yeah it's out and i think it's messing up the servers. but time indeed for you to turn your 360 back on, look at that gamerscore...shouldn't it be higher? :whistle:

yeah it's out and i think it's messing up the servers. but time indeed for you to turn your 360 back on, look at that gamerscore...shouldn't it be higher? :whistle:

Ha ha ha I wish I had the time. Sadly my college schedules my past few semesters has been horrendous.

Does anyone have 1250 or 1400 MS points? I can't get the map pack anytime soon with a credit card and I doubt it'll be possible for me to go to the store to buy it (because of a snow storm). It'd be greatly appreciated if someone could send me a code via PM. I'm willing to pay immediately with PayPal.

EDIT: I don't need it anymore. Thanks for the offer, Cupcakes.

Edited by Anaron

Does anyone have 1250 or 1400 MS points? I can't get the map pack anytime soon with a credit card and I doubt it'll be possible for me to go to the store to buy it (because of a snow storm). It'd be greatly appreciated if someone could send me a code via PM. I'm willing to pay immediately with PayPal.

Check your PM in a second.

Out of all of the new maps I'd have to say stadium is my favorite, I love that map. I had a quick go on the zombie map which looked pretty cool also.

**** you Treyarch you bunch of *******s. geofenced and IP locked DLC? why? maybe you morons can get my company to transfer me back to the US with the same pay and benefits just so i can use the ****ing $20-worth of MS points i bought just to download your ****ing four maps. and no, it's not the maps, it's the principle. i hate being punished for leading an international lifestyle - by necessity. so yeah, until Treyarch can bring jobs in my line of work back to the US they can go **** themselves. i'm removing Black Ops from my 360 and will never purchase anything Treyarch touch unless this is fixed. that is all.

**** you Treyarch you bunch of *******s. geofenced and IP locked DLC? why? maybe you morons can get my company to transfer me back to the US with the same pay and benefits just so i can use the ****ing $20-worth of MS points i bought just to download your ****ing four maps. and no, it's not the maps, it's the principle. i hate being punished for leading an international lifestyle - by necessity. so yeah, until Treyarch can bring jobs in my line of work back to the US they can go **** themselves. i'm removing Black Ops from my 360 and will never purchase anything Treyarch touch unless this is fixed. that is all.

Have you tried contacting/calling MS or Treyarch in hope of them sorting this out for you?

****ing lol'd all the way through your post.

this isn't something they want to fix, they did this on purpose, contacting them would be useless. the jerks want us "internationally-mobile" irritants to pay for separate Gold accounts for each location we're posted to or stationed in or otherwise choose to habit. they're willing to alienate us because their overall consumer base is quite large, so someone high up made the random decision to region lock this crap and that's just the way it is. well, they can keep their ****ing game and their maps. sorry Sgt. Woods, it's time for you to be retired. it's been a good ride.

thanks for seeing humor in this Brad, honestly i'm not very amused, though, i don't like being taken for a chump :angry:

Is it Treyarch's fault? I thought it was Microsoft's fault with how Xbox LIVE works? Maybe not. In any case it isn't fair for those who travel a lot such as yourself.

this isn't something they want to fix, they did this on purpose, contacting them would be useless. the jerks want us "internationally-mobile" irritants to pay for separate Gold accounts for each location we're posted to or stationed in or otherwise choose to habit. they're willing to alienate us because their overall consumer base is quite large, so someone high up made the random decision to region lock this crap and that's just the way it is. well, they can keep their ****ing game and their maps. sorry Sgt. Woods, it's time for you to be retired. it's been a good ride.

thanks for seeing humor in this Brad, honestly i'm not very amused, though, i don't like being taken for a chump :angry:

How is that treyarch's fault? :p

So you bought the points, im assuming that the points have been redeemed on your gamertag? Your US points and your US gamertag correct? If so then that's pretty bad on MS's end but if you're trying to use a US Card on an EU/whatever region Gamertag then I can see the problem! Same with if you're using a US Gamertag and a different region Points card.

The Points and Gold Sub cards are region locked/region based to avoid importing at lower prices (I believe). It's not to screw over the "internationally-mobile" irritants. Ha.

In other news: CoD: Black Ops, Serious ****ing Business

yes, US account and US points. i don't know who is specifically behind this, it's likely a combination of all three. but let me remind you Activision issues all COD titles region free, so why is the DLC fenced? also, how come IW games don't have this? leads to suspect it's the insecure Treyarch intitiating this, probably some nonsense with keeping people playing close to their local servers to reduce lag or some nonsense like that. the entire concept of region locking anything is idiotic. you can't on one hand market yourself as a global brand with a global appeal and on the other hand punish your customers for simply acting out the same globalization you so dearly cherish in your press releases. geofencing is a stupid strategy, if you want to prevent people getting everything from one location because it's cheaper, hire more finance people, adjust for cost of living and purchasing power parity, and release the ****ing product with one universal price point. it's not that ****ing hard.

EDIT: it's got nothing to do with the MS points. it's all to do with the account and the console being in geographically different locations based on IP address. welcome to 1999 all over again!

A friend of mine made the mistake of getting me 1600 Xbox Live points from the US. :pinch: As you may already be aware, these points will only work with a US account (which isn't good for me since I have a Canadian account). If anyone wants to get these points off me for a fair price, shoot me a PM.

Anyway, so far I only like Berlin Wall and Stadium. The rest of the maps aren't as "fun" as the original maps. I found myself itching to play maps like Firing Range or WMD when Discovery or Kowloon is locked in. As for Ascension (the new zombie mode map), I'd say it's just as fun as Kino Der Toten.

yeah, the points being region-coded is something i learned early on when i bought a bunch of them during a visit to Asia then brought them back to the US...needless to say they didn't work. the fact that the US and Canada are not the same region is odd to say the least. if the phone network doesn't have a problem with that border, why should MS?

Discovery is going to be a sniper fest, which is cool if your into that sort of thing, I prefer taking a more run and gun approach. Kowloon annoys me, simply because everyone sits in corners and waits for someone to walk past. I don't know if thats because the map is so new and no one is really familiar with it yet but it's still really frustrating!

I've also fallen in love with the flamethrower attachment, especially in HQ. :)

Discovery is going to be a sniper fest, which is cool if your into that sort of thing, I prefer taking a more run and gun approach. Kowloon annoys me, simply because everyone sits in corners and waits for someone to walk past. I don't know if thats because the map is so new and no one is really familiar with it yet but it's still really frustrating!

I hope it's because the map is new. I played two TDM matches last night on that map, and both times the time limit was reached.

HQ on that map is pretty crazy.

I'm going to have a good go at Ascention tonight before the double XP weekend kicks off.

You might want to play Ascension* earlier, Double XP for you starts at 6PM today. For those here in the United States it starts at 10AM PST (12PM CST/1PM EST) today.

If everyone doesn't already know, you will have to completely back out of your lobby (multiplayer main menu) then go back in, in order to grab the updated playlists after Double XP comes out just like past Call of Duty games have required otherwise you'll find yourself having a hard time searching as well as no Double XP.

def glad about double xp... even though I swore I would not prestige.. here I am on round 3 - hopefully this weekend I can hit level 50 (around 30 something now).

look at the gamercard, Treyarch, you bunch of ****s. yes, your game's not there anymore. it's been replaced by Bad Company 2 Vietnam. which has better maps than yours, if i may add. ta ta.

look at the gamercard, Treyarch, you bunch of ****s. yes, your game's not there anymore. it's been replaced by Bad Company 2 Vietnam. which has better maps than yours, if i may add. ta ta.

Quit whining like a spoiled brat in here. If you don't like the game then STOP REPLYING/VIEWING a thread for the game.

It's really that simple.

Quit whining like a spoiled brat in here. If you don't like the game then STOP REPLYING/VIEWING a thread for the game.

It's really that simple.

This. I was one who covered Black Ops a lot before it came out, sadly had high expectations. I got it when it first came out, played till just a week ago before I sold the game and bought MW2 again. My only real problems with the game are the changes to the sniper (reason for going back to MW2, even though I'm a marathon sniper anyways) and connection problems. Treyarch seems to not have a clue on how to handle host selections and host migrations which this game is apparently dependent on. Your bullet hitting the target's hitbox from a 4bar to a 3 bar has a huge gap. While I liked the different customization options (emblem, red dots, clan tag, camos, etc), the bottom line is: If you aren't having fun with a game, there is no reason to "suffer" through playing it how it is. But, you don't see me ranting off to Treyarch or on forums about how "*****star***star your game is ***star***"; I simply sold it, briefly said why, and moved on.