IE9 UI

I actually quite like this UI, minimal, simple and works. I'm sure a lot of people would prefer the tab bar below or above the address bar, mainly being drawn in the titlebar for the maximised view.

He's went silent it seems.

On topic though, have the IE9b1 installed, and it's working good, performance is holding up. UI wise it does need a few touches here and there, mostly what everyone seems to be asking for, the ability to move the tabs from next to the address bar to below or above maybe.

The fav bar needs work as well so it can fit better with the rest of the UI. The drop down menu from the back/forward buttons is gone, gotta get that back plz. I'm sure there's other stuff, like the whole Internet Options windows needs to be redone, it's stuck in Win98 mode.

He's still posting, he just doesn't want to face the consequences :p

The drop down menu from the back/forward buttons is gone, gotta get that back plz.

Press and hold onto the back button, or right click the back button, the menu will appear :shifty:

Yeah, they mentioned that in the Engadget review. It turns to red when you are on GMail :)

I'm liking IE9 UI so far but the address bar just doesn't look right somehow. I don't know the right way it should be but seems to be kinda "off". Maybe putting the tabs up top like some other people demoed would make it look right but i'd rather the tabs get the full width of the browser and that they spread out to reveal more of the page title.

I don't really need the address bar to be full width either so it's kinda a weird need. The top up there looks kinda bland tho is the problem i have with it now.

Look what happens to the back/forward buttons on DeviantArt...

<snip>

Cool.

Yeah, they mentioned that in the Engadget review. It turns to red when you are on GMail :)

I'm liking IE9 UI so far but the address bar just doesn't look right somehow. I don't know the right way it should be but seems to be kinda "off". Maybe putting the tabs up top like some other people demoed would make it look right but i'd rather the tabs get the full width of the browser and that they spread out to reveal more of the page title.

I don't really need the address bar to be full width either so it's kinda a weird need. The top up there looks kinda bland tho is the problem i have with it now.

It does? I tried going to those sites using the IE9 Beta and it didn't change at all :/ stayed blue...there something your suppose to do to make it work??

I wish the tabs were aligned to the left of the window and the address bar shrunk to fit new tabs.

It does? I tried going to those sites using the IE9 Beta and it didn't change at all :/ stayed blue...there something your suppose to do to make it work??

I think they need to be sites that are pinned to your taskbar...

You only see it if you use the Add site to Taskbar feature.

It does? I tried going to those sites using the IE9 Beta and it didn't change at all hmm.gif stayed blue...there something your suppose to do to make it work??

The custom UI elements only show up if you tear the site tab off and pin it to the taskbar.

Cool thanks! works now :)

The custom UI elements only show up if you tear the site tab off and pin it to the taskbar.

Got it! Thanks! :)

And I'll stick to Chrome... IE just looks so freaking weird with the address bar/buttons/tabs all in the top section... freaks me out man. :blink:

If you're getting all freaked out about a minimalist UI in a browser, perhaps you have some deeper issues to address.

I know tossing out the "it's a beta" line is overused but with regards to the address bar, it does seem off and out of place with other changes they've done. I think they just didn't do anything to it and move the IE8 bar over for this first beta UI. There very well could be some redone address bar in beta 2 that we don't know about.

I'm all for having the address bar morph into a tab when not selected or in focus if you will. Like if you click on the tab or alt+d the tab would pop a bit up and expand into an address bar, you type in the address etc, then it would go back to a tab. They should also use the taskbar filling effect that's in IE8 and other browsers when you're downloading a file etc, so you get that effect when a page is loading since they seem to have stripped it from the status bar which now seems pretty useless.

I also think the download manager should have a basic and advanced version, like how windows explorer does when you move files around. Leave it up to the user at to which type they want, less info like now, or more info. The ability to pick which files you download through the manager and which you don't on the fly would be a plus as well. Small files don't need a d/l manager imo.

how come my ie9 doesn't display properly?

Did you run something that disabled Aero, and then it got re-enabled later? Sometimes the aero extensions used in programs to glassify more than just the border don't always catch on when Aero got re-enabled.

Did you run something that disabled Aero, and then it got re-enabled later? Sometimes the aero extensions used in programs to glassify more than just the border don't always catch on when Aero got re-enabled.

no, i havent ran anything to disable aero. everything else has aero enabled except ie9.

Hi, as I have tried this feature with Gmail site, and can get the 'right GUI effects' with red back/forward buttons, gmail tab icon to the left of these buttons, however when I then right click the Gmail icon now within my start menu, it does 'not' give me ----->Pin to the start menu option...am on Vista Home Premium 32-bit...

pintostartmenu.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have also reviewed this article:

http://www.tothepc.c...taskbar-in-ie9/

What are I doing wrong...? lol Is this feature not available because I'm on Vista and not Win7.......?

:blink:

Thanks

Apologies for the double-post, however I was just reviewing this, and it looks like the 'pinning favorites to the taskbar', tearing the tab and dragging/dropping down to taskbar in only a feature in Win7...

http://www.beautyoftheweb.com/#/highlights/seamless-with-windows-7

Oh well, at least in Vista, I can add the 'website' to the start menu, and then get the GUI effects of the back/forward buttons, as well as having the favicon being pinned/placed in the same area, if I choose...lol

After a day of using IE9, View Downloads download manager does not open anymore. Completed downloads cannot RUN nor can be Viewed on that download manager box at the bottom as well. I also cannot send feedback even though I have Live ID sign-in Assistant.

I wish I could send my feedback on these two issues.