[Official] Mafia II

its better than GTA4 no doubt if ur on a PC just because of the optimization.

The City is far more detailed but i get 45fps average with everything on MAX AAx0 and physx ON at 1920x1080.. and i just got a GTS 250..

i had to run GTA4 at 1024x768 with med to low settings.. and it ran with 25fps or so.

the driving is fun it feels real. i care for the cars. I try to keep them scratch free. to be very honest Vito has a better personality than the GTA4 guy.. i even forgot his name but i wont be forgetting Vito's.

The story is awesome but yes GTA had an awesome story aswell. The story cannot be compared.

oh and the weapons..

DAMN!! .the sound is awesome..

its better than many FPS.. :p

oh i love the M1 Garand.. i spelled it right ??

Also completed it earlier and have to agree, the ending was rubbish. It was really, really weak and the rest of the story wasn't immersive enough for me 'forgive' such a ending - Open for continuation or not.

I will say, the game itself is a gem - A worthy sequel to Mafia and everything is done with such an attention to detail and quality but the weak point of the game is the story.

Now I'm going to start the game on 'Hard', up from 'Medium' and can't wait for 'em to release "Jimmy's Vendetta" (Y)

The Driving is such a joke and the roads in the winter are horrible and its just a pure joke to get around with not getting killed at all. lol

The Driving is such a joke and the roads in the winter are horrible and its just a pure joke to get around with not getting killed at all. lol

Yeah man driving cars from the 50's in ice and snow should be cake.

On chapter 10 right now. Its good. Earlier chapters were boring.

I am playing at 1920X1080 reso. medium settings, 8X AF, no AA. It runs so good on my crappy system (Intel P4 3Gghz, xfx9600gt 512mb, 1.5gb RAM). :D :D :D

m8py60.jpg

4dg8p.jpg

Is that with AA on? What res?

I didn't have AA on, d'oh!

Turned it on and things looked a lot nicer:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z184/shirike/Gaming/mafia22010-08-3017-11-34-35.png

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z184/shirike/Gaming/mafia22010-08-3018-00-13-34.png

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z184/shirike/Gaming/mafia22010-08-3019-03-34-76.png :p

You must have blazed through.

Did it in two sessions :p I'm not complaining about the game because it was quality throughout especially Chapter 14.

I thought the ending was a bit disappointing but overall the game was good. Wish they'd had more side missions though such as car theft, drug runs, taking over territory etc.

Did it in two sessions :p I'm not complaining about the game because it was quality throughout especially Chapter 14.

Nice, just sayin' you must have done it fast - I didn't do anything on the side, no free-roaming or exploring, just doing the missions and failing very few of them. I clocked in at a bit over 8 hours.

The only chapter I failed on was chapter 14 at the warehouse :angry:

I've got a lot of achievements to get though - didn't even realise there were collectibles until I stumbled across one :p

I'll be starting it again myself but on hard mode, cause medium was easy sauce. I just hope they don't make the cops even more sensitive to my speeding lol