campaign does have different units and the way you evolve the tech tree is waaay different. I do enjoy the story though (

even if some of the first missions seem a bit pointless at first

)

Hmm it is possible that the Blizzard servers were getting hammered.. maybe that's why the tracker was not responding. Maybe you should try it again today? I think most of the traffic should be gone? It's a day after the release.. soo it's possible.

try this site instructions and link is in the 2nd post. checked they are the us patch files.

Link

I wasnt expecting much from this game as im not into MP and the graphics in the beta didnt impress me (nor did the Terran storyline in the original SC for the campaign). But wowzers is it good fun again :)

Loving some of the lil elements they have added to the campaign, mission choices (or the illusion there of choice, still good :) ) and the tech tree choices are quite interesting. The hub after missions is nice too. Overall just some lil things+some polish on the graphics it seems and im really enjoying the campaign havent stopped since I got home from work. The plot is turning out pretty awesome too.

try this site instructions and link is in the 2nd post. checked they are the us patch files.

Link

Cheers for the link, I ended up getting it sorted out. It definitely wasn't the servers, I had issues with the programs themselves not working properly. In the end I had to resort to using a torrent client and limiting the number of connections down. Turns out the blizzard downloader was spawning multiple copies of itself over and over in the background and they were all fighting for access to the file.

I'm finally getting to enjoy the game though, so I don't care :D I'm only about 8 missions down at the moment, but I'm enjoying it immensely.

Cheers for the link, I ended up getting it sorted out. It definitely wasn't the servers, I had issues with the programs themselves not working properly. In the end I had to resort to using a torrent client and limiting the number of connections down. Turns out the blizzard downloader was spawning multiple copies of itself over and over in the background and they were all fighting for access to the file.

I'm finally getting to enjoy the game though, so I don't care :D I'm only about 8 missions down at the moment, but I'm enjoying it immensely.

Awesome! Don't forget to send Anaron an IM for your Bnet Code.

If you make a guest account, can you upgrade that account later with a retail normal or CE key?

I guess so... that would be the point of the guest account, wouldn't it?

Where did you buy your copy? I've been looking for a place to buy mine but I can only find the LA version.

I guess, but still, wanted to know if anyone has more info. :) I don't like two SC2 accounts sitting in my Battle.Net account, just like with WoW. Thanks for the reply! :)

Anyone has a spare guest pass for sharing? :heart:

Off-topic: Can you remove a WoW account from your Battle.Net account?