IE9 UI

tried it for like five minutes, LOATHED the UI. Hate where the back/foward buttons are. hate the way they look. hate how the tabs are on the same part of the address bar etc etc.

tried it for like five minutes, LOATHED the UI. Hate where the back/foward buttons are. hate the way they look. hate how the tabs are on the same part of the address bar etc etc.

Aren't all back and forward buttons in the same spot in every browser?

I think he's talking about the awkward positioning of the back button so the bottom is cutuff. I know they are trying to do the metro UI stile back button but it just looks totally wrong, because no other parts of the app is metro style in the slightest. It just gives the impression the developer messed up and put the button too low rather than giving it a style.

After a day of using IE9, View Downloads download manager does not open anymore. Completed downloads cannot RUN nor can be Viewed on that download manager box at the bottom as well. I also cannot send feedback even though I have Live ID sign-in Assistant.

I wish I could send my feedback on these two issues.

This happened to me. Clear your download history.

I think he's talking about the awkward positioning of the back button so the bottom is cutuff. I know they are trying to do the metro UI stile back button but it just looks totally wrong, because no other parts of the app is metro style in the slightest. It just gives the impression the developer messed up and put the button too low rather than giving it a style.

that's exactly it (Y)

how come my ie9 doesn't display properly?

I had the same problem, it has to do with putting the file menu up top in IE7 / IE8. Open up regedit.exe, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser, set the ITBar7Position value to 0. That should fix it.

I'm not a big fan of the new interface. There's simply not enough space for how many tabs I typically have open at once.

Am I the only one finding it weird Microsoft brought back the Longhorn style of back/forward buttons?

I doubt the UI is anywhere near done, they just wanted to show off their pinning feature. Wouldn't surprise me at all if beta 2 doesn't match beta 1 much.

the download manager is still very incomplete as well

plus whats up with not showing download speed?blink.gif

This was brought up already, and a reply to it was that you just hover your mouse over the % done info fo ryou download and it'll show the speed then.

The best thing to do is to have a basic and advanced version with more info, how the windows explorer file transfer window is for example. I'd also like the ability to not use the download manager when I don't want to, like for small files, like maybe holding shift and clicking on a file won't use it.