So, tested the game today on a few servers, all well and good, patch recently has improved performance, then I hit a server where my rank was 1. I backed out and checked everything. My rank has been reset.

That's the final straw with this game, I was up to rank 49, was gonna hit 50 and leave it from there, but nope, gotta start again from scratch. Gonna uninstall it. Major buyer's remorse for preordering from Amazon.

So, tested the game today on a few servers, all well and good, patch recently has improved performance, then I hit a server where my rank was 1. I backed out and checked everything. My rank has been reset.

That's the final straw with this game, I was up to rank 49, was gonna hit 50 and leave it from there, but nope, gotta start again from scratch. Gonna uninstall it. Major buyer's remorse for preordering from Amazon.

They're having server issues today. A lot of people have had this happen. I doubt your rank will be at one when the servers are working again.

They're having server issues today. A lot of people have had this happen. I doubt your rank will be at one when the servers are working again.

Considering that ranks are stored on the Steam Cloud it seems unlikely. Oh well :/

I checked it again just now and it's still one.

Considering that ranks are stored on the Steam Cloud it seems unlikely. Oh well :/

I checked it again just now and it's still one.

Pretty sure they don't use the steam cloud. I think they have the ranks stored on their own servers like BFBC2.

This game is trash, though. There's no denying that. The fact that I spent $59 on this trash makes me feel terrible.

Pretty sure they don't use the steam cloud. I think they have the ranks stored on their own servers like BFBC2.

This game is trash, though. There's no denying that. The fact that I spent $59 on this trash makes me feel terrible.

Yeah, the fact I preordered it as well makes me feel horrible. I've never felt buyers remorse, and now I know what it's like.

Alright, decided to have a quick game, seems Double EXP is enabled. Got to Rank 4 (Which unlocks custom classes) and all my custom classes are still there.

Obviously if I change anything the weapons lock again, but I still have access to those classes. Really strange. :huh:

Anyone talking bad about black ops is just the typical mw2 ****** who does that bs tryhard **** like OMA noobtube, commando, and shotgun classes. Black ops actually takes skill, hence why the garbage players that used those cheap classes in mw2 dont succeed, and the people who didnt do succeed.

The only negative about black ops, and i mean the only negative is the horrible connection. Which I end up just leaving games in 3 bar in.

Anyone talking bad about black ops is just the typical mw2 ****** who does that bs tryhard **** like OMA noobtube, commando, and shotgun classes. Black ops actually takes skill, hence why the garbage players that used those cheap classes in mw2 dont succeed, and the people who didnt do succeed.

The only negative about black ops, and i mean the only negative is the horrible connection. Which I end up just leaving games in 3 bar in.

(PC + DEDICATED SERVERS FTW) there no real Negative thing I can perosnly think of... exspecial with dedicated server and house rules.. its as simple as kicking/banning for people that don't follow rules.

Amen I SHUN on any one that uses

Equipment IE GayMores (Having hacker/hacker pro fixes this issues)

Bunny Hoppers

Dolphin Divers

Noob Tubers

Noob Stand

if your going to game, game with skill, If your going to kill me it better be with a bullet or a Stab in the back>LOL

I don't mined getting camped as long as it with a bullet.

I don't mined getting spawned as long as it with a bullet...

if you can't aim and shoot a normal pistal/rifle then get out of my face and off my team

(this go for ever single FPS out there)

(kill streaks exammed) spawning with a chopping is quite understandible. (get Ghost pro or suck it up...)

^ Black Ops takes less skill to be good.

To be honest, I'll agree with this. There's an element of skill involved in Modern Warfare 2 that I simply cannot grasp. It's my least favorite game, at least of those I've played from the series. It really is not a game I enjoy, but it definitely is one that demands the utmost skill from a player to fully enjoy it.

Equipment IE GayMores (Having hacker/hacker pro fixes this issues)

Bunny Hoppers

Dolphin Divers

Noob Tubers

Noob Stand

if your going to game, game with skill, If your going to kill me it better be with a bullet or a Stab in the back>LOL

I don't mined getting camped as long as it with a bullet.

I don't mined getting spawned as long as it with a bullet...

if you can't aim and shoot a normal pistal/rifle then get out of my face and off my team

(this go for ever single FPS out there)

(kill streaks exammed) spawning with a chopping is quite understandible. (get Ghost pro or suck it up...)

I take it you'll therefore have a problem with C4 and all the other equipment? I love using C4 as two additional grenades of sorts. If someone is inside a building I can use them to attack without ever exposing myself, or use them as a makeshift grenade. I can handle Claymores, because Hacker or Flak Jacket both provide a solution to that problem, and it's rare I run anything other than Hacker in my third slot. What's even wrong with Dolphin Diving? It's a feature in the game, and if it puts the player at an advantage you may as well get used to it. I don't find the dolphin dive to be 'nooby' at all, mainly due to the fact I rarely see it being used. I use it whenever I feel it could help (eg. jumping behind cover).

Noob Tubers are virtually non-existent in Black Ops considering how comparatively poor the Grenade Launcher is. It's most definitely not a dominant weapon (the China Lake takes forever and a day to be readied and then fired a second time). I still rock the GP-20 on my AK-47 because it's the one attachment that benefits me with that gun. If someone's behind a wall, that's fine - the grenade launcher comes into its own. Last Stand is a perk I see a lot of complaining about, but with the most recent patch and Double XP it is a godsend. You could make 160XP off shooting a guy who was in Last Stand, even if you had done no other damage to him. It's an annoying perk when you get killed by it, but generally, dying from it happens to be in the minority. Most of the time, you'll be able to put another cluster of rounds into the other player before he even gets a few off.

I find being spawn-camped a much more frustrating experience than a few perks and playstyles, because there's little you can do to beat a spawn-camper, but you're spoilt for choice when it comes to the other problems. I'm glad to say I can fire a pistol and a rifle in-game quite accurately (I doubt I'd be much use to you outside a game though). I rarely find myself being destroyed in the spawn by a Chopper Gunner. When I find someone using the CG, I use my Ghost class and a Strela-3 (assuming I've unlocked it at the time). If I don't have it, I get into a building and wait it out, trying to nail a few enemies at the same time.

I acutally don't mined equipment being used I personly don't use it (mainly just give your camping spot away (IE gaymores) u see a gaymore down and u can bet some one close by

seeing hacker/pro can see all fourms of equipment includedng frags its no problem..

I Just prefure old School shooting games ..back in the day that it really need skill.. COD 1/2 for example.. the most u had was a frag but u didn;t have anything else... RainBow six and halo 1 are other example of decently built FPS (refuring to PC gaming only)

for the most part there no dolphin diving and bunny hopping wasn't all that easy to do. (CounterStike is the only old school FPS that was acutally garbage do to how easy bunny hopping is)

but that list of no-no's are for all FPS in general and just just targeted at COD.

^^ Not necessarily, I get great pleasure out of killing someone, knowing full well they will be back for a revenge kill and leaving a claymore for them. It works a surprisingly high number of times. If they don't have hacker or flak jacket on then tough cookies.

Also, the flamethrower attachment is the most satisfying thing I've ever used :p

Hi,

Been playing COD for a while now but I have no idea what is meant by:

Bunny Hoppers &

Dolphin Divers

lol

Max

Dolphin diving I think means jumping then going prone in a short amount of time. Bunny hopping sounds like jumping a lot...?

Go to YouTube, search for "counter strike bhopping" and watch in wonder.

Also CoD never requires much skill, it's just the right perks at the right time.

I swear, sometimes it seems that "gamer" is a different language.

Gaymore? That sounds ridiculous and immature. Why not call it what it is: a Claymore.

"Bunny Hoppers," "Dolphin Divers," "Noob Tubers," "Noob Stand"...I think I understand the first three (although I'm still not entirely sure on "Noob Tubers"...someone that uses the M203 attachment? Isn't that a legitimate tactic, like firing a RPG?) but "Noob Stand"?

Back to the game, I've never used the flamethrower attachment. Actually, I don't think I've ever been killed by it either, or even seen it. How well does it work?

EDIT: Thanks for the clarification on "Dolphin Divers." Again, the act of running and then jumping to a prone position is a legitimate tactic.

Flamethrower is pretty much like the grenade launcher attachment, except when you pull the trigger it shoots out a flame. It's range isn't anywhere near as far as the GL obviously and I've probably been killed more times trying to use it than I have kills with it, but it's sooo much fun :)

In black ops you can dive by holding the crouch button whilst running. I rarely see anyone doing this, bunny hopping is much more common. And Noob stick??? :blink:

In black ops you can dive

That's the word I should have used, not jumping to a prone position. Either way, diving is a legitimate tactic rather than a bug or exploit.

Yeah it's legit, I do have a small video of one of my mates showing how not to dive, but for some reason can't get it uploaded to my theater on www.callofduty.com

NoobTuber (there was a Title for this In MW2 BTW) is some one that uses the grnade Luancher or RPG . Some one with no Real Aiming skill (ie Sights up and shoot)

Dolphin Diver = Some one that gose Prone well shooting or being shot at from a standing or crouch Postion. Runing then Prone right away...

Bunny Hopper = some one that Jump around conors and jumps well Shooting

Noob Stand = Last Stand Peak User

GayMore = Claymore

Blind Nader = some one that randomly tosses a frag/semtex with out first aquiring a target.

there all consider Cheap/Noobie tactics in FPS and many Dedicated server banned a few if not all tactics like this... (minus equipment)

Most Tactical Server DO NOT alowe these and most require user to aim down sights to make a kill too

Example :

the bottom pic are my personly favs one, Out of all of them only 2 do not have any house rules well the rest have some of the above ruels (if not most IE Crouch = Tactical use all the above rules)

and they remain alwazs for the most part...fulll... a pain in the... to get a spot most the time.

post-342470-0-09664300-1299629804.jpg

post-342470-0-25150900-1299630600.jpg

post-342470-0-04674300-1299630831.jpg